Chapter 11: "Powerless" discussion thread 12/03

bob.jpg

That picture looks weird.

If I were him, I would've turned it into gold and mounted it.

Someone on the previous page had an interesting thought about Sylar being able to hear Adam screaming underground--assuming he just happens to be at the same graveyard, which could be anywhere in the world.

If Adam isn't a threat, then why all the buildup of his character throughout season 2? I mean, all he had was the virus, which he couldn't have obtained without help from Peter (who was rather easily deceived considering that he can read minds). This is just another problem with season 2: wasting alot of time on a villain who turned out not so dangerous after all.

Even the dangerous ones were gotten rid of pretty quick. Maury, aka "Nightmare Man" Parkman was around for like, 2 episodes, and then disappeared. At least Sylar has been consistently reaping havoc.

I was hoping that they were foreshadowing Matt to be the next baddie. When Angela Petrelli told Matt that controlling her mind to getting the lady's location would make him "no better than his dad," and then then they cut to him holding her info, I thought for sure something would come to fruition.

Instead, not only did that turn out to be a dead end, but they couldn't even show on screen Matt discovering the body at least. And mentally raping someone like that instead of consulting Molly seems like a dumb move on his part.

ha, didn't even occur to me but you're right. Molly could've found her.:up:

its cuz its fake. that picture was taken in front of a green screen and the background was inserted.

of course so he could look normal, i totally forgot he could turn thiing's to gold, I was wondering why his pasword was MIdas.

they wouldn't have to waste time with a green screen. it's probably just photoshopped.

they wouldn't have to waste time with a green screen. it's probably just photoshopped.

i knew it had to be photoshopped. but it so bad it looks funny.

it would been much easier for them to just take a simple photo of bob and just framed it. that "photo" just seem stupid and silly.

Even the dangerous ones were gotten rid of pretty quick. Maury, aka "Nightmare Man" Parkman was around for like, 2 episodes, and then disappeared. At least Sylar has been consistently reaping havoc.

I was hoping that they were foreshadowing Matt to be the next baddie. When Angela Petrelli told Matt that controlling her mind to getting the lady's location would make him "no better than his dad," and then then they cut to him holding her info, I thought for sure something would come to fruition.

Instead, not only did that turn out to be a dead end, but they couldn't even show on screen Matt discovering the body at least. And mentally raping someone like that instead of consulting Molly seems like a dumb move on his part.

You are right about Maury, but Maury didn't have 6-7 episodes devoted to him, either.

I think the last eppisode was rushed and to nonstop, it would have been nice to see what could have played out with more eppisodes.

I think the last eppisode was rushed and to nonstop, it would have been nice to see what could have played out with more eppisodes.
it did feel rushed, but mostly the whole Nathan speech and his shooting, and yes, that could have played way much better had they had the chance to expand on that story for at least 4 episodes

Wasn't this ending the alternate ending that they filmed in case the writers strike didn't get resolved? If so then thats why it was rushed, you can't cram half a season into one episode and it not feel rushed.

I just can't get over the fact that Peter was so bad ass! Finally! He seems to be able to counter any ability they throw at him by using that same ability immediately. He's immune to timefreezes and Parkman couldn't control his mind

Do we know Nikki is definitely dead?

I think the guy walking away from the press conference looked like Peter (having gone back into the past realising what a terrible mistake Nathan was making and shotting him, even though it would have broken his heart!)

Its a safe assumption, she took her powers for granted and paid the price for giving it up. At least thats what I think the writers were trying to say.

I think the guy walking away from the press conference looked like Peter (having gone back into the past realising what a terrible mistake Nathan was making and shotting him, even though it would have broken his heart!)
He did have short black hair, it's an interesting theory and a good twist. I just can't decide if I like it or not.

see bold text

something like that crossed my mind too
we're talking about people for whom the laws of physics don't apply, Hiro himself went to tell Peter to save Claire, and tried to warn his father about his death
besides, the whole story is about how these people come out into the world and the world finally accepting them, but I guess that should take some time (maybe five seasons ;))

ha, didn't even occur to me but you're right. Molly could've found her.:up:

Yeah she could of but after what happened to Molly after he made her find his Dad he is probably afraid to use her that way again. Especially since he probably has an idea that Victoria probably had some powers but didn't know what it was.

What I don't get is why Peter didn't use his mind reading abilities on Adam once everyone started telling him Adam was one of the bad guys? He did know he could do that right?

You are right about Maury, but Maury didn't have 6-7 episodes devoted to him, either.

Yeah but he had a massive buildup though. They've been talking about nightmare man since the last season. He's revealed, sticks around for 2 episodes and then he's gone.

And most likely Maury will be back in Villains.

see bold text

Niki didn't just give her up her powers because she didn't want them. She injected herself with the virus so that wouldn't kill Bob. I think if anything the message was that you don't need powers to be a hero.

That and the Sanders family has a habit of getting each other killed over stupid ****.:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"