The Dark Knight Rises Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Which is ironic considering on how I've read some ppl saying that he looks better in terms of how he fights in TDKR than how he was shown to fight in the last two films.lol

Well, it's stated Batman isn't same guy he used to be before so... I think it might look better because he seems less martial arts more street fight from gifs.

Which is ironic considering on how I've read some ppl saying that he looks better in terms of how he fights in TDKR than how he was shown to fight in the last two films.lol

Nev pointed it out too in the GD thread that the other ironic thing is that Bale is bigger in TDKR than in TDK.

I'm loving the look of the fight sequences for TDKR, We are actually seeing Batman punch and kick much clearly than previously.

roof_battle.gif

now_what.gif

I've actually noticed this too. I've never really had a big problem with the fight scenes in both BB and TDK, but from the clips we've seen so far, TDKR's definitely seem more brutal. Look at that hit Bats gets on that thug's skull. I seriously 'ouched' the first time I saw that in the recent tv spot.

This is Nolan's third Batman movie, so if the fights look better this time around it shouldn't be much of a surprise.

"Originally, at the end of that scene, once the Joker reveals his information, Christian dropped him and then, almost as an afterthought, he kicked him in the head as he walked out of the room. We wound up removing that bit. It seemed a little too petulant for Batman in a way. And really, more than that, what it was is that I liked how Christian played it: When he drops the Joker, he has realized the futility of what he’s done. You see it in his eyes. How do you fight someone who thrives on conflict? It’s a very loose end to be left with."

I'm glad we'll see Batman kicking people's head this time. :woot:

"Originally, at the end of that scene, once the Joker reveals his information, Christian dropped him and then, almost as an afterthought, he kicked him in the head as he walked out of the room. We wound up removing that bit. It seemed a little too petulant for Batman in a way. And really, more than that, what it was is that I liked how Christian played it: When he drops the Joker, he has realized the futility of what he’s done. You see it in his eyes. How do you fight someone who thrives on conflict? It’s a very loose end to be left with."

First thing I thought of when I saw the new TV spot.

I seem to recall reading a quote from Bale on how in TDKR, Bruce is really going to be at the breaking point where he's hovering over that line of no return when it comes to how he handles himself as Batman; on how that anger that he dons as a mask can very well resort to killing if Bruce doesn't maintain his humanity....If this is the case, I can't wait to see it shown in the film.

Honestly, one of my BIGGEST issues with past takes is that they never really explore on how being Batman can really have a psychological toll on one's head.

I think we need these GIFs here too:

(credit to Venus)

:lmao:

tumblr_m6z3jiQyWC1qam81qo6_r1_250.gif
tumblr_m6z3jiQyWC1qam81qo8_r1_250.gif

tumblr_m6z3jiQyWC1qam81qo1_250.gif
tumblr_m6z3jiQyWC1qam81qo2_250.gif

tumblr_m6z3jiQyWC1qam81qo6_r1_250.gif

I wonder if this is how Bruce reacted to Selina's kiss? It'll be full circle! :awesome:

tumblr_m6qzw55IkR1qe0ig6o2_500.gif

Haha, damn i forgot about that! :D good to see BaleBats being BaleBats!

Damn....No knee cartilage...Scar Tissue on kidness...concussive brain injuries...

Who wanted Bruce to do this forever again?

Yep, seeing your parents shot infront of you as a child will do that.

Christian Bale is officially the first Batman since Michael Keaton to get some onscreen nookie.

^ no he didnt.

he was about to when she dumped Batman for Bruce Wayne

We can now settle the very important issue on whether Nolan's Bruce Wayne will die a virgin or not. :o

MlSJf.jpg

ETA: slightly better quality of the pic

tumblr_m70mg40UGT1qae7ag.jpg

Last edited:
If you ask me, something happened between him and the russian ballerina, but yes that particular issue is settled, lol.

^ no he didnt.

he was about to when she dumped Batman for Bruce Wayne
I thought you were just talking about how he kisses Selina, seeing as how that was what everybody was talking about.

Nope, I'm talkin bout that pic Kvz5 just posted.

Though you do make a good point...Bale's the first one since kilmer to actually have some good smooching scenes, lol

We can now settle the very important issue on whether Nolan's Bruce Wayne will die a virgin or not. :o

MlSJf.jpg

ETA: slightly better quality of the pic

tumblr_m70mg40UGT1qae7ag.jpg

:wow::wow::wow::wow:

I think Bruce wants seconds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"