The Dark Knight Rises Clearing up the ending of TDKR (MUST READ)

Hahaha, that would be epic. I think I'd ink myself.

I'm not convinced about the pearls, I dunno where people get this idea from. Alfred described the whereabouts of the patio. Bruce would just have to keep a close watch on when he was going there, and with the help of selina kyle, could easily know when he was going there. It was really nice closure to alfred's storyline. That everything alfred wanted happened.

I didn't realize about the bat signal, but I quite like it. As for Blake not having the training, it's really left ambiguous what happens next, I quite like it. It's the end to Bruce Waynes story, not John Blakes. I like how its opened ended even if it frustrates me, it frustrates me in a good way.

I'd like to believe Bruce would also set up some sort of training for him to do, prior too. I mean just leaving the coordinates? There would definitely some sort of regimen that I imagine Blake would follow to a point. Showing why he'd only be a "robin" and not a "Batman". I dont expect Blake to be as good as batman, I'd expect him to be as good as robin.

Calm down now:woot: That would be epic, but never will happen in this series of films. Although, I'm sure every fanboy would s**t their pants if Superman had shown up and saved batman and then said am I too late lol.

It would have been epic if the Bat came back without the bomb and Gordon, Selina, Blake are all like wtf? And Batman says his buddy took it from him - cut to Superman in outer space with the bomb. He waves and smiles as he hovers past earth and the sun. The bomb explodes and as the flames engulf us we see the letters JL in the midst of the flames. Screen goes black and says "Coming Soon"

THE END. :woot:

Last edited:
Personally I don't buy the whole Alfred tracking the pearls thing. The only reason the tracking device in the pearls was mentioned was so that Bruce could track down Selina Kyle and confront her. If you actually believe that Alfred had to track the pearls to find Bruce in Italy in the end, you then would have to believe that Alfred's tears at the graveside were not real and legitimate. And honestly, that is really disrespectful since Alfred's 'apology' to Martha and Thomas there was geniunely heartfelt and one of the few if not the only real emotional points of the whole film.

That said, I don't think the end of this movie was confusing at all. It was pretty clear and straight forward, though bad IMHO.

Ok. If it was a lucid dream, why was Bruce with Selina? Alfred never saw Bruce and Selina together....

Well Afred did see Bruce go through all the trouble to find Selina's true identity.
Bruce was a hermit, cripple shut in for almost 8 years. Alfred has seen Bruce full of grief and without interest in anything for 8 years. Then all of a sudden Bruce is trying to find this girl.

Also, Alfred's first flashback to his dream happens while he was talking to Bruce in the batcave- while there was a giant picture of Selina's face on that bigass TV screen.

I think the ending was a lucid dream because Alfred is getting closure. Batman died saving Gotham City. I think that's the way the trilogy should end.

The only thing about the auto pilot thing that bothered me is that there is a shot of Batman (seemingly) sitting in the cockpit of The Bat when it was clearly over the water. Even if he did eject he still would have been near the six mile blast radius.

Like most of you, I never bought Bruce passing the mantle to Blake.

And I'm sure this was already mentioned, but I loved how the orphans moved into Wayne Manor. Gave me that Sons of Batman vibe.

It would have been epic if the Bat came back without the bomb and Gordon, Selina, Blake are all like wtf? And Batman says his buddy took it from him - cut to Superman in outer space with the bomb. He waves and smiles as he hovers past earth and the sun. The bomb explodes and as the flames engulf us we see the letters JL in the midst of the flames. Screen goes black and says "Coming Soon"

THE END. :woot:

LOL Yeah, I would have had these very emotions had any of that or anything have to do with Superman happened: :wow::huh::yay::csad::cmad::doh:

Oh and what if.....

The beginning of the Man of Steel movie showed Superman swooping in and saving Batman from the nuclear bomb?

Well, that's the only way I would believe the ending since there was less than a minute left on the device when we last saw him in the cockpit of the Bat. Superman swooping in and removing him would be the only way he would have been able to clear a 6 mile blast area in less than a minute.

Just another one of the many inconsistencies in the film's storyline.

Nolan used to be so good at relatively realistic details allowing the audience to believe what was happening on the screen could actually happen off the screen.

I saw the movie twice and I caught on the first time that Alfred said while Bruce was gone from Gotham for 7 years, he would take a holiday every few months or so and go to that place in italy which we saw him at in the end and when he talked to Bruce in the cave. He said when he went there he would have a fantasy of seeing Bruce there happy. I'm guessing when he saw Bruce at the end, he was actually just taking some time off and Bruce went there after remembering Alfred's story to reassure him he's fine and happy. That's what I got out of it and glad Bruce got his happiness in the end :)

And definitely like how the ending totally let you come up with whatever you wanted to. It felt open ended, you can either have Blake be Robin or take on the mantle of Batman. It could please all fans and it certainly did for me. I will admit though, i was kind of hoping to see Bruce in that cave with Blake. Just used to seeing Batman in the final shot of Nolan's films

Yeah I don't think Alfred used the pearl's tracking device. I think it's just Bruce going to that cafe that he knew Alfred would most likely visit to let him know that he's alive and happy.

I'm fine with everything that happened in the ending although I would've preferred if the last shot was one of the following: cafe scene, Gordon finding the Batsymbol, or the Batman statue. Bruce/Batman or Gordon is the last image I wanted to cap the trilogy.

Perhaps Bats ejected and flew away from the blast radius ala tumbler>>batpod?

I like to beleive that Bruce IS STILL the Batman. John Blake is Robin. Or Nightwing. NOT the new BAtman. Why would they need a new Batman if the old one isn't dead yet. Also you think Bruce and Selina are gonna live happily ever after in Italy? Hell no. THey're just on vacation. Oh boy and what a vacation that must be. Man I'd be hitting that sexy catwoman ass every night that's for sure.

However I personally didn't like that several things were left unadressed. The most blatant one was (and I couldn't beleive they actually missed this) but what happened to Lucius Fox? Did he drown? Did he survive? Who's in charge of Wayne enterprises if Fox dies? Also what about Gordan? His wife and kids still left him and having Gotham nearly blown to hell was certainly not any incentive for them to come back. I dont think. Anybody clear that up for me?

Fox is alive... He was talking to the technicians about The Bat's autopilot.

Well, that's the only way I would believe the ending since there was less than a minute left on the device when we last saw him in the cockpit of the Bat. Superman swooping in and removing him would be the only way he would have been able to clear a 6 mile blast area in less than a minute.

Just another one of the many inconsistencies in the film's storyline.

Nolan used to be so good at relatively realistic details allowing the audience to believe what was happening on the screen could actually happen off the screen.

No Bruce could have simply jumped out of The Bat when it passed under the bridge. That was clearly enough distance for him to clear the blast. Or did they show him in the cockpit after that? I cant remember.

Fox is alive... He was talking to the technicians about The Bat's autopilot.

:doh: duh. Sorry. Still wasn't addressed how he got out. I thought for sure he was killed. I had completely forgot he was talking in the end.

Fantastic ending. Loved everything about it.

Would love to hear JGL's Batman voice. XD

Can someone tell me the meaning why Bruce wanted 'Bruce Wayne' to die? I understand the Batman aspect, but I'm struggling with the perfect and justifiable reason for his true identity to be removed from him.

Fantastic ending. Loved everything about it.

Would love to hear JGL's Batman voice. XD

Hopefully it doesn't sound like his Dr./Cobra Commander voice:old razz:

I think batman sailed down to the water and used some snorkel device and was under the water during the blast. There problem solved.

Can someone tell me the meaning why Bruce wanted 'Bruce Wayne' to die? I understand the Batman aspect, but I'm struggling with the perfect and justifiable reason for his true identity to be removed from him.

He wanted to live a life far away from all the "pain and tragedy" in Gotham. A life with Selina. ;)

He... climbed up the ladder.

I saw him climbing the ladder then I saw him stalling there and just holding on for dear life. They don't show him exit the room. I thought for sure we had just said goodbye to our good freind Mr. Fox. Cuz he just sort of stops climbing and then you see the rush of water coming towards him. But obviously he lives tho. I just forgot about the scene in the end when he's talking about the autopilot.

The entire point of this trilogy was that Batman was immortal. Blake CAN NOT get a different suit and call himself Nightwing because...well...that makes him a man, and men can be killed. The entire idea was to become something more than just a man in the eyes of criminals.

And the ending of this movie was INCREDIBLY straightforward and easy to follow. I am stunned that people are having confusion about this. How did Batman get out of the Bat??? Um...it's BATMAN...why are you questioning how he was able to eject from a plane...especially when even his car had a freaking mini-vehicle that could be driven around?

Yeah I sort of didn't get that either. Why have Bruce Wayne die? I understand Batman dying but he didn't have to have Bruce Wayne die in order to steal away with Selina. He could have done that with his Bruce Wayne identity just fine. I that was just a case of Nolan really trying to nail in the "Batman is actually dead" idea. But just to have it reversed a couple scenes later? Didn't make sense to me.

Hopefully it doesn't sound like his Dr./Cobra Commander voice:old razz:

Haha, yeah.

I saw him climbing the ladder then I saw him stalling there and just holding on for dear life. They don't show him exit the room. I thought for sure we had just said goodbye to our good freind Mr. Fox. Cuz he just sort of stops climbing and then you see the rush of water coming towards him. But obviously he lives tho. I just forgot about the scene in the end when he's talking about the autopilot.

Nope, they showed him climb all the way up after that little stall thing.

The entire point of this trilogy was that Batman was immortal. Blake CAN NOT get a different suit and call himself Nightwing because...well...that makes him a man, and men can be killed. The entire idea was to become something more than just a man in the eyes of criminals.

And the ending of this movie was INCREDIBLY straightforward and easy to follow. I am stunned that people are having confusion about this. How did Batman get out of the Bat??? Um...it's BATMAN...why are you questioning how he was able to eject from a plane...especially when even his car had a freaking mini-vehicle that could be driven around?

No dude. Calm down. Its perfectly legitemate to question things that weren't addressed in the movie. Because maybe you can say "Um...it's BATMAN..." but not everyone else will. I personally just thought he ejected when it passed under bridge (this was of course later when the autopilot thing was revealed tho so I don't remember if we saw him in the cockpit after that).

The lucid dream theory seems ridiculous. Wayne went to the cafe because he knew Alfred would see him there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"