The Dark Knight Rises Clearing up the ending of TDKR (MUST READ)

Really? Well I'll be watching it again tomorrow so I'll get back to you on that.

Yeah he hooks the rungs with his elbow until the torrent passes - then we see him keep climbing

Batman used an escape submarine pod that detached from the bat.

He's batman and you guys are questioning how he survived? Ha, who are the true batman fans now and who are the doubters.

He wanted to live a life far away from all the "pain and tragedy" in Gotham. A life with Selina. ;)

I definitely understood that from the very beginning...just how Alfred said that he never wanted Bruce to come back to Gotham because all it brings is pain and tragedy for him...and I would understand that Bruce himself feels the same way...it's just that why can't he live his life away with Selina as Bruce Wayne?

Part of me thinks Batman and Bruce Wayne, two different personas but the same man. And that man was the man who was born right after he witnessed his parents die...who grew up with the pain and anger, and that instilled monstrous emotion eventually led to Batman - to become the incorruptible and everlasting symbol Gotham needed and the catalyst for change to inspire people to act...to the point when Gotham no longer needs the physical caped crusader..but just the symbol. And of course he successfully did just that by his dramatic final act as Batman saving the city.

So he permanently removed Batman from himself..mission complete, time to start a new life he deserved. Is it that shedding Bruce Wayne is a way of removing the false but famous identity (that was never really him in the first place) he put on since his parents death as the selfish billionaire playboy, as well as completely and permanently removing the identity that was forever the man that was Batman? Like it was his only choice to fully pull away and remove any such connection to the creation that made him sort of a prisoner...in a way.

Do I make sense? Hahaha. That was my logic...but somewhere deep inside there's an inkling that there's something more to why "BW" had to die. If i'm just being paranoid..then that's my fault..haha. I'm putting too much burden onto my self. Hahahahaha

Last edited:
Batman used an escape submarine pod that detached from the bat.

He's batman and you guys are questioning how he survived? Ha, who are the true batman fans now and who are the doubters.

You don't have to agree with everything all the time in order to be a "true" Batman fan. I've loved Batman all my life, and always will yet I'm always gonna want movies and stories to follow the logic established within its rules.

That said I'm still convinced that he simply ejected under the bridge. But I still question other things tho.

You don't have to agree with everything all the time in order to be a "true" Batman fan. I've loved Batman all my life, and always will yet I'm always gonna want movies and stories to follow the logic established within its rules.

That said I'm still convinced that he simply ejected under the bridge. But I still question other things tho.

What's the logic here though. A story about a caped crusader, he is a genius when it comes to detective work, disguise, and fooling bad guys by using theatrics and weaponry funded by his billionaire empire is breaking rules by allowing that same superhero that has saved the city 3 time from unbelievable acts of terrorism to escape the explosion of a nuclear bomb blast?

No this movie does not break its rules or question the logic it has created it reaffirms it.

I must've missed the pearl necklace part I just assumed Alfred was taking his annual trips to Italy and he looked up and happened to notice Bruce at the other table.

As for Blake taking over as Batman I'd like to think that he'll keep the city safe for awhile but Bruce Wayne will always be there whenever Gotham really needs him.

What's the logic here though. A story about a caped crusader, he is a genius when it comes to detective work, disguise, and fooling bad guys by using theatrics and weaponry funded by his billionaire empire is breaking rules by allowing that same superhero that has saved the city 3 time from unbelievable acts of terrorism to escape the explosion of a nuclear bomb blast?

No this movie does not break its rules or question the logic it has created it reaffirms it.
r
You must have missed the part where I said don't question, how Batman escaped the blast. I have.questioned other things. My point was just cuz I'm a Batman fan, that doesn't mean I cant question anything about the movie.

You can also assume that Bruce frequented that Cafe with the hopes that he'd one day run into Alfred knowing that it was the Cafe that Alfred said he often fantasized seeing Bruce in one day, happy.

-R

its not that hard to just imagine that bruce left the bat, and let the auto pilot go in the middle of the ocean.

i think he wanted to pretend batman died, so that people would band together with the "sacrfice" the batman did for them. the same the people did for harvey, but it caused a very flawed dent act. so maybe after all the hell gotham went through the whole time (and people realized how messed up dent act was), it would be a purer form of sacrfice and a TRUE hero. and hopefully he can leave gotham to do it right this time.

i'm sure also bruce wanted batman to die for himself. he was ready to move on. and hey, i wouldn't be so sad without all the money and the fame and the cars, if i can just go away and start a new life with anne hathaway.

what is MORE mind boggling for me is, how the heck he was able to get back in gotham after the prison scene. if the american military can't even infiltrate gotham, how did he? with no gear! lol..

So now that the terrible Lie of the Dent act has been uncovered. Bruce concocted another lie that Bruce/Batman was dead to build some more peace on. I think its only a matter of time til this new lie is uncovered and Batman is needed again. Sooner or later Bruce needs to realize that Lying to the people he's trying to protect is NOT the way to go... What kind of message does that send to little kids?

So now that the terrible Lie of the Dent act has been uncovered. Bruce concocted another lie that Bruce/Batman was dead to build some more peace on. I think its only a matter of time til this new lie is uncovered and Batman is needed again. Sooner or later Bruce needs to realize that Lying to the people he's trying to protect is NOT the way to go... What kind of message does that send to little kids?

Not sure if serious...but Bruce lied this time for himself not others.

Blake will find Bruce's memoirs on the Bat-comp of where he trained, who the vital people were, what Ra's taught him. Blake won't need to spend 7 years seeking round the world for the best teachers, he can cherry pick the best ones from Bruce's notes. Plus Blake is already a tough city Cop whereas Bruce was a comfortable (in wealth in not in brain) rich man when he started his 7 year training.

With Bruce still being alive, I don't see how he could now just disappear with Selina for the rest of his life. At some point, I think someone would recognize him due to him being so famous, thus ending his little ruse. Plus, I can't see him sitting on a beach forever either. I'd think he'd return to Gotham similar to how he did in BB, but with much different intentions and goals in mind.

"The world is too small for someone like Bruce Wayne to disappear, no matter how many continental cafes he chooses to drink in." :o

Blake will find Bruce's memoirs on the Bat-comp of where he trained, who the vital people were, what Ra's taught him. Blake won't need to spend 7 years seeking round the world for the best teachers, he can cherry pick the best ones from Bruce's notes. Plus Blake is already a tough city Cop whereas Bruce was a comfortable (in wealth in not in brain) rich man when he started his 7 year training.

As Ra's said: "Training is nothing. Will is everything. The Will to Act." Even if Blake never comes to the physicality of Batman, the fact that he could still dress up as him once in a while is enough.

How does this lie hurt anyone? If someone like Batman is needed in the city again then [BLACKOUT]Blake is there to take up the mantle[/BLACKOUT]. Also we are left to imagine that he might comeback someday when he's really needed.

[BLACKOUT]
No John Blake in the Batcave and have Bruce Wayne smiling at Alfred be the last shot.
[/BLACKOUT]
There. Cleaned up. :)

"The world is too small for someone like Bruce Wayne to disappear, no matter how many continental cafes he chooses to drink in." :o

" You're, uh, you're Bruce Wayne, the Prince of Gotham; you'd have to go a thousand miles to meet someone who didn't know your name.":o

I think he did.

" You're, uh, you're Bruce Wayne, the Prince of Gotham; you'd have to go a thousand miles to meet someone who didn't know your name.":o

I think he did.
He had to go to the middle of nowhere to disappear in BB, but here he was in Italy in a crowded cafe at the end of TDKR after faking his own death. If he truly wanted to escape, he'd go to some island or even the backwater areas from BB. That to me shows he'd eventually show up alive again as Bruce Wayne and not live his life under an assumed alias.

How is this thread still alive? The totum FELL! Okay?

I would have preferred if the ending was a bit more ambiguous. It would have been more in Nolan's style if - the shot when Alfred looks up up and stares at the audience (he's noticed Bruce but we haven't seen Bruce yet) we see him smirk,or slautes, or gives us one of thse devilish Alfred grins, and then it cuts to black, as opposed to them showing us Bruce.

I would despise this if this is what happened.

No ****ing ambiguous ****. We have a definitive ending...

But people still seem to think this ending isn't as straightforward as it seems, so.... -_-

Yea..People think this is Inception 2.0

Why would Alfred imagine Selina Kyle there with Bruce and not Miranda...if it was his imagination? The only woman that Alfred knew involved with Bruce was Miranda,  not Selina Kyle. It makes no sense to assume it was an imagination with Selina Kyle there. Bruce was alive!

:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"