Confession is good for the Hype. - - - - - - Part 15

I’m sorry to hear that Captain Tired. At least her pain is over.

Aw, my condolences. I don't know you but I've been where you are now. I do believe in God and I'm sure you will see each other again. :)
Thank you both. It does actually mean a lot to hear this. :heart: You're good people.

My beautiful mother died earlier today. I hope there's a God and that she's still somewhere out there in the universe in some sense.

I'm sorry to hear that. I lost my dad a few years ago. It's never easy when you lose one of your parents. :csad:

My beautiful mother died earlier today. I hope there's a God and that she's still somewhere out there in the universe in some sense.
I’m so sorry. I know how hard this is. Death sucks. I am so sorry for the pain of your loss.

I confess I didn't know my S10 came with a screen protector and peeled it off.

Sorry to hear that. My mom passed a year ago last October, I stayed with her virtually full time for the last 3 years of her life and a lot before that after my stepfather died. I was holding her hand at her side, with the poodles curled up at her feet, when she passed. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her. What I have to hold on to is that I was there for her when she needed me and she appreciated it.

It's rough and I don't think you ever really get over the feelings of loss. I just hang on to the love I feel as consolation and the rest will just have to take care of itself.

My heart goes out to you. I think the pain will lessen, but 20 (or whatever) years from now, some thoughts will still bring a tear, or so, to your eyes.

Take care.

Bi guy. Wondering if I was going to propose to a girlfriend this year, instead of my amazing boyfriend, if I would still be nervous about telling my parents that I’m going to do so.

Despite being out, I hate that part of my fear still is how people will react to me liking guys. How will my family respond to me marrying a guy? Will homophobes be around when I pop the question and will they try to ruin the moment?

I’m just hoping everything this year works out well. At 36, I’m finally ready to take a leap into adulthood.

(The only part that I’m not worried about is what he’ll say, since we’ve talked about getting married eventually for a while now)

Bi guy. Wondering if I was going to propose to a girlfriend this year, instead of my amazing boyfriend, if I would still be nervous about telling my parents that I’m going to do so.

Despite being out, I hate that part of my fear still is how people will react to me liking guys. How will my family respond to me marrying a guy? Will homophobes be around when I pop the question and will they try to ruin the moment?

I’m just hoping everything this year works out well. At 36, I’m finally ready to take a leap into adulthood.

(The only part that I’m not worried about is what he’ll say, since we’ve talked about getting married eventually for a while now)

I hope everything goes splendidly well for you! Everyone deserves happiness and acceptance. What you're saying rings very true to me as well, I'm bi (or pan, I guess) and while my family is supportive, I know for a fact some of them would highly prefer if I ended up with a woman. It is what it is. But try not to worry too much! This is all about you and your boyfriend, it's a huge life event and a great cause for celebration. Your family should be able to see that and if they don't, that's very much their loss.

I hope everything goes splendidly well for you! Everyone deserves happiness and acceptance. What you're saying rings very true to me as well, I'm bi (or pan, I guess) and while my family is supportive, I know for a fact some of them would highly prefer if I ended up with a woman. It is what it is. But try not to worry too much! This is all about you and your boyfriend, it's a huge life event and a great cause for celebration. Your family should be able to see that and if they don't, that's very much their loss.
I feel the same way. I'd rather see my kid happy in a healthy relationship than unhappy in a fake one just to please someone else.

The good news: after being on leave from work for a month and a half, I have a new job. It’s a big pay raise and will hopefully be less stressful. I start Friday.

The bad news: I think my ex-wife stole thousands of dollars worth of bonds from me before I moved out. They were in my safe when we were living together and now they’re gone. I looked them up in the government website and there is no record of them. It’s not a huge deal, it wasn’t an enormous sum of money. In a way it’s satisfying, since she always acted so pious. The more I learn about our time together, the more I learn how untrue that is.

congrats on the new job and the raise! what will you be doing?

Stocking shelves overnight. It’s not exciting but neither am I. There will probably only be two or three other people working so it’s a good thing I don’t mind being alone.

Stocking shelves overnight. It’s not exciting but neither am I. There will probably only be two or three other people working so it’s a good thing I don’t mind being alone.

it's solid work :up:
i've been in the grocery business for 20+ years now. it's a great stepping stone to something more if you want, or it's a great way to make decent money, something a little active, and not have to deal with too many people.

I’m on the fence. Grocery work pays better than a lot of white collar jobs. I always considered myself white collar but I’ve never had much success in those kinds of fields.

I’m on the fence. Grocery work pays better than a lot of white collar jobs. I always considered myself white collar but I’ve never had much success in those kinds of fields.
We're all built a little differently and it always seemed the best to me to do things that you are comfortable with. They often lead to unexpected tangents. Good luck with the new job and I hope it suits you.

The older I get, as a silver spoon brat, the more I realize just how out of touch I am financially with most people.

This comes partly in the form of not understanding at all what people’s hang-ups are with financial incentives (I just know that hearing complaining about it sounds like scratching on a chalkboard to me).

Whether that’s people who pay for the standard streaming service having to deal with commercials while those who pay more for the higher service don’t OR people complaining that those who pay for the DLC get more of the game than they do.

To me, one simply gets what they pay for and financial incentives are to boost a company’s profits (which business wise is common sense).

Basically due to my experiences it sounds at best like not understanding businesses are meant to earn a profit and at worse as envy. It’s just annoying to listen to and a massive disconnect. Largely stemming from economic class differences.

Last edited:
The older I get, as a silver spoon brat, the more I realize just how out of touch I am financially with most people.

This comes partly in the form of not understanding at all what people’s hang-ups are with financial incentives (I just know that hearing complaining about it sounds like scratching on a chalkboard to me).

Whether that’s people who pay for the standard streaming service having to deal with commercials while those who pay more for the higher service don’t OR people complaining that those who pay for the DLC get more of the game than they do.

To me, one simply gets what they pay for and financial incentives are to boost a company’s profits (which business wise is common sense).

Basically due to my experiences it sounds at best like not understanding businesses are meant to earn a profit and at worse as envy. It’s just annoying to listen to and a massive disconnect. Largely stemming from economic class differences.
I’m not sure I’m following. Is this a confession or are you complaining about people’s whining (which I can totally understand, as I get frustrated with people often)?

I find it's best to tell people to save money not to suck it up and spend more because you don't know people's financial situation. I also try not to overshare on things I do, purchase or experience, mostly cause I'm somewhat private but also, I don't want to feel I'm bragging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"