DC Universe Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting real eager to play this game. I love games with massive customization possibilities, they're my absolute favorite. I have so many ideas for heroes and vigilantes. I think the first character I'd like to make is one like Deathstroke, but on the good side.

I got a question though, what is the game play like aside from the general hack n slash. I assume being an MMO no one can just upright beat you down, there has to be a mutual agreement for both players to interact? Is it possible to do anything solo?
You can solo all the PVE parts with no real problem.
So it isn't free to play this week?
Nope.

I'm getting real eager to play this game. I love games with massive customization possibilities, they're my absolute favorite. I have so many ideas for heroes and vigilantes. I think the first character I'd like to make is one like Deathstroke, but on the good side.

I got a question though, what is the game play like aside from the general hack n slash. I assume being an MMO no one can just upright beat you down, there has to be a mutual agreement for both players to interact? Is it possible to do anything solo?

Ehh... I wouldn't call DCUO "massive" as far as customization goes. Customization is one of the biggest complaints I have. I don't play MMOs so I don't know how deep their customization is, but I have downloaded City of Heros recently to check it out, and it's not nearly as customizable. Granted, it looks 100x better than COH.

As for game play, you have a few options. Player versus environment you can play the story mode and not have to worry about being attacked. Player versus player, you can play the story mode, but if a different faction sees you they can attack you, and you them. It's actually encouraged. They have missions that give you points for it. Recently they added duels where someone from your own faction can challenge you to a one on one, completely voluntary, though. Then you have legends and arena matches where anywhere between groups of 2 to 8 players can fight in king of the hill or capture the flag matches.

So it isn't free to play this week?

No, but the update they just did is preparing for free to play.

Well, I've seen some customization videos and from what I've seen, it's big enough for me. I saw a lot of cool masks and helmets.

It's a shame you can't equip more than one weapon. How exactly do you fight people if your only weapon is a rifle?

Every weapon has a ranged a melee attack. But some weapons are better at ranged, and others at melee.

Every weapon has a ranged a melee attack. But some weapons are better at ranged, and others at melee.

I take it the assault rifle's melee attack would be using it as a bat?

You can solo all the PVE parts with no real problem.

Not all.

You can solo your character to 30. However all of the end game PVE is group content. whether it be duos or hard alerts or raids.

Not all.

You can solo your character to 30. However all of the end game PVE is group content. whether it be duos or hard alerts or raids.

Oh? Once I hit lvl 30 the game was over for me. All the "end game" content doesn't interest me that much.

Oh? Once I hit lvl 30 the game was over for me. All the "end game" content doesn't interest me that much.

the end game stuff is fun to do a couple times...but after that it gets pretty boring.

So...whats this about soloing until level 30?

So...whats this about soloing until level 30?

The only sections of the game that need to be done with other people are the Alerts, Raids, and Duos. All the other missions (the bulk of the game) can be done solo.

The only sections of the game that need to be done with other people are the Alerts, Raids, and Duos. All the other missions (the bulk of the game) can be done solo.

Alrighty good to hear. So there's a lot of content to do alone then?

You hit people with the butt of the rifle.

Yeah that's lame. I think I'll just make multiple versions of the same character.

One with duel pistols
One with swords
One with a rifle

Ehh... I wouldn't call DCUO "massive" as far as customization goes. Customization is one of the biggest complaints I have. I don't play MMOs so I don't know how deep their customization is, but I have downloaded City of Heros recently to check it out, and it's not nearly as customizable. Granted, it looks 100x better than COH.

well to be fair you are comparing it to the best customizable game in the MMO genre

I've been reinstalling the game for 9 hours now. Not even 50% done. :csad:

so....its the end of the month...is it free 2 play? Any updates/news?

There is a webcast on Thursday that may provide more answers.

What was this recent update? I had turned off payment to the game about 2 wks ago. Now I can't log in until I select a payment method. No f2p yet. Also my last pay cycle should have covered me for this whole month. So I should be able to log. What's the deal.

Yeah that's lame. I think I'll just make multiple versions of the same character.

One with duel pistols
One with swords
One with a rifle

Actually, after a certain level, you can put point in another weapon tree. But you can't just switch weapons, you have to go into inventory and equip the weapon.

What was this recent update? I had turned off payment to the game about 2 wks ago. Now I can't log in until I select a payment method. No f2p yet. Also my last pay cycle should have covered me for this whole month. So I should be able to log. What's the deal.

So far the changes I noticed are in your inventory it now says your name and what kind of hero you are. Also they created a Halloween type mission with Scarecrow which is for 4 players. It's the same sewer mission just harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"