DC Universe Online

Well I am getting more into this now.

Trying to focus on a Magic Healer so I can learn the ropes of Healing. So far I suck pretty bad at it lol.

Two articles from the same place

The Stream Team: DC Universe Online celebrates six years

January 12, 2017 Leave a comment

[YT]4KrNZHysJI4[/YT]
Six years. For six years Massively OP's MJ has been able to don her Spandex and cape and help rid the streets of Gotham and Metropolis of crime. DCUO lets her enter the familiar world with iconic characters and have a blast. And what better time to jump in again than during the birthday bash? Join us live at 8:00 p.m. to help celebrate the game's sixth anniversary. What: DC Universe Online
Who: MJ Guthrie
When: 8:00 p.m. EST on Thursday, January 12th, 2017
Read more

Also with
DC Universe Online offers a free skip for players to CR 100

January 13, 2017 20 Comments

The DC Universe Online anniversary celebration is happening now, and as part of the celebration, you don't need to play DC Universe Online. Not all of it, anyhow. During the anniversary, players can log in to the game and pick a character to get advanced to CR 100, ready to jump in to tier 5 and 6 content, at absolutely no charge whatsoever.

And that's just for free players; paying members can advance two characters to CR 100 right out of the gate.

You can, of course, pick one of your existing characters to bump up to CR 100 from the character select screen. You can also create a new character and skip straight to CR 100 following the character creation process.

Of course, it's worth noting that once the free episode event ends, those CR 100 characters will pretty much require content that's only available via membership or separate purchase... but hey, no matter how you slice it, you get a free enormous upgrade. That's pretty cool. Check out MJ's latest look through the anniversary event just below!
Read more

source: Massivelyop.com/

DC Universe Online releases new powers for stat revamp testing

January 16, 2017 Leave a comment

A lot of testing needs to go into DC Universe Online's stat revamp to make sure that all of the game's powers and such actually work with the new stat balance. The alternative would be kind of embarrassing. Three new sets have been added to the game's test servers for players to double-check; you can log in to the test realm and see how Atomic, Gadgets, and Sorcery will work under the revised stats. Or just how much you like playing them at level 30, since all new characters will start at level 30 for testing purposes.

Players are asked to focus on endgame content to give a clear picture of how well the new sets are performing, whether or not they're fun to play, and so forth. There are also vendors to get your characters equipped in a jiffy, so don't worry about catching up; just make a new character with one of the power sets being tested and go to town. If you're a dedicated fan of the game, it's a good time to get in there and make sure that the revamped sets feel fun to play for the future.
Read more

Via: Massivelyop.com/
source: Official Site

Jack Emmert is answering DCUO questions on Twitch right now

January 18, 2017 15 Comments

Daybreak has not had the best couple of weeks. No, wait, let me start over. Daybreak has not had the best couple of years. But some of Daybreak's MMORPGs appear to be doing just fine. Want to hear from one of them?

I'm talking about DC Universe Online, of course, and today, Daybreak Austin Studio CEO Jack Emmert -- yep, that Jack Emmert -- is hopping on Twitch to answer player questions and hopefully instill some confidence.

"We won't be announcing new initiatives or release dates," Senior Community Manager Mepps warns, "so come with your questions, feedback, and thoughts about the game as it is now and about our ongoing projects."

You can also post your questions or see what's already been asked on the official forums. The stream begins at 3 p.m. EST today, which is right as this article is going live; watch it with us down below.
Read more

DC Universe Online is adding a discount for further vendor sets

January 23, 2017 7 Comments

Earning a full set of the best possible gear you can wear is a good thing in any game. It takes a lot of time and effort, and DC Universe Online isn't backing off from that. The problem is that players who have already done that might very well need to do so again, either for secondary characters or another specialization on the same character.

That's historically required the same amount of effort as the very first set, which can turn players off. It's a problem that the developers are aiming to fix with the upcoming vendor discount system.

Under the new system, players who have purchased all of the vendor set or the elite vendor set will receive an achievement which halves the price on any subsequent sets purchased, including on alts. Purchasing the full elite set then means that any other sets you buy on the same character or another character will cost half as much, so all of your specs and characters can come out to play. It's a quality of life improvement that you can test as part of Game Update 67, currently on the game's test server.
Read more

source: Vendor Discounts, Test Server

DC Universe Online patches in vendor discounts and its Valentine's event

February 1, 2017 Leave a comment

Love is in the air in DC Universe Online with the game's latest patch, which is happening today.

It might be happening right now as you read this, with the game's servers going down at 8:30 a.m. EST and downtime expected for up to eight hours. But when the servers come back up, you can spread the love...

to your alts, who you presumably love. The game's vendor discount is going live with this update, you see, so it's going to cost you less to equip your alts in vendor sets. If you'd prefer a more conventional celebration of affection, you can take part in the game's Valentine's Day event with the arrival of the Star Sapphires, who may have wound up giving Mr. Freeze an opportunity to put the entirety of Gotham City in danger for the sake of his wife.

Yeah, that plan didn't work out so great. There's new stuff available on the holiday event vendor for players who take part in the event, so enjoy a new daily race, seasonal missions, and possibly scolding the heck out of the aforementioned Star Sapphires.Read more

source: Maintenance, Patch Notes

DC Universe Online adjusts abilities to have a little more impact

February 3, 2017 8 comments

The stat revamp for DC Universe Online is an ongoing process with a lot of moving parts, and that means that none of those parts are finished moving until all is said and done. The most recent adjustment to the revamp is only about three changes, but those three changes ripple outward to have a big impact. Tank pulls have their cooldowns lowered, some heals have increased potency, and weapon buffs have increased duration. That's it.

It sounds small, but all three have big implications for actual gameplay. More potent heals make the healing process less focused on spamming one ability and more focused upon landing something with impact, while faster tank cooldowns make it easier to pull things and move faster without fear of losing control. The weapon buffs also synergize better with other ability and help ensure that weapon-based playstyles will still work.

These changes are on the test server now, so you can see how they shake out for yourself if you're so inclined.Read more

[FONT=&quot]
DC Universe Online

17 hrs ·

Flash Appreciation Weekend continues! MEMBERS! Make sure you log in this weekend to get your FREE Flash Cowl! http://ow.ly/Vx1j308TofS

Also with

DC Universe Online celebrates the Flash in a flash weekend event

February 11, 2017 One comment

He's the fastest man alive, and so it only makes sense that DC Universe Online would have an appreciation weekend for the Flash that shows up in the blink of an eye. The Flash Appreciation Weekend is running right now, and it ends on February 12th; you'd better act fast, or you'll miss it. Fortunately, there's not much you need to do, as just logging in will award Members with the Flash cowl costume piece. Not a member? That's all right; becoming one this weekend will also award you the costume piece.

You can also earn the Flash base pack just for logging in regardless of whether or not you're a member, and everyone can take part in the Flash Selfie Sweepstakes. Take a selfie of your character with any version of the Flash, upload it to Twitter, and maybe you'll win some cash for the game. Just make sure to hurry it up; you don't have that much time.Read more

Via:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]DC Universe Online [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]face bookhttps://www.facebook.com/DCUniverseOnline/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf & Massivelyop.com/
source: Official Site. Thanks, Noel!

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

As much as I love DC,
I wasn't able to get into this.

It's just not my style of game.

DC Universe Online tests survival mode and St. Patty's Day

February 20, 2017 2 comments

Do you lack a Fortress of Solitude? Well, Superman does now too because Braniac has moved in and is causing no end of trouble.

Right now on the DC Universe Online test server, players can engage in a new survival mode that takes place in Supes' arctic retreat. If players are tough enough, they can queue up to fight 20 waves of increasingly powerful foes in the hopes of gaining pants. Seriously, you can get Kryptonian pants from this, and if you've ever seen superhero attire, you'd know that pants are at a premium in this community.

Also on the test server is this year's St. Patty's Day event starring the always-fun-to-spell Mister Mxyzptlk. "For 2017, Mister Mxyzptlk has new base and style items, as well as a speaker that plays tunes that will make you want to dance. This year he's also brought a House Leprechaun that grants 'The Runaround' task, where if you collect all the coins you are awarded a special Green Prize Satchel!" Daybreak previewed.
Don't forget that the FLASH freebies end today!Read more

source: Patch notes

I haven't played this since hard light was introduced, but got an urge to pop in again. A lot's changed though, and it's a little hard to get back into it. Another problem is the server went down for maintenance while my 1 time free gear to CR 100 upgrade was loading. My gear didn't upgrade, and it wanted to charge me when I tried it again after servers came back up. I ended up doing crap damage while everyone else in my group was above CR 100.

I haven't played this since hard light was introduced, but got an urge to pop in again. A lot's changed though, and it's a little hard to get back into it. Another problem is the server went down for maintenance while my 1 time free gear to CR 100 upgrade was loading. My gear didn't upgrade, and it wanted to charge me when I tried it again after servers came back up. I ended up doing crap damage while everyone else in my group was above CR 100.
I'm sorry to hear that happened to you . :(

Thanks, but it's np. Just means I'll have to grind up the natural way is all.

DC Universe Online makes Weapon Combos more potent over time

February 27, 2017 One comment

Weapon combos are the main source of damage for players who focus on weapons in DC Universe Online. This is not a complex or unusual concept. But for players who focus on powers or employ a hybrid style, weapon combos aren't nearly as important. So as part of the stat rebalancing for the game, the developers had to find a way to make weapon combos useful for those focusing on them without making them overpowered.

The solution is giving a scaling damage buff for combos over 2.5 seconds up to 4 seconds, thus meaning that long combos become far more useful for players relying upon them but short ones are still used for other functions.

The most recent stat revamp has also targeted the Light, Rage, and Nature powersets, all of which have had balance tweaks without any huge function overhauls.

Despite this, the developers are aware that several powers will undergo functional shifts and need a new set of mods once the stat revamp goes live, and players are assured that a system is already being put in place to address this. What that system is remains unknown, but it will exist.Read more

A space starfish is attacking DC Universe Online, seriously

March 10, 2017 6 comments

To honor the upcoming Justice League movie, the devs over at DC Universe Online are roping in the very first villain that fought this supergroup, which so happens to be an alien starfish named Starro.

Starro is part of a wider 2017 initiative with the MMO:

"We wanted to provide a new type of content, a bridge for what we saw as a gap between our larger episodes and our relatively smaller seasonal events. We wanted content that would reach out across the entire spectrum of players [...] We wanted to build content for you that is more dynamic than the seasonal events, easier for us to add to and bring back at different times, and that also still reached most players."

This bridge content will come in the form of two-month events, starting with Starro. Players can take up the fight against this tyrannical echinoderm in missions, group content, and even a raid that takes place on an Atlantean research outpost map. Starro-themed gear and costumes are the primary rewards for this event, because who wouldn't want to terrify one's foes by brandishing starfish fashion in a fight?
Read more

source: Development update

DC Universe Online launches its next major event on April 5

April 3, 2017 Leave a comment

The next big event in DC Universe Online pits heroes and villains alike against Starro, a mind-controlling interstellar starfish. That's just a fun phrase to type.

So it's very fun to share the fact that the fight against the aforementioned mind-controlling interstellar starfish will commence on April 5th, pitting players against a variety of different content styles for those at all power levels.

There's even a max-level members-only raid to fight back against the mind-controlling interstellar starfish.

The Team-up Time Capsule is also launching on April 5th if you need a little more incentive beyond the starfish to get you in-game. So you'll have to wait two days, but there's a pot of starfish-shaped gold pieces at the end of that rainbow.

Everybody wins! Except hopefully for Starro, since if he winds we'll wind up spending the remainder of our natural lives as servants to a mind-controlling interstellar starfish.Read more

VIA: Massivelyop.com/

Starro the Conqueror Event Takes Flight

[YT]hhAFdMdAhGc[/YT]
Starro the Conqueror Preview [Livestream Replay]

• 13,886 views3 weeks ago
Posted Apr 05, 2017

DC Universe Online | News | 1 Comment

Daybreak Games has sent word that DC Universe Online has been updated with the Starro the Conqueror event that brings a lot of new content and great rewards into the game. The event features the first villain from the Justice League.Read more

Also with

A creepy starfish has taken over DC Universe Online

April 6, 2017 2 comments
Play DCUO for free
If you’re not echinodermophobic already, DC Universe Online’s latest patch is angling to turn you with its latest patch. Yes, Starro the Conqueror and his concomitant content injection have arrived in Daybreak’s superhero MMORPG!

[YT]ViL-SE-2HuY[/YT]
Starro The Conqueror Invades Daybreak Austin [Official Video]

[FONT=&quot]
  • 52,138 views1 day ago
[/FONT]​

“DC Universe Online [has] launched Starro the Conqueror, a new event featuring the Justice League’s first villain! Available for all players level 10 and up, this event features new open world missions, a duo, an alert and a raid. All players who participate in the event can also receive Starro-themed gear and cosmetics. Those who are Members are able to experience a special end-game version of the raid AND collect bonus rewards throughout the event.”

[YT]MZycUWn3oAU[/YT]
Drawing Inspiration #1: Starro the Conqueror

[FONT=&quot]
  • 4,169 views2 weeks ago
[/FONT]​
We’ve tucked the live-action trailer starring Jack Emmert and the Daybreak Austin crew (it’s actually kind of amusing!) below. Just watch out for those spores.
Read more

source:
MMORPG.com& Massivelyop.com/

Last edited:
The Stream Team: Seeking out DC Universe Online’s Starro

April 10, 2017 One comment

[YT]I7oOvUhonOs[/YT]

DC Universe Online with MJ: Stomping on Starro

[FONT=&quot]
  • 17 views2 hours ago
[/FONT]​

Have you ever met an evil demon starfish? Massively OP’s MJ is about to hunt one in DCUO. Starro the Conqueror has invaded, and facing him leads to the acquiring of cool event items, so naturally MJ has to get in on the action. To save the universe from evil really — not just get the wacky cosmetics. Join us live at 3:00 p.m. to watch either MJ or the starfish get slapped silly. What: DC Universe Online
Who: MJ Guthrie
When: 3:00 p.m. EDT on Monday, April 10th, 2017
Read more

DCUO update improves the loadout screen, spring event to start next week

April 27, 2017 6 comments

Ask DC’s Atom if being small means you’re unimportant (he’ll probably disagree and then kick your butt). So don’t be that dismissive of DC Universe Online’s Game Update 70 because it has only one new feature and a handful of fixes.

That feature is pretty significant, giving players a cleaner and more informative user interface when it comes to selecting and arranging abilities for use. The ability library’s been rearranged for better reading comprehension, tooltips won’t pop up unless you want them to, abilities can be unloaded from the tray, and more.

Daybreak did confirm that the patch also paved the way for the start of the spring seasonal event on May 1st, so that’s something to look forward to next week.Read more

source: Patch notes, patch overview

DC Universe Online fires up the Age of Justice today

June 1, 2017 One comment

A new age is arriving in DC Universe Online, and it has little to nothing to do with Aquarius. It’s the Age of Justice, and it’s dropping onto the live servers today with two new open-world zones, two new 4-player operations, and two new raids. This update will involve a fair amount of time travel, so be sure to consult your travel agent on infinite Earths about the risks associated with traveling through time for some reason. Do not become your own grandparent.

The team has also heard player feedback about rewards and vendor prices in the latest episode; as many of the rewards were tied to rewards from open world quests, players felt as if you had to play more to earn the same amount of reward. Thus, vendor prices have been slashed, allowing you to get the same amount of reward for only slightly more work; there are still a lot more rewards available in the episode, so they remain somewhat more costly than the previous update’s rewards. You can try it out for yourself once maintenance ends today!
DBQFsZJWsAAFkeN.jpg

Followhttps://twitter.com/DCUO
DC Universe Online ✔ @DCUO

New Episode AGE OF JUSTICE now available! Travel back in time to 1940s WWII with #WonderWoman and the JSA! http://ow.ly/pHx430cerg4
1:11 PM - 1 Jun 2017
15 15 Retweets 60

Read more

i got into this after seeing WW...how do i play the episodes and endgame stuff

hmm you just have to be a subscriber if you want the new stuff every other episode before should be availble to other player's un less they say so. you still have play through the missions before that til it show's up on your objectives list .

i'm thinking about starting a new campaign and playing this again, i dont think i've opened it since 2016

i'm thinking about starting a new campaign and playing this again, i dont think i've opened it since 2016
the new wonder woman content is a good way to start then. but all the newest content is more access able though subscription. it changes when they put out even newer thing content wise and it become the former becomes free to the rest that doing the free to play thing unless they feel they have to get the latest thing.

As long as your subscription still up you should have access to the latest things. but you still win with the free the play thing as well. if your ok with waiting and are pressed for cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"