DC Universe Online

DC Universe Online’s GU80 is a big boon for hoarders

March 8, 20 18 One comment

The grandly named but modestly sized Game Update 80 has rolled out for DC Universe Online players this week. Daybreak says it’s tweaked inventory stack sizes for specific items, upped armory and amenity caps for bases, rebelanced NPCs for artifacts (that’s a buff for lowbies and a bigger challenge for highbies), and bugfixes several powers and powersets.

Starved for space? The update doubled the total number of inventory, bank, and shared bank rows that players can buy in the cash shop; it’s now 24, 16, and 4, respectively.

The patch also preps the game for the St Patrick’s day festivities expected to launch on March 12th. Last year, the iconic Mister Mxyzptlk got a base overhaul,Read more

source: Massivelyop.com/

adServer.bs
DC Universe Online gets lucky with its St. Patrick’s Day event

March 13, 2018 5 comments

The impish and mischevious Mister Mxyzptlk is up to no good in DC Universe Online. The pint-sized villain is wreaking havok during this week’s St. Patrick’s Day event, which is running through March 26th.

Players can tackle the Mxyleprechauns mission to see if they can get a hold of some of Mister Mxyzptlk’s riches before time runs out. New this year are a pair of feats, a “Shamrock Strike Uplink Device,” and some additional decor for player bases.
The St. Patty’s Day Event has been running annually since 2011,Read more

Via:Massivelyop.com/

source: DC Universe Online

well, i installed this on my new system and started a new character last night. picked Wonder Woman as the hero. I finished up the things with Faust and went to bed. Anyone still playing this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Now Available: The Death of Superman Part I

NEW CELEBRATION: SUPERMAN'S 80TH

Today, the celebration of Superman's 80th anniversary is in full swing. The first of three content releases in honor of the Man of Steel is now live, with two more on the way in June. Doomsday is back and bigger than ever, and that's never good news for Superman. Luckily, this time he has back up in the form of exobyte-enhanced heroes, and based on how strong Doomsday is looking and the looks those exobyte-enhanced villains are giving, he's going to need it.

Part I features a new version of open world Metropolis, and the ongoing battle between Doomsday and Superman. The celebration is available for all players level 10+, so no matter who you are or how long you've worn your cape or cowl, you can join in and play your part.

541.jpg

The Death of Superman: Part I

Doomsday has landed in Metropolis to wreak havoc on the city! Carrying a deadly plague with him, his very presence threatens the lives of all of Metropolis’ citizens. Superman has already flown to action with battling this giant menace, but Supergirl has requested your aid in supporting the Man of Steel and containing this deadly infection that Doomsday has unleashed on Metropolis!

Part I features new daily open world missions and weekly bounties for heroes and villains! Earn new feats, discover new collections, earn new gear inspired by Lobo and more! To get started, look for Doomed Metropolis (Part 1) in your Mission Journal, once you have the required Level of 10.

• Track Doomed Metropolis (Part 1) in your Journal!
  • Daily and weekly missions available in the newly unbottled Daily Planet section of Metropolis!
  • Complete the pointer mission for Doomed Metropolis (Part 1) to receive an exciting new Artifact: the Omegahedron!
  • Minimum Level: 10

New Styles and More!

• Unlock a new style-only gear set inspired by Lobo, everyone’s favorite interstellar bounty hunter!
  • Look for the "Scourge" styles on the vendor for Tributes.
  • Discover two new collections for a title and new Doomsday Aura.
  • Find new Death of Superman-inspired base items.

THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN CAPTION CONTEST

561.jpg

To honor Superman and celebrate his 80th anniversary, DC Comics published an incredible and massive Action Comics #1000, stuffed full of iconic Superman stories and with ten variant covers. And, we have them all. You can win a 10-pack, one of each of these Action Comics #1000 variants, for your collection. All you have to do is submit your caption to the screenshot above. What is Doomsday thinking right now? We'll choose our favorite captions based on how creatively and how well they thematically match both Superman and DCUO.

For full rules and to enter, click here or visit the official @DCUO Twitter.

Contest begins at 12PM PT on May 16, 2018, and ends on 12PM PT on May 23, 2018.

Last edited:
Putting the progress in work-in-progress. Here's an updated look at Titans Tower. #teentitans #wip #dcuo

Ddfbvz5VMAAOgWb.jpg

safe_image.php

SWITCH May 23, 201925
DC Universe Online coming to Switch this summer
Free-to-play massively multiplayer online game adds another platform.
DCUO-Switch_05-23-19.jpg

DC Universe Online is coming to Switch this summer, developer Daybreak Game Company announced.

The DC Universe-themed, free-to-play massively multiplayer online game first launched for PlayStation 3 and PC in January 2011, followed by PlayStation 4 in November 2013 and Xbox One in April 2016.

Here is a brief overview of the game, via its PlayStation Store page:

DC Universe Online is free-to-play! Join thousands of other players in a massive online action game set in the popular DC Comics universe. Create and customize your own powerful Hero or Villain and experience true action combat as you fight alongside and against legendary characters such as Batman, Superman, The Joker and Lex Luthor. Become a part of our thriving community at DCUniverseOnline.com! Please note the download could take several hours, but it’s worth the wait!

Watch the Switch version announcement trailer below.

Thanks, CBR.

source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

To be honest im kind of surprised the game is still going strong.
I was so hyped for it once upon a time, but it very soon became pretty boring to me and i dropped it.
Never found my way back, tried it when it came out on ps4 but no.

Alone the very start with a less than good create mode ruined a lot for me.
And by now its all so ugly and clunky and so on.
I watched a few recent videos but there is nothing there that made me think "Oh i need to check it out again".
Which is sad because the idea is just fantastic.

I'm still wondering when they are going to take the force field down on some of the buildings.

i haven't played this in months but sometimes i think of jumping back in. i still wish there was a Marvel game with this much scope

i haven't played this in months but sometimes i think of jumping back in. i still wish there was a Marvel game with this much scope
Marvel was trying to do something like this but just gave up. I'm still pissed that they played a part in City of Heroes closing. I miss that game a lot. :(

Marvel was trying to do something like this but just gave up. I'm still pissed that they played a part in City of Heroes closing. I miss that game a lot. :(

You know that CoH is back right?

I wonder if they'll ever properly update the game, or give us a DCUO2.

I wonder if they'll ever properly update the game, or give us a DCUO2.
I hope that they give us a DCUO2 or at least give us some new solo missions. Playing in a group is fun and all but I do prefer solo missions.

Last edited:
Just started replaying this again on my PS4. Started over again from the start and I am really liking how they changed the tutorial and some of the new stuff they added.

man i forgot all about this game

and i'm still made there isn't a marvel equivalent

man i forgot all about this game

and i'm still made there isn't a marvel equivalent
Marvel took down COH and Champions Online because they claimed they were making a game like this and sued them into the ground for copyrights and the furthest they got was an announcement trailer many years ago.

Last edited:
Marvel took down COH and Champions Online because they claimed they were making a game like this and sued them into the ground for copyrights and the furthest they got was an announcement trailer many years ago.

Marvel took CoH to court for the copyright issues and lost.
Champions Online was originally a Marvel MMO, but they pulled out. Cryptic used the Champions IP instead.

House of Legends Episode is going live tomorrow.

Downtime - Server Downtime - August 25, 2021 - House of Legends | DC Universe Online Forums

Access Changes for Everyone
Changes for every access level will include:
  • Free episodes.
  • Standard daily login rewards (at least $20 in value when you log in at least 20 days per cycle).
  • Full access to lair and utility belt systems.
  • Cash cap increased from 2,000 to 50,000.
  • +7 additional inventory slots.
  • Promethium Lockboxes removed, their rewards distributed elsewhere.
  • Artifact XP items condensed to save inventory space.
Access Changes for Premium
Changes for the premium access level will include:

• Cash cap increased from 3,000 to unlimited.

Access Changes for Members
Changes for membership will include:
  • Additional 3x bonus daily login rewards (at least $60 in value when you log in at least 20 days per cycle).
    • For daily login rewards, this means an extra three times the standard daily login rewards ($60 value) PLUS the standard daily login rewards everyone gets ($20 value), for a total of $80.
  • +50% bonus to timed drops of Artifact XP and Ally XP.
  • +7 (more) Inventory slots (28 from membership, 77 total)
  • +8 (more) Bank slots (32 from membership, 56 total)
  • +7 (more) Shared Bank slots (7 from membership, 16 total)
For clarity, these additional benefits will be on top of what membership includes now and will still include:
  • 500 Daybreak Cash (PC) or Loyalty Points (consoles) monthly ($5 value)
  • 150 Replay Badges monthly ($5 value)
  • 10% discount on all Marketplace purchases
  • +10 Character slots (16 total)
  • +15 Broker slots (20 total)
  • Full access to all Powers, Shield (Weapon), and Skimming (Movement Mode)
  • Full access to mail, trade, and leagues
  • 1 free Item Restore monthly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"