Dead Space 3 - Part 1

Am i the only one disappointed in this game? I loved the concept of tributing Carpenter's the Thing with the setting, but the clumsy action sequences when facing zealots, the bland loser engineer who wants his girlfriend back protagonist (i liked my Isaac better in the 1st and 2nd game) with the dukeé boyfriend stereotype and whatnot in this "end of the world" setting is just blergh.

I'm on chapter 12 right now and i just can't bring myself to finish this game. :\

Peter Moore chimes in on the whole "canceling Dead Space 4" article:

Standard, shoddy website journalism recipe, born out of a desperate need to increase click-thru rates to support advertising revenue. Fabricate a story using an "unnamed source", post it first thing in the morning, add the letters" EA" to the story (oh, and link it to micro-transactions - always a fan favourite) and then stand back and enjoy the vitriol which you turn into revenue. Rinse and repeat...

Thanks Matt - yes it's me, and in answer to the question above, my comments were fairly and squarely aimed at Videogamer. My issue is not the rejection of community feedback (we get that in bucketloads all day long and we learn from it in real time), rather it was the fabrication of a story in order to generate controversy and ultimately readership.

Atta Boy Peter Moore. It's about time someone doesn't just deny the dumb rumors but come out and attack the morons trying to start it. Well done

This story would of been far more believable had Videogamer.com not of mentioned micro transactions. They got greedy with their fabrication. Claiming weapon specific ammo was dumped last minute(even tho we have known about universal ammo for well over a yr) because of micro transactions? Yea, they shot themselves in the foot.

I knew that story was a load of crap. It was way too convenient and baseless.

Wow. I'm not surprised, but at the same time I'm very surprised. Pretty crazy that they'd leave something like
Isaac/Carver's fate
up to DLC content. What does that mean for the next game, then? Or for people who don't get this DLC? Does it become canon? Not canon? Am I thinking too hard? lol

In terms of actual gameplay, I thought the trailer was pretty meh to be honest. I mean, you're back on the Terra Nova? Again? A ship you've already extensively explored? I hope the DLC will prove me mega wrong but that just seems anti climatic after the grand scale final chapters of DS3.

I was really hoping this was gonna be post ending DLC. Looks fantastic

Yeah Severed for DS2 did the same thing with doing the Sprawl in reverse and I wasn't crazy about it there. One of my pet peeves is when games re-use environments, hopefully they'll do enough to the environment that it won't feel the same.

Still I'm fine with it covering and dealing with [blackout] Isaac's fate, I'd rather he back in play than be in limbo for the next 2-4 years. [/blackout]

I dunno, from the hands on impressions the DLC seems pretty unique. Here are the new, ****ed up enemy types people were wanting. Sounds pretty creepy.

That's true about Severed, I guess. I really enjoyed that DLC, too, so maybe I'm just being preemptively harsh. I suppose it's just a little less "fresh" looking because you're revisiting the same area as
Isaac/Carver
rather than a different character like Gabe in Severed.

I dunno, from the hands on impressions the DLC seems pretty unique. Here are the new, ****ed up enemy types people were wanting. Sounds pretty creepy.

I do think the new enemy types are very welcome. I was wondering what they would do in the ostensible absence of the [blackout] Necromorphs [/blackout] and was worried we'd be fighting a lot of gun-toting Unitologist troops during this DLC but this is a nice twist on that.

New Stalker variant from DS3: Awakened.

ds3awakenedisaacvsnewne.jpg

That doesn't look like bad news at all :p

Just crafted a force gun with hydraulic hammer, added stasis amplifier and flame glaze. I have dubbed it Leeroy Jenkins, necromorphs tremble as Isaac charges at them with this legendary weapon.

Speaking of which, they should've enabled you to name your custom blueprints.

still have not beat this game. Im at about 60%. Don't have a clue on how to build a gun. This is too confusing and the writings and direction s are so small to read. The game is getting slightly better but it's still a huge disappointment

Sounds more like you're just not very good at video games.

still have not beat this game. Im at about 60%. Don't have a clue on how to build a gun. This is too confusing and the writings and direction s are so small to read. The game is getting slightly better but it's still a huge disappointment

I was able to figure out weapon crafting in the 10 minute demo. Its not hard. The small writing is an issue with your tv, not the game. I have a standard 32'' HD TV and the writing is fine.

Anyone else get the Awakened DLC? I just finished it with a friend in about 2 hours and change. I thought it was pretty solid for 800MSP. Wondering where they'll go next now!

I downloaded it, but my co-op partner is busy tonight so I probably won't get to play anytime soon. Would you say the DLC is more "horror-based" like they claim, or is it more action oriented? Any kind of boss fight?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"