Battlefield 3 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you do. But sometimes, you lose some due to balancing issues and level design, like CQ on Metro.

So I gave MW3's MP a chance. Put about an hour and change into it this afternoon. I seriously can't even believe people play it. I thought it was one of the worst MP games I've ever played. None of the guns feel "real," the perks are hilariously stupid, and it plays like a 90's arcade shooter. Even with BF3's ridiculous patch changes, it's still a billion times better than MW3.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just growing out of COD.

Which is the best MP mode for newbs to help them level up?
I keep getting my ass handed to me because i have such crappy guns. I've been playing support and got C4, which makes me now feel kind of useful. I've been playing on Conquest, because I feel like the deaths don't matter as much as they would in Deathmatchs, but is that the right route I should taking?

Yeah, that's a good call dude. Conquest or Rush would be good. Anything like Support or Assault where you can play a good support role, healing and resupplying your team. That is always appreciated and you'll level up pretty fast from that.

Deathmatch is good for leveling up a specific gun, but not great for class/overall level.

Just stick to either Rush or Conquest and play your class. Heal, give ammo, repair, spot, capture points. Focus on those things if you find you're having trouble shooting dudes.

Yes, you do. But sometimes, you lose some due to balancing issues and level design, like CQ on Metro.

I mostly only played on Shaqi and Gulf. Those maps are tight so that's how I came up with those pro tactics lol. To get my last win though (after 10 or so goddamn matches) I branched out into regular maps and it was almost like everybody had rockets hahah, so forget about what I said and just launch explosives at that bish. Either way Battlefield is terrible when it comes to condensed skirmishes and I'm happy I can stick to Rush/Conquest again.

So I gave MW3's MP a chance. Put about an hour and change into it this afternoon. I seriously can't even believe people play it. I thought it was one of the worst MP games I've ever played. None of the guns feel "real," the perks are hilariously stupid, and it plays like a 90's arcade shooter. Even with BF3's ridiculous patch changes, it's still a billion times better than MW3.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just growing out of COD.

Dude, I had an itch to try MW3 as well. :D Kill Confirmed was cool... but after an hour the shoebox maps were getting tired, and after 2 hours the latency lag became way too much for me to handle. I have more fun in Battlefield flying around as a passenger in a scout helicopter! And all I do is help out the pilot by spotting and repairing when necessary.

It's interesting that there are a lot of fans who were disappointed by it though, but the chances of Activision waking up and making some changes before driving the name into the ground are practically non-existent.

Which is the best MP mode for newbs to help them level up?
I keep getting my ass handed to me because i have such crappy guns. I've been playing support and got C4, which makes me now feel kind of useful. I've been playing on Conquest, because I feel like the deaths don't matter as much as they would in Deathmatchs, but is that the right route I should taking?

Definitely Rush, there's not as much pressure when you're a defender because there are no respawn tickets. :up:

I recently put black ops back in to try it out, and its SO EASY compared to battlefield 3. lol. But ive been doing pretty good in bf3. Anybody wanna post their gamertag?

Yea iv noticed that as well. Those MAVs are all over the damn place. Iv started using my stingers on the little bastards. I played some rush on Wake Island the other day and our team got absolutely roasted and I was perplexed because it felt as tho EVERYONE had a MAV out, and I couldn't figure out how they were stopping us if everyone was flying a damn MAV. But yea iv deff noticed more of those things being used. They're super useful but I don't think they should be allowed to kill people, or at least make it take like 50 hits to kill someone.
Man i dont even have the MAV yet. I never play sniper. I like to be in the action

Yea same here man and when i do use the Recon class, i use the UMP.

I run around with iron sights. :up: It's pretty cool coz I get to be aggressive and accurate, I got the 50 headshots assignment done in no time. Anyways I just found out the MAV can take out other MAVs. :awesome:

Sniper rifle with iron sights? you can do that? lol. And somebody add me on live. I'm Quasimod0

Yeah I find sniper rifles with iron sights are surprisingly effective sometimes, especially if they're semi-auto.

im pretty set on my kits now....assault is m16....engineer is hks(takes me back to my counter strike days) support is m60 of course because its a walking hack with a grip. and recon is my wildcard class where i use pdw and shotguns.

now its time to work on service stars. I get 100 kills with a weapon then move on, because im a dog tag ****e. But now its time to just play to play and not to get a reward.

I use the m416 with heavy barrel for assault and ump for engineer. Works great for me. Do you use any of the flashlights? I cant stand when people point those at me

MP7 with extended mag for any class. G3 for the medic class. SG553 for engineer class and M39 for recon.

I use the m416 with heavy barrel for assault and ump for engineer. Works great for me. Do you use any of the flashlights? I cant stand when people point those at me

I use lasers on rifles and flashlights on pistols. I turn them off unless I'm entering a building or I know an enemy is up ahead. As for weapon preference:

Assault....FAMAS, that thing is stupid overpowered.
Engineer..G36, coz it's my fave rifle.
Support...MG36 when I get it. >:]
Recon.....L96, one shot droppin fools.

FINALLY got a new gun for Support and I don't even get to use it. Got it 10 tickets away from the game ending. It was the M429. Any good?

I use lasers on rifles and flashlights on pistols. I turn them off unless I'm entering a building or I know an enemy is up ahead. As for weapon preference:

Assault....FAMAS, that thing is stupid overpowered.
Engineer..G36, coz it's my fave rifle.
Support...MG36 when I get it. >:]
Recon.....L96, one shot droppin fools.

How can a gun be over powered? The FAMAS fires the same rounds the m16a4 does. The only difference is the FAMAS is a little lighter and has less recoil meaning its a little more stable when firing.

Is the FAMAS a new weapon with back to karkand?

Yup. :up:

How can a gun be over powered? The FAMAS fires the same rounds the m16a4 does. The only difference is the FAMAS is a little lighter and has less recoil meaning its a little more stable when firing.

Uh, coz in regular matches it cuts people down like I'm playing HC. :huh:

Yup. :up:

Uh, coz in regular matches it cuts people down like I'm playing HC. :huh:

Thats what it should do. Its a gun, they fire bullets. Bullets kill people. It shouldn't take too many shots to kill someone with a 5.56. Its not overpowered, its accurate.

Thats what it should do. Its a gun, they fire bullets. Bullets kill people. It shouldn't take too many shots to kill someone with a 5.56. Its not overpowered, its accurate.

lmao I hate it when people say that s**t when we're talking about a game where guns clearly don't act like real guns.

lmao I hate it when people say that s**t when we're talking about a game where guns clearly don't act like real guns.

Most of them are fairly authentic though. For instance the M4 has semi and single fire option while the M4A1 has a fully auto fire option, that is accurate to its real life counterparts. DICE didn't make that up. Most of the guns seem to be quite authentic. Which is why the FAMAS isn't "over powered"

DICE even captured the correct reload animations for a rifle that has a round left in the chamber vs one that is empty. They nailed a lot of the little details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"