Battlefield 3 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of them are fairly authentic though. For instance the M4 has semi and single fire option while the M4A1 has a fully auto fire option, that is accurate to its real life counterparts. DICE didn't make that up. Most of the guns seem to be quite authentic. Which is why the FAMAS isn't "over powered"

The guns themselves are realistic but we're not talking about fire function and the sounds they make. We're talking about damage output. When it can take up to 2 shots to kill someone with a bolt action rifle that whole "bullets kill people" thing goes out the window.

The guns themselves are realistic but we're not talking about fire function and the sounds they make. We're talking about damage output. When it can take up to 2 shots to kill someone with a bolt action rifle that whole "bullets kill people" thing goes out the window.

Just because it's "bolt action" doesn't mean the weapon is necessarily more powerful. It depends on the weapon, the round and the location of the shot.

They use heavier bullets so it does. Regardless lol the point I was trying to make with that is: The game is a game. Where weapons can be more powerful than others. Which is why I called the FAMAS overpowered, because in my experience it's more powerful than the other rifles I've played with.

Overpowered is such a crappy gamer complaint term. There is a difference between powerful or most powerful and over powered.

FINALLY got a new gun for Support and I don't even get to use it. Got it 10 tickets away from the game ending. It was the M429. Any good?

If you meant to say M249, it happens to be my favourite gun in the game and the one I'm most proficient with. With an extended clip and a foregrip, there's almost zero recoil. It's a beast. IMO way better than the M60.

I have the bipod on my support gun, but to be honest i rarely use it. Seems my guy never wants to deploy his bipod when im crouched behind something like a low concrete barrier. Oh well. May switch to a foregrip.
And I LOVE how they let you change the fire rate in the middle of the game, instantly. That rocks.

They use heavier bullets so it does.

That's not completely accurate. Just because it uses a manual slide does not mean it's going to use a heavier round. There are bolt action rifles that use a standard 5.56

As for the FAMAS, it's an accurate rifle, giving the appearance it's "overpowered".

Last edited:
I have the bipod on my support gun, but to be honest i rarely use it. Seems my guy never wants to deploy his bipod when im crouched behind something like a low concrete barrier. Oh well. May switch to a foregrip.
And I LOVE how they let you change the fire rate in the middle of the game, instantly. That rocks.

Try tapping the aim button a few times. Sometimes when i use that class i have trouble deploying the bipod but if ya give the aim button a few taps, that generally seems to work.

I used to hate the bipod because it depended on my not pushing in my right stick when I pulled my right trigger. I learned to have a softer grip when firing. It was either that or continue on giving my enemies a little get-up/get-down shuffle dance right before they shoot me.

Yeah this game needs clench protection, happens to me too.

That's not completely accurate. Just because it uses a manual slide does not mean it's going to use a heavier round. There are bolt action rifles that use a standard 5.56

As for the FAMAS, it's an accurate rifle, giving the appearance it's "overpowered".

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what bolt action rifle in this game shoots 5.56 rounds? And again I'm talking about DAMAGE man, damn. In close quarters I win everytime lmao ffs. It's a dirty weapon to use is all I'm saying.

It's not dirty to use at all. It's got stronger firepower but as a result has more drift for extended periods of firing.. which is the trade off for almost every strong machine gun. It also chews through ammo.

I actually use the saw for support. Don't have m60 yet. When do I get that?

Early on I think. I'm not a big fan of support so I'm not sure lol.
It's not dirty to use at all. It's got stronger firepower but as a result has more drift for extended periods of firing.. which is the trade off for almost every strong machine gun. It also chews through ammo.

I nail people from a distance with the ACOG no problem, 3 bursts tops. The way I see it is if you can run and gun in this game and come out on top something is wrong.

When you do run and gun, and actually survive and get a few kills, you feel so amazing. lol. Like a real warrior

7th unlock for the m60. after the m240b.
Ah, thanks. im on level 24 so ive got alot left to unlock. Ive been playing for quite some time, levelling just takes a while

Battlefield 3 isn't a game where the strength of your gun lets you win, it's not COD. It's about timing, reflexes and strategy more than stopping power. You can have the better gun but playing sloppily will still **** you over.

Thanks for the lesson but how did winning even come into the equation here? smh.

I said I use the gun because it's overpowered. <-- Let that sentence sink in. I'm not complaining! It's advantageous to me whenever I pick the Assault class because of how it works. I feel cheap whenever I use it but a kill is a kill.

If you wanna think it's fine as is, cool. If you wanna think there's nothing wrong with it even though it doesn't operate within the parameters of every other rifle in the game, then so be it. I'll live to see another day somehow.

I take issue with the term 'overpowered' because that is implying that it's imbalanced and that the user has an unfair advantage, which I disagree with.

Again, I'm killing people in regular matches... As if I'm playing on a Hardcore server... which is an unfair advantage... IMO. :dry:

You payed for the dlc, you earned the advantage. If there is one. Lol. Even steady aim is an advantage

I don't think it's unfair at all.

And I'm fine with that. I just hate it when folks are like, "In real life this, this, and this." When we're talking about a game where you can recover from gunshots by standing near a box with a cross on it.

You payed for the dlc, you earned the advantage. If there is one. Lol. Even steady aim is an advantage

Hahah yeah, I regret not picking up the limited edition so I had to pay $15. I'm gonna use it even though I usually shy away from weapons that I feel are cheap.

Anyways damn, crazy luck on this guy's part lol this stuff never happens to me.

The other day I was attacking and we only had ten tickets left. So I jumped in a jet, flew over the last crate and jumped out. And I planted the charge and it blew with two tickets left. Phew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"