• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantastic Four reborn! - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you guys are being the cocky ones! You ever think of THAT?! :argh:

So wait:

This guy was up for the Reed Richards role?

madden2.jpg

And Trank chose THIS guy?

21-and-Over-star-Miles-Teller-Reveals-How-He-Spent-His-Own-21st-Birthday.jpg

tumblr_m3oovqY2aT1qii6tmo1_250.gif

No. Seriously. WHY????

Miles Teller looks what would happen if you left a wax model of KD Lang out in the sun for too long.

Who isn't? :whatever:

I mean, I'm all for not liking this cast. I'm not sold on it either, least of all Miles Teller. But acting as though this makes something we have yet to see somehow a hundred times worse than the turds we got the past two times? Come on... :o

I mean, I'm all for not liking this cast. I'm not sold on it either, least of all Miles Teller. But acting as though this makes something we have yet to see somehow a hundred times worse than the turds we got the past two times? Come on... :o

Okay, but here's the difference.

I was here 10 years ago when the casting announcements came through for the first film. Pretty much EVERYONE was on board with the decisions behind Ioan Gruffudd, Chris Evans, Julian McMahon and Michael Chiklis. It was fairly unanimous love for those actors because they really seemed to capture the visual fidelity for Reed, Johnny, Victor and Ben. Reaction was mixed for Jessica, but that calmed down immediately once the first still of her as the Invisible Woman was dropped.

This is the exact polar opposite. From jump the fans hate the vast majority of the cast with the mixed reaction only being centered on one actress.

So if we can get two mediocre films with a casts we mostly approved the look of (with a more experienced director than Trank, nonetheless), what can we really expect with a cast we hate already with a one-hit-wonder director?

If Richard Madden was up for Richards, and Teller was chosen over him...it couldn't possibly be that Teller is a better actor...nah.

I wonder how the comic con folk are going to react when the Fanfiction Four show up... I imagine there is going to be a lot of booing... Has that ever happened at comic con before?

Each crowd member will be paid 2 cheer I bet

Can we really consider Tim Story a "much more experienced director" and write off Trank as a "one-hit wonder" when Trank's one film was much more in league with the superhero genre than Story's biggest hits prior to F4, a couple of tepid comedies?

I think they will definitely steer clear from this feeling like a traditional "superhero film". The original franchise had a lot of cheese and superhero flair. I wouldn't expect that this time around.

If Richard Madden was up for Richards, and Teller was chosen over him...it couldn't possibly be that Teller is a better actor...nah.
Yeah I guess you are right being that they did after all cast Meryl Streep to play Sue and Robert Deniro as Ben and they all had to do auditions because Trank said "No!! only good actors that are perfect for the part!":o

Can we really consider Tim Story a "much more experienced director" and write off Trank as a "one-hit wonder" when Trank's one film was much more in league with the superhero genre than Story's biggest hits prior to F4, a couple of tepid comedies?
Does any of that actually matter, Sawyer, when Trank is very actively and obviously F'ing the franchise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"