Fantastic Four reborn! - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I might be the only one but I actually think this movie might turn out quite good. I personally am pretty tired of all the marvel films feeling the same so it will be nice to have something unique.

I feel like I might be the only one but I actually think this movie might turn out quite good. I personally am pretty tired of all the marvel films feeling the same so it will be nice to have something unique.

i don't think its a crime to feel this way

That's fine, just so they don't push it as a Fantastic Four movie.

I'm of the same mindset. I like the people involved and trust Trank so we'll see how it goes.

Yeah, wouldn't want this movie to feel like a Marvel film.

Might've turned out GOOD and actually look like a Fantastic Four movie.

Whew! Dodged a bullet there!

Yeah, wouldn't want this movie to feel like a Marvel film.

Might've turned out GOOD and actually look like a Fantastic Four movie.

Whew! Dodged a bullet there!

Dodged a bullet? I think you're jumping the gun. This could still come back to Marvel even though it could be a long shot.

My hope is that they don't even use the usual Marvel intro for the movie. Let Trank totally redo it until it doesn't even look like a Marvel anything including the F4. If he isn't going to respect anything from the comics, then don't use ANYTHING from the comics at all.

they'll totally slap the marvel logo in there somewhere in a desperate attempt to validate their interpretation

Would it kill them to release a logo? It's not like a logo will show how completely bad the movie'll be. :hehe:

I too don't get why it's so difficult to release a logo. Hiding small things like that only makes people more skeptical. Again nobody is even asking for a teaser because it's still early enough to where I don't think they have to release a teaser but let us know the film still exists.

It's like they don't want ANYBODY to know this film was ever... a thing. Unless you've been following the news about it, you'd probably have no idea that they're doing this,

At first I thought it was crazy talk but now I'm starting to wonder if they will wait until like May to release the first teaser.

The movie comes out in August not June. Why are people expecting a teaser now. Relax people.

It's like they don't want ANYBODY to know this film was ever... a thing. Unless you've been following the news about it, you'd probably have no idea that they're doing this,

They probably are trying to keep it quiet in case Marvel somehow agree to negotiate with them. Then, having kept such a low profile with this, they can just shove it in a vault somewhere and no-one will have to know. Releasing a poster, trailer etc almost commits them to releasing the movie eventually. Has there ever been a movie that has actually had a trailer that is shelved (other than something like the Interview, which was because of terrorist threats and not other reasons)?

The movie comes out in August not June. Why are people expecting a teaser now. Relax people.

OK, um, how about a logo?

I feel like we need a gif of a tumblweed blowing through and empty town. Only replace the tumbleweed with a F4 logo. :oldrazz:

I explicitly wrote that I'm not saying that they should release a teaser. :whatever:

Who are these people expecting a teaser? Most just want to see well anything.

Nah, you're not alone. I have to confess that there's a part of me that feels the same. Well, maybe not the part about it being good, but the part about it being something different from marvel. I like the marvel films, sure, but I like ice cream too and that doesn't mean I want to eat it all the time. Variety is good. Originality is good.

Nah, you're not alone. I have to confess that there's a part of me that feels the same. Well, maybe not the part about it being good, but the part about it being something different from marvel. I like the marvel films, sure, but I like ice cream too and that doesn't mean I want to eat it all the time. Variety is good. Originality is good.

Of course, originality is good. But in this case the food smells rancid.

Some people drink pee for some strange reason, and conceivably someone could serve up poo on a plate to create an original delicacy. Doesn't mean that it's good at all.

Empire article was just the synopsis and Kebbel's Doom comments.

I'm all for originality too but come on guys Fox's X-Men films are pretty formulaic by their own right. Let's not even talk about how epically they have failed with CBM's that are not X-Men. Even if I don't love all of their films I find that most of the WB/DC films thus far to be tonally different enough from Marvel and I'm glad for it. But Fox does not impress me. And with all the bad buzz surrounding this film, I'm surprised anyone is expecting anything short of a train wreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"