Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter. This is discussion for the TV series. Not the book series. Fans of only the TV series should be able to come in here without any fear of having three seasons ahead spoiled for them. Talk about the books in the book forum. This isn't up for debate but if you want to keep arguing we can, but I don't think you'll like the results.

I put "Heavy spoilers, I wouldn't open unless you've read the books." :dry:

Rules are rules. We all have to abide by them. Even well hidden spoilers tend to result in someone inadvertently (or in several cases, deliberately) revealing a spoiler over the course of discussing said spoiler.

It's happened before and frequently enough that there are people who watch the show who are deliberately staying out of this thread just so as to avoid book spoilers; as demonstrated by Parker Wayne's post below:

This why I'm not in this thread most of the time. :up:

Kind of sad for something like this to happen - especially when there is a place dedicated to discussing the books.

Well then alter the first post in here, Matt. Because I didn't see that note until I opened spoiler tags YOU changed.

Well then alter the first post in here, Matt. Because I didn't see that note until I opened spoiler tags YOU changed.

There is a huge announcement at the top of the TV forum. If you can't bother to read the big announcement titled, "The Game of Thrones Thread and Spoilers," it isn't my problem. It only becomes my problem when people post spoilers anyway. Then I make it their problem.

There is a huge announcement at the top of the TV forum. If you can't bother to read the big announcement titled, "The Game of Thrones Thread and Spoilers," it isn't my problem. It only becomes my problem when people post spoilers anyway. Then I make it their problem.

Psh... I don't pay attention to such things.:o

But no, really, my eyes go to the first thread underneath the stickys. I've never even opened that thing, because I didn't see it.

Last edited:
No. We're not splitting GOT discussion into three threads. If you want to discuss the books, go to the book thread. It is that simple. Otherwise, I am sure you can discuss the TV SHOW in the TV FORUM without spoiling the fifth season based on the BOOKS.

I don't understand this situation. People have to know that spoilers (any kind) are going to pop up, no matter what. As long as people clearly mark it, it makes sense.

People want to discuss the future of the show; what else is there to discuss during this long wait?

I don't understand this situation. People have to know that spoilers (any kind) are going to pop up, no matter what. As long as people clearly mark it, it makes sense.

People want to discuss the future of the show; what else is there to discuss during this long wait?
Then go to the Book thread as that is all spoilers by its very nature

Read the announcement. You can discuss future characters, even minor plot details. What I am saying is do not give away specific spoilers. Don't say things like: "Yes or no, are the White Walkers going to kill everyone?" That is specific. Now saying "You know who should play so and so," is not. Saying "So and so's entire storyline is this," is. See what I mean?

The problem is that no matter how many people tag spoilers, there will always be one who gets caught up in the discussion and doesn't and ruins plots for all the non-book reading viewers. It has happened many times in this thread. Even readers of the books have complained about it.

This is common courtesy. Beyond that, this isn't the thread for discussion of the book's plot. We have a whole entire thread in the books forum for that. Just go there to discuss the plots and characterizations of the book. This is for the TV show.

This thread will pay the iron price and be buried with the drowned God then.

Also, no one goes in the book thread. Whatever. You do seem to have it out for this thread, Matt.

I really don't. I actually did this in response to a complaint by Spidey-Bat who butts heads with me in here more than anyone. I've received other complaints as well. It is a fair point. People should be able to discuss the show without fear of having three seasons ahead spoiled for them.

^As someone who hasnt read the books and has inadvertently stumbled across a lot of futurew spoilers I didnt want to know, Matt is doing the right thing, I hardly visit here myself because of all the things discussed in the book yet I watch the TV show.

Can we talk about the differences between the book and show here in the most recent episode, or is that too spoilery too?

The spoiler policy is, as a rule of thumb, try not to go past the current book/season. So yes. Knock yourself out. You guys really should read the announcement. It really isn't as restrictive as certain posters are acting. All it is asking is that since we're in season 2, don't talk in SPECIFIC DETAIL about books 3, 4, 5 etc.

Wow I can't wait for the next season!

Alright, well then.

I'm surprised by what Dany did to Xaro. That is the complete opposite of what happens in the book. In the book, he tells her to leave. There isn't this bad blood left between them like there will be in the future of the series, if he even gets out of there. He doesn't sleep with Doreah, it's even hinted that he likes men, and Doreah is dead by that point of the story.

It's the only thing from the show that's making me go "Umm... WTF are they thinking?!". Well... that and the lack of the Red Door and what's behind it at the House of the Undying. It's not like this show HAS to fit in a time frame.

The Book thread is too spoilery heavy for people who haven't read them to go in asking about spoilers.

I don't see why the rule can't be "If it's about books 3-5, put it in spoilers." If you read it, that's your own fault.

The Book thread is too spoilery heavy for people who haven't read them to go in asking about spoilers.

I don't see why the rule can't be "If it's about books 3-5, put it in spoilers." If you read it, that's your own fault.

You were the one complaining about it! :facepalm:

Anyway, it is moot. The decision is made. Get over it.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/com...c-lead-critics’-choice-tv-awards-nominations/

The Critics Choice Award nominated Game of Thrones for Best Series and Peter Dinklage for Best Actor. Most happily, for me, they also nominated Emmy Rossum for Shameless and gave Community nods for Best Series, McHale, Brie and Pudi.

It's so rare to see an awards show get so much right.

Critics Choice usually gets it right. But they got one thing abundantly wrong....

How the hell did they not nominate Dany's eyebrows for best supporting actress!?!?

You were the one complaining about it! :facepalm:

Anyway, it is moot. The decision is made. Get over it.

The kind of spoiler discussion I hate is what Speedball did. There was no reason to bring that up. I would only ever say, "I can't wait to see the ending of season 4" instead of "I can't wait to see (then list everything that happens)." If a show viewer has a question and wants to know a little more about what will happen to a certain character or about a certain event, I see no harm in answering if it's spoiler tagged.

And what is the policy about events that occurred before the first book but you don't learn about until later books? Or theories such as who Jon's mother is? Some of that isn't covered in the book.

This site isn't Yahoo Answers. ;)

If it is theory, it is fair game. Just don't give specific clues that are revealed in later books. Just follow the announcement and discuss the show. This isn't hard.

The kind of spoiler discussion I hate is what Speedball did. There was no reason to bring that up. I would only ever say, "I can't wait to see the ending of season 4" instead of "I can't wait to see (then list everything that happens)." If a show viewer has a question and wants to know a little more about what will happen to a certain character or about a certain event, I see no harm in answering if it's spoiler tagged.

And what is the policy about events that occurred before the first book but you don't learn about until later books? Or theories such as who Jon's mother is? Some of that isn't covered in the book.

I still warned people though. It's not like I just listed them without saying that there are book spoilers.

edit- and Thanks for calling me out man, you're just swell.:up:

Last edited:
my goodness never thought id see the good side of Joeffry, him hooking up his gramps, Baylesh and the Tyrell was awesome. he didn't even want to give up Sansa

Joffrey was acting purely for show.

Heh. Exactly...shouldn't have been any doubt of this. He's the most cartoonishly evil character on the show...I don't think he has a "good side" :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"