Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God Blackfish went to take a piss. :o

Hopefully from the start of Mhysa we'll get to see Ser Brynden prove what a badass he truly is as he will likely escape the scene of the crime! Same goes for Sandor the Hound too. Wonder if anybody will recognise Arya. Just as well Roose Bolton wasn't in Harrenhal as he was in the book during Season 2 otherwise there would have been other grave consequences for the Stark family.

Also wondered if they ever considered having Arya hiding in the room while the murders took place. Would have been a bittersweet moment if Cat discovered that she was still alive before the knife met her throat. But the story isn't over for the Starks - [blackout]Lady Stoneheart may yet see her in the future and I have a feeling that if Bran, Rickon, Jon and Arya ever reunite I'm going to cry like a baby like when I saw Simon and Thomas reuniting with their big brother Lucas in the Impossible lol![/blackout] ;)

Last edited:
That's what's in the Red Wedding: Tolerable Edition I just linked two posts before yours...

As to the viewership numbers, they're accurate. It was right behind True Blood for a long time the past two seasons, now it has finally surpassed it.

Keep in mind when they say 15 million they mean in all viewing markets total, not just the first-run east coast at 9:00. That's still only like, 2 or 3 million or 4 million or something. Which is still great numbers for premium cable.
The 9 PM airing averages at about 4.9 million viewers this season. This episode was 5.22M.

^^That was awesome, lol. :p

Had a thought, people, myself included, have thought that the final scene would be [BLACKOUT]Lady Stoneheart[/BLACKOUT], but I was thinking and I'm now thinking the final scene will be [BLACKOUT]Mance Rayder "lighting the biggest fire the North has ever seen" then him and his men charging the wall.[/BLACKOUT]

Poor Arya. Her life probably feels like one long, sick joke by now. The last time she saw any of her family was when her dad's head rolled. Now after being on the road for, what, a year and a half? She gets so close to being reunited with her family and they're all dead too. I guess it's off to Braavos for that ninja training.

I would guess that Sansa has a big survivor's-guilt-fueled meltdown in her future. Ned offered to get her out of KL and find her a match, "someone brave and gentle and strong" but she chose to stay and marry Joffrey, even though she'd already seen what a monster he was, she insisted on hanging onto those girlish fantasies about finding her prince. It wouldn't take much for her to believe that if she'd said yes, Ned might not have been killed and the war might not have happened. I see her giving Tyrion some kind of tearful confession where she's all "My mother, my father, all my brothers, they all died because of me!!!"

tumblr_mntkdfYMga1rim2nuo1_500.gif

tumblr_mntkdfYMga1rim2nuo2_500.gif

Had a thought, people, myself included, have thought that the final scene would be [BLACKOUT]Lady Stoneheart[/BLACKOUT], but I was thinking and I'm now thinking the final scene will be [BLACKOUT]Mance Rayder "lighting the biggest fire the North has ever seen" then him and his men charging the wall.[/BLACKOUT]

Yeah, I think they kind of have to save LS for season 4. The end of this season would be too soon. You want to put enough space between the events that the audience will be truly shocked at the reveal.

I hope we see [blackout]Coldhands[/blackout].

did the guy who got married and was taken away to be bedded (sorry I dont know the names yet) get killed?

Edmure Tully. [blackout]No, he's a captive now. His uncle, Brynden "Blackfish" who went to take a piss also isn't dead.[/blackout]

Can you give out more information on this character? Spoiler taged of course!

He's basically a good Wight in Night's Watch attire (most of his face is covered). He's working for the Three-Eyed Crow to bring Bran to him. Lot of theories as to who he is. They hinted at his appearance 2 episodes ago when all the crows were in the tree near Sam, a huge flock often follows him.

Late in the game discussing. But I'm on my GFs schedule for watching GoT. I have zero interest in watching it (I watch with her - couples thing). After reading all of the books I'm with the group of people that is over it.

Two things have struck me about GRRM:

1. His writing seems based on Law of Instrument. "I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail". That's why you see so many jokes about the end being "everyone dies".
  • A Broken Clock is Right Twice a Day. See Stark, Eddard, Wedding, Red.

Up to this point I thought he was a damn genius. Unfortunately he just keeps going back to this "death (and punishment) well" over and over again. It's like a cliche. I got conditioned to expect it and it just ruined the ride.

I've come to feel that (for me) he is a hack that got lucky with two story events and he's shown no ability to do anything else.

Note: the above is my opinion and is not better or more worthy then anyone who see's Martin as a genius

A lot of people on here have read the books, so I'd like to know what you folks think the audience will do moving forward. I can see my GF destroyed about this ep. Pissed. Etc. But she will keep going because let's be honest; at this point this series is ripping your heart out. The old "fool me once routine" would dictate no death will shock from here on in. TV audiences aren't book readers (yes that's a generality, there are lots of people that do both - I hope you get the point), and I don't think they'll stick this out like the book readers did. Thoughts?

[YT]yAyCpREHf6k[/YT]
I really hope a pair of those eyes belong to Walder Frey...

Late in the game discussing. But I'm on my GFs schedule for watching GoT. I have zero interest in watching it (I watch with her - couples thing). After reading all of the books I'm with the group of people that is over it.

Two things have struck me about GRRM:

1. His writing seems based on Law of Instrument. "I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail". That's why you see so many jokes about the end being "everyone dies".
  • A Broken Clock is Right Twice a Day. See Stark, Eddard, Wedding, Red.

Up to this point I thought he was a damn genius. Unfortunately he just keeps going back to this "death (and punishment) well" over and over again. It's like a cliche. I got conditioned to expect it and it just ruined the ride.

I've come to feel that (for me) he is a hack that got lucky with two story events and he's shown no ability to do anything else.

Note: the above is my opinion and is not better or more worthy then anyone who see's Martin as a genius

A lot of people on here have read the books, so I'd like to know what you folks think the audience will do moving forward. I can see my GF destroyed about this ep. Pissed. Etc. But she will keep going because let's be honest; at this point this series is ripping your heart out. The old "fool me once routine" would dictate no death will shock from here on in. TV audiences aren't book readers (yes that's a generality, there are lots of people that do both - I hope you get the point), and I don't think they'll stick this out like the book readers did. Thoughts?

His Hedge Knight stories are very entertaining and not just one death or miserable event after the other.

His Hedge Knight stories are very entertaining and not just one death or miserable event after the other.

So you're saying I should give him another shot? That he won't piss me off again? 'Cause I want guarantees :yay:

So you're saying I should give him another shot? That he won't piss me off again? 'Cause I want guarantees

They take place in Westeros, but are very different in tone. Much more adventuring and less politics and murder. I even remember a few of them ending happily. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"