Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're living in a time where shows like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, and Boardwalk Empire exist and do something you don't quite see in movies. :up:

And I am happy for it. These shows have all been great rides. :D

I liked this re-edit:

Spoilers, obviously

If we're talking re-edits:

MASSIVE SPOILERS:

Game of Thrones/Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Red Wedding

The Red Wedding: Tolerable Edition

Hah, "Yakety Sax".

I read the books years ago so it was fun seeing the reactions of various knights of summer on the internet. It helps recapture, vicariously, the feeling of seeing a grand masterstroke of a plot twist for the first time.

I wanna watch the Red Wedding sped-up to Benny Hill music. Please someone do that.

Game Of Thrones goes Gatsby

tumblr_m88nlyrp_PP1r6r5u7o1_500.jpg

Oh, I want to see Jamie Lannister on Boardwalk Empire now.

Well now I want to see Peter Dinklage play a film noir private detective.

Lets rank the three Episode 9's of the past 3 seasons.

For me:

Season 2: Ep 9 "Blackwater"
Season 3: Ep 9 "Rains of Castermere"
Season 1: Ep 9 "Baelor"

Lets rank the three Episode 9's of the past 3 seasons.

For me:

Season 2: Ep 9 "Blackwater"
Season 3: Ep 9 "Rains of Castermere"
Season 1: Ep 9 "Baelor"

Rewatched Baelor last night, lots of foreshadowing to Rains of Castamere.

Was epic then, but not so much now... since Ned is barely in the episode other than the beginning and the execution. While Rains let us have so many great moments with Rob, Cat, Telisa, and co before the whole ordeal.

I'm starting to think Lena Headey is trolling us

First she tweets about how much she's going to miss Michelle Fairley without mentioning Richard.

Then she does an interview where she says Fairley has a throat infection.

Feel throaty eh? Who else has problems with her throat? :cwink:

OK, maybe I'm reading too much into things just a little bit. :oldrazz:

OK, it just dawned on me; what happened to the groom who was taken off to the bedding ceremony with his new wife at the wedding; was he killed also..?

Killed or not, doesn't matter, had sex.

International numbers kill all the other shows too. I think it's safe to say it's universally more watched than any other show they've done.

I have to question how accurate those numbers are, given that Veep gets better live numbers than Girls. :o

I have to question how accurate those numbers are, given that Veep gets better live numbers than Girls. :o

Well they say they are from HBO themselves. I can't get past that Hung got better numbers than Curb.

I wanna watch the Red Wedding sped-up to Benny Hill music. Please someone do that.

That's what's in the Red Wedding: Tolerable Edition I just linked two posts before yours...

As to the viewership numbers, they're accurate. It was right behind True Blood for a long time the past two seasons, now it has finally surpassed it.

Keep in mind when they say 15 million they mean in all viewing markets total, not just the first-run east coast at 9:00. That's still only like, 2 or 3 million or 4 million or something. Which is still great numbers for premium cable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back