"Gotta Catch 'Em All" The Pokémon RPG OOC Thread.

Hey, BL, where's your app?!?!
I haven't applied yet, but I will after I catch up on all my posts. I'm behind because of the situation with my mom and her cancer surgery.

The only problem with that is i dont really know a whole lot about blue...but that was supposed to be Gary...right...and he was an ass, i dont like him...lol
Argh ...

Gary and Blue are VERY different. Well yeah, both are kinda whiney, but at least Blue kicked ass in a battle :oldrazz:

I'm imagining a more mature Blue, after having lost the position of League Champion to Red. Well, I also see him with a bit of angst (I said the A word! :wow:) and revenge as well. Of course thats just my interpretation of him, someone else could go with something totally different.

RED POST!!!:cmad::angry:
Yeah go do a Red post Marko! :o

That does remind me: will anyone actually be picking up Red in this RPG? :huh:

I haven't applied yet, but I will after I catch up on all my posts. I'm behind because of the situation with my mom and her cancer surgery.
Sorry to hear that about your mom BL, hope everything turns out alright :csad:

Same here blacklight...my grandma went through the same thing...everything will go fine. And thats why were her for you...

I dont know, characer wise i am thinking of a dragon trainer...we can chose from generation 1 and 2 right...or is it 1-3??? That might change my decision

Same here blacklight...my grandma went through the same thing...everything will go fine. And thats why were her for you...

I dont know, characer wise i am thinking of a dragon trainer...we can chose from generation 1 and 2 right...or is it 1-3??? That might change my decision
If you're looking to pick a Dragon trainer pick Lance.

icon11.gif
He was so badass.

Lance would like to have a word with you :o

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lance

Oh, and I think you're allowed Pokémon from any generation (but that its more preferable if you stay within Generation 1 and 2 Pokémon for the most part).

Lance was my first though, but as you all said, he was so badass... i wouldent dare butcher such a character...plus there is one spacific pokemon i want to chose, but i dont think the gms would let me have him...

If I picked up Red, would I be allowed to bypass the 'only one fully-evolved Pokémon' rule?

I ask because in GSC, his lineup was:
Pikachu
Espeon
Snorlax
Venusaur
Charizard
Blastoise
(Obviously, I would put three of them into storage.)

Lance was my first though, but as you all said, he was so badass... i wouldent dare butcher such a character...plus there is one spacific pokemon i want to chose, but i dont think the gms would let me have him...

Who?

If I picked up Red, would I be allowed to bypass the 'only one fully-evolved Pokémon' rule?

Pikachu
Espeon
Snorlax
Venusaur
Charizard
Blastoise

I'd say no to Rule-Breaking Red. Champions can start from scratch to reinvent themselves every once in a while.

Who?

I'd say no to Rule-Breaking Red. Champions can start from scratch to reinvent themselves every once in a while.
Lance he was the Fourth trainer you fight when you take on the elite four.

Yeah I second that.

Well...

Rayquaza.jpg

but it wouldent be for a long time, and it would be long after i build up my character...i was thinking of him seeing him ^^^ and having to make a choice...him or his longtime and always trusted, first ever pokemon...

Bagon.jpg

Lance he was the Fourth trainer you fight when you take on the elite four.

Yeah I second that.

I know who Lance is. BTW, I'm working on my Koga app as we speak! :wow:

Well...

Rayquaza.jpg

but it wouldent be for a long time, and it would be long after i build up my character...i was thinking of him seeing him ^^^ and having to make a choice...him or his longtime and always trusted, first ever pokemon...

Bagon.jpg

Sorry, no 'Quaza. You can go all Bagon if you like though.

Ani089MS.gif

I know who Lance is. BTW, I'm working on my Koga app as we speak! :wow:

Sorry, no 'Quaza. You can go all Bagon if you like though.

Ani089MS.gif

Ok, i will probly have my app up soon also...and what if i used quaza as an npp(nonplayer pokemon...lol) just a poke i meet up with...and i could do kinda the same story...just i wouldent catch him...like i said...it wouldent be till real late into the rpg...

Well...

Rayquaza.jpg

Bagon.jpg
Shouldn't his first ever Pokémon be a Generation 1 Dragon-type? I mean, that species didn't exist in Generation 1. I'd expect his first was either a Charmander or a Dratini myself :cwink:

And yeah, in the case of Red and the Elite Four, they can play from that "starting fresh" ordeal. In Red's case, I'd imagine he'd want to go out with three of his weaker Pokémon out into Johto to train them and catch all the new species out there.

Pikachu
Espeon
Snorlax
Venusaur
Charizard
Blastoise
Oh Eddie, wanted to point out to you that you can still have a Pikachu and Snorlax, as they're not evolved ... (not that you didn't know that :oldrazz:)

Also wanted to say I found this pretty cool image that could be used for the "banner" or whatever. Could just be a placeholder for later if someone thinks they can make a better one ;)

gymchallengebox.jpeg

CHARACTER APPLICATION

Your Name:
Eddie Brock Jr.

Name of Character(are they from the comics, show, or games??): Red

Brief Description of Character (history, personality, etc):
Red is a curious, young trainer who longs to see the world. Red strongly believes in loving your Pokémon and treating them with utmost care. For a time, Red was the Indigo League Champion - until he lost his title to Lance. Red then traveled to Johto, where he achieved equal success. After all this time, Red finally returned to his hometown of Pallet Town to assist Professor Oak in any way that he can.

Font (be specific.): Bold Red Trebuchet MS

Class (Gym Leader, Camper, PokéManiac, etc):
Pokémon Trainer

Where is your characters location at the moment?:
Pallet Town

Starter Pokemon(chose three):

Charizard
006.png

Ivysaur
002.png

Squirtle
007.png

If you have more in storage what are they (Max three to start):

Pikachu
025.png

Sandshrew
027.png

Pidgeotto
017.png

Why have you chosen this character?: He's the character that started it all. And he focuses on a balance - rather than one or two specific types.

Please provide a small sample post:

"Red!" Mom calls from downstairs, "Are you going to eat your lunch?"

I quickly grab my backpack filled with PokéBalls, Potions, and other important Items. As a habit, I check the inside of my vest for the eight Indigo League badges and the eight Johto League badges. All sixteen are accounted for, and so I am satisfied. I race down the stairs, sliding down the banister along the way - Mom hates that. I finally respond, "I really can't, Mom. I have to meet Professor Oak about an egg he discovered!"

Mom frowns because I can't stay, but then quickly smiles again. "Ok, I just don't want you working too hard," she insists. "Sometimes, you worry about Pokémon so much, I think that you'll forget to eat or sleep!"

I laugh. There is some truth to it, I guess. I mean, ever since I was a kid, all I've thought about is Pokémon. I spent a couple years traveling Kanto and Johto - in hot pursuit of the badges and, more importantly, rare Pokémon. But now, I've conquered both Leagues. I've seen some amazing Pokémon and met some even more amazing trainers along the way. Through trading and releasing, I have gotten down to six basic Pokémon. The rest I have entrusted to the Professor's care. And for the first time in my life, I can settle down and enjoy my hometown and everything it has to offer.

"There's really nothing to worry about, Mom."

Yet there's a part of me that feels like trouble is brewing on the horizon.

CHARACTER APPLICATION

Your Name:
Eddie Brock Jr.

Name of Character(are they from the comics, show, or games??): Red

Brief Description of Character (history, personality, etc):
Red is a curious, young trainer who longs to see the world. Red strongly believes in loving your Pokémon and treating them with utmost care. For a time, Red was the Indigo League Champion - until he lost his title to Lance. Red then traveled to Johto, where he achieved equal success. After all this time, Red finally returned to his hometown of Pallet Town to assist Professor Oak in any way that he can.

Font (be specific.): Bold Red Trebuchet MS

Class (Gym Leader, Camper, PokéManiac, etc):
Pokémon Trainer

Where is your characters location at the moment?:
Pallet Town

Charizard
006.png

Ivysaur
002.png

Squirtle
007.png

If you have more in storage what are they (Max three to start):

Pikachu
025.png

Sandshrew
027.png

Pidgeotto
017.png

Why have you chosen this character?: He's the character that started it all. And he focuses on a balance - rather than one or two specific types.

"Red!" Mom calls from downstairs, "Are you going to eat your lunch?"

I quickly grab my backpack filled with PokéBalls, Potions, and other important Items. As a habit, I check the inside of my vest for the eight Indigo League badges and the eight Johto League badges. All sixteen are accounted for, and so I am satisfied. I race down the stairs, sliding down the banister along the way - Mom hates that. I finally respond, "I really can't, Mom. I have to meet Professor Oak about an egg he discovered!"

Mom frowns because I can't stay, but then quickly smiles again. "Ok, I just don't want you working too hard," she insists. "Sometimes, you worry about Pokémon so much, I think that you'll forget to eat or sleep!"

I laugh. There is some truth to it, I guess. I mean, ever since I was a kid, all I've thought about is Pokémon. I spent a couple years traveling Kanto and Johto - in hot pursuit of the badges and, more importantly, rare Pokémon. But now, I've conquered both Leagues. I've seen some amazing Pokémon and met some even more amazing trainers along the way. Through trading and releasing, I have gotten down to six basic Pokémon. The rest I have entrusted to the Professor's care. And for the first time in my life, I can settle down and enjoy my hometown and everything it has to offer.

"There's really nothing to worry about, Mom."

Yet there's a part of me that feels like trouble is brewing on the horizon.

Looks good. Doesn't abuse the "No fully evolved Pokémon" rules loophole, and looks to be fairly well written.

KogaTCG1.jpg

Looks good. Doesn't abuse the "No fully evolved Pokémon" rules loophole, and looks to be fairly well written.

KogaTCG1.jpg
I must say, I was impressed at myself for how that sample turned out. I don't think I've done a post that well recently.

And as for his lineup, I went with the Smash Brothers lineup for the first three. And the ones in storage are to balance out the other Pokémon types.

Characters Application:

Your Name:
simonz43

Name of Character(are they from the comics, show, or games??): Draco

Brief Description of Character (history, personality, etc): Draco was born into a fairly poor family in Lavender Town. He grew up listenting to old stories, and lessons from Mr. Fuji. He had just got done with Mr. Fuji and gotten home when his parents began for fight. He ran away from his home as to not get in the middle of things. He was running alone through Rock Tunnel when he was attacked by a Onix. Not knowing what to do he ran back toward home, but just before the exit he tripped. As the Onix quickly aproched he did not know what to do, suddenly a Bagon came out of no where. Of all the stories Draco had heard he was sure that Bagon were never found here. He watched as the Bagon defended him, and he did not know why. Bagon was very agile and with a few swift headbutts had knocked onix to the ground. (basiclly, bagon saved draco...i think you all get that, and after words the two became attacted to eachother. It "seemed" fate had brought them together) Draco could not aford a pokeball so Bagon was has never been used to one. Now at his age of 19, him and Bagon have been together for nearly 10 years now. He lives with Bagon now in Saffron City, neighboring his current love intrest and fellow trainer Stephanie. When he hears of his fathers death, he has dreams of earning money(by battleing and eventualy going to battle the elite four, or whatever we have in here) for his still stuggling mother. He is even more motivated when he hears of his mothers recent illness.

Font (be specific.): Bold, Teal, Book Antiqua

Class (Gym Leader, Camper, PokéManiac, etc): Cool "Dragon" Trainer

Where is your characters location at the moment?: Saffron City

1. Bagon
Bagon.png

If you have more in storage what are they (Max three to start): None, as he has never really been a trainer, just when the occasion came to a battle he would.

Why have you chosen this character?: Cause i love dragons, excpecially Bagon, and i hope to bring a more mature feel to the RPG

Please provide a small sample post: Do i have to, can you just trust me on this...it took me like an hour...and if not i will edit it in in a day or two...(please gm's)

Characters Application:

Your Name: Superferret

Name of Character(are they from the comics, show, or games??): Koga of the Elite Four

Brief Description of Character (history, personality, etc): Koga's is called the Poisonous Ninja Master. He likes the despair and horror that Poison-type Pokémon can inflict on others. He has many students that he trains in both ninjutsu and Pokémon. One of his students is his own daughter. He has built invisible walls in the Fuchsia City gym, constructing a confusing maze out of them. Koga awaits challengers in the center of the maze, clearly visible.
Koga has seriously studied medicine and antidotes, and makes his own potions to heal his Pokémon. Koga patrols the grounds of the Safari Zone regularly.
In recent years, Koga has become much more powerful. He has left the Fuchsia City Gym in the hands of his daughter, Janine, and joined the Elite Four. In this position, he battles with an intricate style, designed to counfound and destroy his opponent in battle. His sinister technique is confusion, sleep, and poison, rather than brute force.

Font (be specific.): Bold Purple

Class (Gym Leader, Camper, PokéManiac, etc): Elite Four member/Gym Leader/Ninja

Where is your characters location at the moment?: Fushia City

1. Beedrill
015-m.png

2. Grimer
088-m.png

3. Ditto
132.png

If you have more in storage what are they (Max three to start): Koga has spent some years traveling to far off places, each time releasing his Pokémon and catching and training new ones in each region. As such he has no other Pokémon under his ownership. (His original Gym team has been given to his daughter Janine.)

Why have you chosen this character?: He makes for interesting Role-playing as his battling style and personal relationships are unpredictable. He was the most difficult Gym Leader in Red and Blue, and a huge pain in the ass in Gold and Silver. Plus, I like the guy.

FL_Safari_Zone.png

Safari Zone, Fushia City
11:16pm

Two shadowy men stalk the grounds of the Safari Zone, each wearing black suits and carrying two Pokéballs each on their belts. They shouldn’t be here, the park is closed.

“You think we’re gonna be lucky enough to find one?” asks one.

“Shh!” the other one replies, hastily adding in a harsh whisper, “You’re going to alert the warden.”

“Sorry.” The first one whispers back. The second one puts his finger to his lips and reaches for a Pokéball, taking one and tossing it to the ground, releasing the Pokémon inside.

043Oddish.png

“Oddish,” whispers the trainer, “use your Sweet Scent. Attract a Chansey for us to grab.”

“Yeah.” Adds the other man, but he’s quickly shushed by the Oddish’s trainer. The small Grass Pokémon starts to rock it’s head back and forth, waving it’s leaves around, releasing a sweet fragrance into the night air.

It’s not long before the two men hear something strange. A low buzzing noise that seems to come from everywhere at once.

“What’s tha-“ starts the louder man, who suddenly drops to the ground in a heap next to his ally, the Oddish trainer. Next the man’s Oddish is taken out by two long thin needles that seemed to suddenly appear in it’s side. The trainer looks up, and his eyes go wide with horror.

JimmysBeedrill.jpg

“We don’t take kindly to poachers here.” Came a soft, but firm, voice from directly behind the man. The would-be poacher turns and his horrified look turns to one of utter fear.

FL_Koga.png

“I, Koga of the Elite Four, am taking you down for the crime of poaching. Punishment will be swift.” And then the poacher collapses, joining his partner and Oddish in unconsciousness, two Twineedles piercing his back.

Koga kicks the man, rolling him over onto his back, crouching as his Beedrill lands beside him. “Hmm…” Koga mutters, feeling the fabric, “this is interesting.” Beedrill looks down to the man’s chest. Emblazoned on the man’s shirt was a large red R.

Characters Application:

Your Name:
simonz43

Name of Character(are they from the comics, show, or games??): Draco

Brief Description of Character (history, personality, etc): Draco was born into a fairly poor family in Lavender Town. He grew up listenting to old stories, and lessons from Mr. Fuji. He had just got done with Mr. Fuji and gotten home when his parents began for fight. He ran away from his home as to not get in the middle of things. He was running alone through Rock Tunnel when he was attacked by a Onix. Not knowing what to do he ran back toward home, but just before the exit he tripped. As the Onix quickly aproched he did not know what to do, suddenly a Bagon came out of no where. Of all the stories Draco had heard he was sure that Bagon were never found here. He watched as the Bagon defended him, and he did not know why. Bagon was very agile and with a few swift headbutts had knocked onix to the ground. (basiclly, bagon saved draco...i think you all get that, and after words the two became attacted to eachother. It "seemed" fate had brought them together) Draco could not aford a pokeball so Bagon was has never been used to one. Now at his age of 19, him and Bagon have been together for nearly 10 years now. He lives with Bagon now in Saffron City, neighboring his current love intrest and fellow trainer Stephanie. When he hears of his fathers death, he has dreams of earning money(by battleing and eventualy going to battle the elite four, or whatever we have in here) for his still stuggling mother. He is even more motivated when he hears of his mothers recent illness.

Font (be specific.): Bold, Teal, Book Antiqua

Class (Gym Leader, Camper, PokéManiac, etc): Cool "Dragon" Trainer

Where is your characters location at the moment?: Saffron City

1. Bagon
Bagon.png

If you have more in storage what are they (Max three to start): None, as he has never really been a trainer, just when the occasion came to a battle he would.

Why have you chosen this character?: Cause i love dragons, excpecially Bagon, and i hope to bring a more mature feel to the RPG

Please provide a small sample post: Do i have to, can you just trust me on this...it took me like an hour...and if not i will edit it in in a day or two...(please gm's)

Looks good so far, but you do need that sample post.

Well guys, I'm off for the night. See you all tomorrow or something.

Alright, im off till tomorrow, and its the weekend so i will get the sample post up real soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"