"Gotta Catch 'Em All" The Pokémon RPG OOC Thread.

Characters Application:

Your Name:
Lord Doom

Name of Character(are they from the comics, show, or games??): Black (original character)

Brief Description of Character (history, personality, etc): Black is a pokemon trainer and a brilliant young scientist. In fact, he was one of the top scientists involved in the creation of Mew-Two. He is a very evil human being and speaks rather softly, yet harshly. He is known for performing experiments on his pokemon - particularly Blaziken - in an attempt to increase their abilities. He is wanted in several regions for murder, arsony, and many other horrible crimes.
He is currently on the hunt for Mew-Two.

Font (be specific.):
Palatino Linotype, bold, black.
Class (Gym Leader, Camper, PokéManiac, etc):
Trainer/Scientist
Where is your characters location at the moment?:
Viridian City
Starter Pokemon(chose three):

Blaziken

2. Umbreon

3. Ghastly

If you have more in storage what are they (Max three to start):
N/A
Why have you chosen this character?:
I wanted to make a badass villain for this game.
Please provide a small sample post:

Black approached the gates to Viridian City, hiding his face under his black baseball cap.

"Hold it!" someone shouted and Black stopped dead in his tracks. He turned back to the officer who had addressed him.

"Can I help you?"

"I need to see your I.D., sir. There's a vicious criminal roaming around and we don't want to miss him if he passes by. Safey first, you know?"

Black nodded.

"Of course, of course... Are there no other officers here, today?"

The man shook his head.

"No, we've been pretty dull around here, lately. I'm the only one assigned to this post."

"I see..."

Black handed the officer his I.D. to which the man could only stare in horror.

"YOU'RE... You're...!" he stammered.

Black nodded slowly and a firey fist erupted from the officer's chest. Blood spewing from his lips, the poor policeman could only gape at his killer - one: a Blaziken; the other: a trainer in black grinning down at him.

Darkness soon took its hold on the doomed policeman.

Do you know how to post pictures on Hype?!
But of course.

785ad579cfe3054ce5d0948deb92f523.png

How you guys like it??

Lord Doom you are approved.

Glad to see another villain in this RPG

Giovanni will be sure to get in contact with Black! :woot:

I'm thinking my next Blue post (who'll just be getting in Viridian City) will include him trying to hunt after Black, if that's ok with you :cwink:

Oh, and I'm glad everyone found the Trainer Card site useful.

I forget, since this RPG had a gap of inactivity...but did we ever decide about the levels and what not? Or could you just use any move that the Pokemon are capable of?

I forget, since this RPG had a gap of inactivity...but did we ever decide about the levels and what not? Or could you just use any move that the Pokemon are capable of?
No we didn't. This needs decided upon!

I'd actually be fine if we're allowed to use any of the moves that that Pokemon is supposed to have (with TMs giving our Pokemon moves that it wouldn't learn naturally).

Then again, how will Power Points (PP) work?

That's ASH!!! :cmad:

This is Red...

frlgemtr135.png

:oldrazz:
The problem with Pokecharms' Trainer Card Creator is that it doesn't include FireRed or LeafGreen sprites :csad:

However, I'd love to edit your Trainer Card Eddie if you'd like. I edited my Trainer Cards for Giovanni and Blue with their respective FireRed/LeafGreen sprites.

Btw are you gonna join in the RPG Blacklight? You said you would eventually earlier in the OOC ;)

I'm thinking on whether or not I want to go original character or pick up Gold.

So guys...I know only Gens I and II Pokemon are allowed unless you get GM approval as I did with Gens III and IV...but what about catching Pokemon from Gens III and IV? Does catching them also need approval by GM? Also, I was curious how flexible we could be with where they are located, since the region for this RPG is Kanto I believe.

If none of you noticed, that trainer card I made of Vincent depicts the 6 Pokemon he will eventually have. The last two being Gens III and IV Pokemon:

e910586e066253283d2694d24e8cbbbd.png

EDIT: Out of sheer fact that my character is a sprite of Gary considering he had the clothes I wanted...I'll be fixing that in photoshop later today. :O

trustyside-kick:
Giovanni is on Cinnabar Island, and your character Vincent Rivers is on the Seafoam Islands. Although I doubt Vincent would want to be meeting up with Rockets, it would give for some nice character interaction. Interested? Either I find a reason for Giovanni to go to the Seafoam Islands, or you bring Vincent to Cinnabar?

We should do a team up eventually. Jinn my want more badges but his top priority is rare Pokemon.

Do you guys wants to have this occur at the same time? All Jinn would have to do is get his character to Cinnabar for some reason as well. Could be interesting that way. Especially since Vincent would only be tracing Articuno's activities by the water, and no inland where Jinn would most likely be about.

Glad to see another villain in this RPG

Giovanni will be sure to get in contact with Black! :woot:

I'm thinking my next Blue post (who'll just be getting in Viridian City) will include him trying to hunt after Black, if that's ok with you :cwink:

Oh, and I'm glad everyone found the Trainer Card site useful.
Thanks.
icon14.gif

Yeah, Jinn said he wanted our characters to interact soon but I would enjoy meeting up with Blue, so it's okay with me.

So guys...I know only Gens I and II Pokemon are allowed unless you get GM approval as I did with Gens III and IV...but what about catching Pokemon from Gens III and IV? Does catching them also need approval by GM? Also, I was curious how flexible we could be with where they are located, since the region for this RPG is Kanto I believe.
I've barely played FireRed and LeafGreen, so I'm not sure if Kanto even contains Gen III or IV Pokemon. Maybe the Mudkip and Turtwig were shipped to Kanto somehow?

If none of you noticed, that trainer card I made of Vincent depicts the 6 Pokemon he will eventually have. The last two being Gens III and IV Pokemon:

e910586e066253283d2694d24e8cbbbd.png

EDIT: Out of sheer fact that my character is a sprite of Gary considering he had the clothes I wanted...I'll be fixing that in photoshop later today. :O
Isn't Vincent supposed to be 20? You may need to make him look alittle older :oldrazz:

Do you guys wants to have this occur at the same time? All Jinn would have to do is get his character to Cinnabar for some reason as well. Could be interesting that way. Especially since Vincent would only be tracing Articuno's activities by the water, and no inland where Jinn would most likely be about.
Actually I was hoping Giovanni could meet Vincent before Jinn. Considering Giovanni is already on Cinnabar, and the fact that Jinn is in the middle of a battle in Viridian Forest, I'd rather not have Giovanni NPCing for another 2-3 IC pages, waiting for Jinn to arrive ...

Oh and Lord Doom, I just read your IC post. What happened with the murder in the sample post for Black? When did the event occur? Did it happen awhile ago, or has it not happened yet? I need to know this for my next Blue post.

I've barely played FireRed and LeafGreen, so I'm not sure if Kanto even contains Gen III or IV Pokemon. Maybe the Mudkip and Turtwig were shipped to Kanto somehow?

Sure. Considering the field that Vincent is in, that wouldn't be farfetched to occur. I just thought we were going to allow Gens III and IV in the Kanto Region as long as the GM and AGMs gave compliance. Obviously the kind of areas you would find them in the other games would be the kind of areas in this RPG.

But what do the GM and AGMs say about this? Jinn? Marko? SF?

Isn't Vincent supposed to be 20? You may need to make him look alittle older :oldrazz:

That's why I said I was going to edit in photoshop later in the day. I'll be editing the head, as well as the clothes slightly. Maybe even the card itself since he isn't a "Trainer", rather a "Pokémon Aide".

Actually I was hoping Giovanni could meet Vincent before Jinn. Considering Giovanni is already on Cinnabar, and the fact that Jinn is in the middle of a battle in Viridian Forest, I'd rather not have Giovanni NPCing for another 2-3 IC pages, waiting for Jinn to arrive ...

That's cool. I was just throwing it out there. Figured would make it more interesting that way. I'll have Vincent over at Cinnabar in a post or two.

Did you want Articuno to be nearby Cinnabar Island? Or did you just want Vincent there? I was thinking just Vince being there by mere irony since he is tracking the anamolies off the coast that he thinks Articuno is behind.

Did you want Articuno to be nearby Cinnabar Island? Or did you just want Vincent there? I was thinking just Vince being there by mere irony since he is tracking the anamolies off the coast that he thinks Articuno is behind.
Just Vincent. Better we leave the Legendaries out of the main plotline for now. Vincent correlating the beach anomalies with Articuno is a good idea though :yay:

(Also want to keep MissingNo a secret for awhile still)

Just so you know as I'm working on my next post, when I mention the local Gym on the island...it isn't the kind where you challenge the Gym Leader and win a badge.

Oh and Lord Doom, I just read your IC post. What happened with the murder in the sample post for Black? When did the event occur? Did it happen awhile ago, or has it not happened yet? I need to know this for my next Blue post.
It's already happened. It happened shortly before Black met up with Cobalt.

Wow.. I'm glad this is getting activity.

Here's my opinion on a few things. There are no levels. I'm only allowing four moves per pokemon, but, there is no PP. Now, there aren't any TM's but you can get pokemon to learn different moves by training them. Now for Gen 3 and 4. No catching. If you acquire them some other ways that is fine. But you need GM approval.

Jinn is going to Pallet Town. He will meet up with Oak. You'll get a little bit of his history then he's going to Pewter City where he'll battle Brock and begin his journey. Anyone who wants to team up while he's traveling is fine.

I have decided!

Characters Application:

Your Name: Blacklight

Name of Character(are they from the comics, show, or games??): Tyson (original trainer)

Brief Description of Character (history, personality, etc): Tyson just recently began his journey when he turned 14. It's a complicated story, because when he started out, he traveled along side his father in Johto, whereas his father in Kanto when he was his age. Tyson aspired to be just like his father, and caught similar pokemon from when he started out (a fire-type starter, a wild pokemon and a baby pokemon hatched from an egg). But things all changed when Tyson's father died, leaving his cache of all eight of his own Kanto Badges. This was when Tyson embarked on his quest to live up to his father's legacy, while also investigating his death. So far he's beaten Falkner and Bugsy to get their badges. Next is Goldenrod City. But what Tyson doesn't know, is that people are watching over him. Some want to help him, like the mysterious person who gave him three extra pokemon by leaving them in his inbox in Bill's Computer Pokemon Storage System, and some want to hurt him in their vendetta against his father, and soon he's about to find out: Things aren't always as they appear...

Font (be specific.): Crimson Microsoft Sans Serif Bold

Class (Gym Leader, Camper, PokéManiac, etc): Regular Trainer? :huh:

Where is your characters location at the moment?: On his way to Goldenrod City to attain his third Badge.

Starter Pokemon(chose three):

1. Cyndaquil (Male)

2. Larvitar (Male)

3. Riolu (Male)

If you have more in storage what are they (Max three to start):

Besides his three, he has his fathers Charmander (M), Nidoran (M) and Pichu (M) on his person. Also, in storage, Tyson has twin brother and sister Eevees and a Spinarak (F) left in his Bill Box by an unknown benefactor to Tyson's quest.

Why have you chosen this character?: As much as I would like to play Gold, I wanted to take a chance at making a character with almost all my favorite Pokemon, instead of the few that Gold is limited to. Tyson is also a character who's story is filled of mystery, action, and redemption.

Please provide a small sample post:

You know it's not easy living up to a legend. Especially if that legend was your father. Your mentor. It'd be different if your predecessor didn't even know who you were. Then you wouldn't expect anything fro them. My father was different. He looked at me and saw someone who will do all the things he's done and more. Don't get me wrong: I want to be that. But dreaming of it and doing it are two completely different things. But knowing my father, as well as knowing myself, I'll manage...

"Hey you!"

I was walking along Route 34 up towards Goldenrod City when a small boy ran up to me, smelling of arrogance and cockiness...

You know how this goes. He wants a battle. You agree. His Pokemon are weaker than yours. You crush him. He cries, and gets out of your way. Annoying, right? Neccessary? Not really, but I'll tell you one thing. It is for me. My father has always told me "Every little step, every little battle, helps you reach your destiny...". That's why, no matter how annoying the person, no matter how weak the pokemon, I fight as many battles as I can.

I look at the kid, and he signals me to pick first. Knowing battles like this, he'll have some weak tiny Pokemon that I'll be able to take out in no time. So the decision of which of my pokemon to use becomes a matter of who do I want to earn the experience and look good. I figure maybe Riolu or Pichu, since they need the practice, but they're still only baby pokemon. Maybe Nidoran or Larvitar, since they're both pretty solid to use. No. It's down to either Charmander or Cyndaquil...

"Cyndaquil! Go!"

The pokeball released Cyndaquil in a flash of light.

"Quiiiiiiiil!!" he cried before the spots on his back erupted in flames.

I awaited the boys choice. He's got four pokemon. I could tell since they were right there on his belt. He plucked one out and chuckled.

"Go! Feraligatr!"

The same flash of light revealed the hulking blue water-type Pokemon. My eyes immediately grew wider. I was proven wrong. Not to mention wickedly outmatched.

"RRRRRAAAAWWWWRRRRR!!!!!!"

Damn I hate it when I'm wrong....

Do you know how to post pictures on Hype?!

d085e9056d0a3787554762ab2f702552.png

Jinn I hope you don't mind me having Riolu since Tyson got it from an egg, and he wont be evolving into Lucario for a long long time.

Jinn I hope you don't mind me having Riolu since Tyson got it from an egg, and he wont be evolving into Lucario for a long long time.
Couple of things: Isn't Lucario a Legendary. (Not knowledgeable bout Gen 4) I'f not you can't have Riolu.... Yet, let him start out as an egg then go from there.
Plus, the RPG takes place in Kanto. So you'll be missing out on a lot.

Nope Lucario isn't legendary. In the game he doesn't even rate as a pseudo-legendary like Dragonite and Salamence do. His stats are good but not great, the big thing is he's a fighter/steel type and is the only Pokemon that gets Aura Sphere before lvl. 90. Which is a favorite move of mine lol. I mean a fighting move with a base damage of 90 and never misses what's not to like.

And Jinn if it's cool with you I think Lawson may be tagging along a bit longer past Viridian a chance to meet "the" Professor Oak, how could he pass that up.

Couple of things: Isn't Lucario a Legendary. (Not knowledgeable bout Gen 4) I'f not you can't have Riolu.... Yet, let him start out as an egg then go from there.
Plus, the RPG takes place in Kanto. So you'll be missing out on a lot.
Technically Lucario isn't a legendary, since Legendaries have no evolution lines. It also says on his Bulbapedia page that Lucario is the only non-legendary that knows "Aura Sphere" attack:

Lucario are sensitive to a special type of energy called aura. Lucario can study these waves to predict the movements of their opponents, and use them to track anyone. They can also guide the waves offensively to create explosive balls of aura energy (such as Aura Sphere, one of only two non-legendaries to learn that move). Lucario are also able understand human speech; some people say that Lucario can also speak it, though only one has reportedly done so.

and here's some more convincing evidence:

Before Pokémon Diamond and Pearl were released, many believed Lucario to be a legendary Pokémon, based on its starring role in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. This has since been proven untrue, as it is readily available in the Generation IV games, and even evolves from a Pokémon, Riolu.
This makes it the first non-legendary Pokémon to be in a central role in a Pokémon movie.

Here's the link to his page: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lucario_(Pokémon)

And although Johto maybe my primary focus of Tyson's quest, he'll definately be coming to Kanto sometime soon (and a few times after that) to help him solve the mystery of his father's death, so i'll definately be getting some action there.:up:

Also as I said above, I don't plan on having Riolu evolve for a while.:yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"