Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry's physique is more like a body builder.
i thought many of us didn't want superman to get that big. :D

Funny thing is, he wasn't even that big actually. The article says that he topped out at 187-190lb, which is crazy considered he is 6'1''. For Batman Begins, Bale, who is 6' even, topped out at 200lb+ (as seen during the League training montage) before slimming down to a leaner 190lb for shirtless "Green Milk"/Polo?/Pushups scene. I think it's just that Henry has amazing genetics in terms of proportions, frame and muscle bellies (shape). Essentially, because of naturally broad his shoulders are and how narrow his waist is, every ounce of muscle on Cavill pops. I'm maybe half an inch shorter than Cavill and when I was in the best shape of my life before I injured by shoulder, I looked way smaller despite also being a very lean 190lb at the time.

During his bodybuilding days, Schwarzenegger was known for having a similar gift. Considering he was 6'2", Arnold's contest weight of 230-240lbs was surprisingly low given how much he outmassed his competitors. Was Jor-El sure that Kal-El was a natural birth because I would swear that he was genetically engineered... to be a bodybuilder.

Was Jor-El sure that Kal-El was a natural birth because I would swear that he was genetically engineered... to be a bodybuilder.

I know you're being tongue-in-cheek here, but if you don't mind me taking your statement on a more literal note, I think, considering that most of his ancestors, including his parents, were genetically engineered, Clark still carries superior genes even though he's a natural birth. It's literally in his blood.

I know you're being tongue-in-cheek here, but if you don't mind me taking your statement on a more literal note, I think, considering that most of his ancestors, including his parents, were genetically engineered, Clark still carries superior genes even though he's a natural birth. It's literally in his blood.

Lol. Tis true, but then he theoretically then should have superior genes for being a wimpy scientist if anything. (Although it was badass, still don't like how much ass Jor-El kicked considering what he was engineered to do in life)

By the way, man, I know you were big into the physique debates way back when, did you see the neat information I posted on the last page on Henry's training program from the latest Muscle & Fitness issue?

Lol. Tis true, but then he theoretically then should have superior genes for being a wimpy scientist if anything. (Although it was badass, still don't like how much ass Jor-El kicked considering what he was engineered to do in life)

By the way, man, I know you were big into the physique debates way back when, did you see the neat information I posted on the last page on Henry's training program from the latest Muscle & Fitness issue?

Well, they're supposed to be an advanced civilization, so I'd imagine that superior physicality is the norm on Krypton regardless of your profession. The notion that all scientists are wimpy is just an Earth-bound stereotype anyhow -- even though it's usually true. :hehe:

I skimmed it. Will have a more in-depth look in a bit.

Funny thing is, he wasn't even that big actually. The article says that he topped out at 187-190lb, which is crazy considered he is 6'1''. For Batman Begins, Bale, who is 6' even, topped out at 200lb+ (as seen during the League training montage) before slimming down to a leaner 190lb for shirtless "Green Milk"/Polo?/Pushups scene. I think it's just that Henry has amazing genetics in terms of proportions, frame and muscle bellies (shape). Essentially, because of naturally broad his shoulders are and how narrow his waist is, every ounce of muscle on Cavill pops. I'm maybe half an inch shorter than Cavill and when I was in the best shape of my life before I injured by shoulder, I looked way smaller despite also being a very lean 190lb at the time.

During his bodybuilding days, Schwarzenegger was known for having a similar gift. Considering he was 6'2", Arnold's contest weight of 230-240lbs was surprisingly low given how much he outmassed his competitors. Was Jor-El sure that Kal-El was a natural birth because I would swear that he was genetically engineered... to be a bodybuilder.
i don't think Arnold is 6'2". i have seen pic of him with Reeve. Reeve basically towering over him.

My brother met Arnold and says he's much shorter than he looks in films. So yeah I doubt he is or ever was 6'2." Doesn't even look that tall in films to me.

My brother met Arnold and says he's much shorter than he looks in films. So yeah I doubt he is or ever was 6'2." Doesn't even look that tall in films to me.

I heard that from someone who met him in person as well.

He's roughly around the same height as Jaimie Alexander, who is 5'9" -- maybe an inch taller. (She could be wearing heels though.)

Arnold+Schwarzenegger+Jaimie+Alexander+Premiere+UMWbcMrDWjvx.jpg

Last edited:

I don't have much of a gauge except for the people I know personally. My coworker is 6'2" and 210 lbs. He carries a bit of extra weight on him, but is very fit and does "boot camp" and Tough Mudder races whenever he can.

He does look to have a larger frame than Henry, though. Especially when you look at Henry's wrists compared to his forearm size in the shirtless shots. His wrists are ridiculously small compared to the rest of him. :funny: Normally that points to a hard gainer, which is perhaps why he had to be eating so much during the gaining phase.

Well, they're supposed to be an advanced civilization, so I'd imagine that superior physicality is the norm on Krypton regardless of your profession. The notion that all scientists are wimpy is just an Earth-bound stereotype anyhow -- even though it's usually true. :hehe:
Hey, I work in a lab and I know there's a contingent of scientists here who do "boot camp." I can squat more than my body weight. :jedi:

But yes, looking around to the older scientists....that's usually true. :o

Also, I just came back from a Hollywood bar for a networking meetup. There are still some fiiiiine restaurant hosts here, even if Henry isn't one of them anymore. :funny:

Who do you think was actually bigger cavill in Mos or Bale in begins? Their height difference is probably pretty negligible?

batmanbeginschristianbale.jpg

bbextra032fz6.jpg

Cavill's beard probably added to his weight though.

They both look roughly the same in terms of weight and body fat percentage. Cavill's chest was a bit bigger though, but that could just be genetics.

I don't have much of a gauge except for the people I know personally. My coworker is 6'2" and 210 lbs. He carries a bit of extra weight on him, but is very fit and does "boot camp" and Tough Mudder races whenever he can.

He does look to have a larger frame than Henry, though. Especially when you look at Henry's wrists compared to his forearm size in the shirtless shots. His wrists are ridiculously small compared to the rest of him. :funny: Normally that points to a hard gainer, which is perhaps why he had to be eating so much during the gaining phase.

I told you his wrists were smaller compared to the rest of him way back when! You disagreed with me. :argh: :yay:

What do you think of Hoechlin as the new Batman, btw?

I told you his wrists were smaller compared to the rest of him way back when! You disagreed with me. :argh: :yay:

What do you think of Hoechlin as the new Batman, btw?
Did I? I don't remember at all. :funny:

Hoechlin looks too pretty for me, but at least he has an edge. Unlike say, Zac Efron. :funny:

Did I? I don't remember at all. :funny:

Actually you didn't completely disagree. Here's what you said, "His wrists look perfectly normal-sized to me, definitely not "small," although they do look kind of funny being attached to such huge forearms."

Hoechlin looks too pretty for me, but at least he has an edge. Unlike say, Zac Efron. :funny:

I think he has a kind of dark, menacing vibe to him though. As far as his looks go, that's all the better for the playboy Bruce persona.

Cavill looked great as Superman. I loved when the guy shoved him and it was like shoving a steel wall. Definitely smallville like.

Cavill looked great as Superman. I loved when the guy shoved him and it was like shoving a steel wall. Definitely smallville like.

Yeah, that was a great scene.

Actually you didn't completely disagree. Here's what you said, "His wrists look perfectly normal-sized to me, definitely not "small," although they do look kind of funny being attached to such huge forearms."
So I wasn't totally disagreeing. :oldrazz: His forearms really were huge, especially in motion....

I think he has a kind of dark, menacing vibe to him though. As far as his looks go, that's all the better for the playboy Bruce persona.
I still think of him as that cute kid in Road to Perdition. He needs to stop doing CW teen shows and get himself a part like American Psycho. :funny:

So I wasn't totally disagreeing. :oldrazz: His forearms really were huge, especially in motion....

I still think of him as that cute kid in Road to Perdition. He needs to stop doing CW teen shows and get himself a part like American Psycho. :funny:

Yeah, Road to Perdition is where I know him from. When I first saw him act in that film, I remember thinking this kid has Batman or Nightwing potential. I agree about the CW shows. Kid's gotta eat though. lol

Or like something that's not ridiculously overrated by the Hype. :o

You might as well add me to that Man-Crush list too. Cavill is a gorgeous man but I sincerely like Henry for his down-to-earth demeanor and humble attitude. Upon hearing all of these stories involving co-stars to regular joes, I wish him nothing but the best in life. He deserves it. Henry has got himself a life-long fan. :up: :awesome:

Tyler Hoechlin as Batman? Dear god that sounds like an awful idea. He's not an awful actor from what I seen but I want someone better. And it has nothing to do with him being on a T.V show, Cavill was on a T.V show and he's an awesome Superman. I just don't think Hoechlin is right or good enough for the role.

You might as well add me to that Man-Crush list too. Cavill is a gorgeous man but I sincerely like Henry for his down-to-earth demeanor and humble attitude. Upon hearing all of these stories involving co-stars to regular joes, I wish him nothing but the best in life. He deserves it. Henry has got himself a life-long fan. :up: :awesome:

Add me to the Man-Crush list too. Agree 100% with everything you said.

It's amazing what a nice guy Henry seems to be. Hearing everyone constantly mention how good-looking you are would probably go to a lot of people's heads, but I feel he has this humility that probably comes from the fact that he was called "Fat Cavill" as a kid.

That story about a young Henry meeting Russell Crowe never gets old. Crowe told it so well on The Graham Norton Show interview. It's just another thing that makes it feel like this particular movie was meant to be.

I would love to know what anybody who went to school with Henry thinks about the fact that Fat Cavill is now Superman. :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"