In Brightest day.. The Official Hal Jordan Thread

Since Bradley Cooper probably has a contract with Marvel that prevents him from doing other comic book characters for DC/Sony/Fox and Ryan Reynolds is out, I'm on the Chris Pine or Jake Gyllenhaal bandwagon. Think Gyllenhaal is the better actor but Pine is the better fit for Hal. I think either would do well in the role.

Scott Eastwood is probably playing a reoccurring military character, don't think he'll end up being Hal Jordan. Though he would be an OK choice.

I really believe Hal Jordan and Barry Allen are going to be in the cinematic universe, to add a bit of levity and comedic value to the Justice League, in order to balance the team dynamics.

"We don't have comedy in our DC movies, they are edgier than Marvel's" - Warner Bros. If Hal Jordan is in the movies, expect him to be "gritty". WB would never have Batman get trolled by Jordan every two minutes. Such a shame, because Hal is pretty much the only one who doesn't put with with his crap.

It's cute that you're posting a rumor from a clickbait site as a quote from WB. :lmao: :doh:

Last edited:
"We don't have comedy in our DC movies, they are edgier than Marvel's" - Warner Bros. If Hal Jordan is in the movies, expect him to be "gritty". WB would never have Batman get trolled by Jordan every two minutes. Such a shame, because Hal is pretty much the only one who doesn't put with with his crap.

Johnny? Are you sure youre not Joey from Friends?

quotes.gif

quotes are hard

I'm sure. :) Should I imagine who you might be or is it totally useless? ;)

Last edited:
It's cute that you're posting a rumor from a clickbait site as a quote from WB. :lmao: :doh:

Actually it was a quote from a Whedon interview. He said he would love to do a DC movie but he wouldn't be able to put jokes in it because DC would tell him they don't do that there. The man was obviously kidding and so was I. Seeing people like you fall for it is kind of cute for sure. :)

Last edited:
Well, just leave it like that, pal :funny:

Last edited:
Did you miss the part where I acknowledged that he was kidding, "pal"? It is not my fault that you can't read between the lines and decide to take seriously a comment that was hardly meant to be taken seriously. You are such a clown, son. :)

Last edited:
Well... you didn't sound as you were kidding in your first post. Don't make excuses... At least acknowledge that you thought it was an official quote :shrug:

There is nothing to acknowledge and I don't make excuses for anything. Putting something in quotation marks does not mean I legitimately believe in what was said. Joss Whedon made a joke about WB's perceived mindset towards their movie universe and I repeated it. That was the point of the comment, I thought enough people would remember the Whedon joke without me needing to acknowledge his name in the original comment. The only official quote by WB that I personally recall was when their president recently said that "You need to take advantage of the diversity between these characters". Which also may or may not point towards them using John Stewart over Hal Jordan in the movies, but that's a speculation for a different time.

I like Pine for the role, if it's Hal. But I also like Jensen Ackles. He has very good comedic timing. Not Over the top, but the sarcastic type that would fit well in the DCU

I want to see Hal and John, but manly cause I want to see idris

Pine is almost done deal with Steve Trevor. Ackless is a good choice tho.

Last edited:
Tatum dropped out of Gambit and I think he would work far better as Hal and in the buddy space cop ensemble format than he would have as the Cajun. Plus he has a very good relationship with WB's so let's see if they get him.

Jake G and McConaughey would work as Hal also!

I'd be down for Tatum as Hal, Guy, or Shazam (or Gambit).

I like the idea that someone brought up around here of an older Hal Jordan, who is a bit more weary and battle-scarred, and that's why they would recruit John Stewart and Guy Gardner etc. Something major going on where they would need to build up the Corps.

I like the idea that someone brought up around here of an older Hal Jordan, who is a bit more weary and battle-scarred, and that's why they would recruit John Stewart and Guy Gardner etc. Something major going on where they would need to build up the Corps.

It would make sense to have Jordan promoted to GL Honor Guard and train someone to take his place as the Sector 2814 GL.

CMYXVbcWIAQtl6z.jpg

This guy is so Hal. :o

Yep, Matt Bomer seems like a fine choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"