In Brightest day.. The Official Hal Jordan Thread

I'd like to see a young actor for Hal, don't agree with the nominations for using a middle aged or near middle aged actor for the character.
Though the choice does make sense with an over 40 years old Batman.

Hal, Ollie, Bruce and Arthur are generally portrayed as some of more mature (age wise) members of the League. It makes sense imo for to Hal to be around Bruce's age.

Damon as Hal would really be perfect

Oh, the "drone pilot" in BvS? I'm surprised some people still believe that rumor. lol He is a Broadway actor and he will probably do well, but they would most likely go for a bit more high-profile casting. Aquaman, Flash and to a certain extent Wonder Woman are not played by A-listers too, but I doubt they would pull a Cyborg with Hal.

leo_dicaprio1_300_400.jpg

Dicaprio as Hal
and
another actor for John Stewart.. This can allow us to have the best and at the prime Hal Jordan... plus DiCaprio is a phenomenal actor and superstar too

Ever since seeing The Martian, I am totally high on the idea of Matt Damon as Hal. Since Ben's Batman, he could have a chance of convincing him to take the role.

Matt Damon as Hal really is perfect. I want an older veteran Hal and who better than Matt Damon? Hal and Batman always argue too so that would be fun to see Damon and Affleck going at it

Sam Claflin for Hal Jordan. He's just turned 30 so hey, he's of a decent age. I actually wanted him for Aquaman originally.

I don't like that choice at all, he's just wrong for Hal Jordan. Wouldn't mind him being in the DCEU but I don't see Hal in him at all

I want an older Hal. Someone who can be a foil for Affleck's Bruce.

I want to see a pilot who's old enough to have actually flown in a real dogfight.

A veteran of an age where fighter jets weren't run by computers.

A man who will call Bruce on his paranoid BS once in awhile.

And I don't care that he was already in TDK.

aaron-eckhart,-leather-jacket-239873.jpg

latest

What about Luke Evans for Hal? Presence, physique and he can act... also he has connection with Cavill..
bye_luke.png

He was my pick for Bruce before Affleck was announced.

If they are going for an older veteran Hal, Eckhart is a great pick. He could use a career resurgence after that awful Frankenstein movie too.

For a younger Hal, I still like Jake Gyllenhaal and Sam Caflin. Luke Evans is good but I'd prefer him to play a darker character.

I still maintain that Jordan should be a young guy in this universe. He can be similar to how he was in the Green Lantern animated series. He was neither a rookie, nor a veteran there, he was experienced and clearly had been a GL for some time but he was still a young dude in his prime. Also, a younger Hal calling an older Bats out on his nonsense would be even more priceless.

Last edited:
No to Eckhart, the TDK connection is toooooo much.

Damon for an older Hal, it's perfect

I have a problem getting behind Damon simply because he looks too much like Guy Gardner, lol.

tom cruise as hal jordan
matt damon as guy gardner
michael.b.jordan as john stewart.

3 names and already broke the movie budget lol

I'm guessing there are going to be a lot of people nominating Krasinski after that Micheal Bay movie?

Ditto. Most of their casting choices so far seem to be either relatively unknown actors or total newcomers. Affleck is the only A-lister in the Justice League line-up. They don't need a well-known actor for Hal Jordan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"