Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Yooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

An actual illustrated poster for a big budget blockbuster film? Can it be???

View attachment 63869

Man, between this and all of the Star Wars announcements, I’m having a really great birthday so far. :jd::D
Yes, amazing day so far. I didn’t even know Celebration was on today and woke up in a daze and flurry of news. Hope you have a great birthday mate!!

High res!

IJ_DOD_Payoff_1-Sht_v4_lg.jpg
A real, illustrated poster!?!?! :eek: They really know how to sell me.

Are they expensive? Why did studios stop doing them?
Probably because Photoshop became a thing. And while I doubt these are really that expensive compared to what's spent on the marketing of movies on the whole, I think it's a safe bet that they're still more expensive than copy/pasting/doctoring existing pics lol.

Probably because Photoshop became a thing. And while I doubt these are really that expensive compared to what's spent on the marketing of movies on the whole, I think it's a safe bet that they're still more expensive than copy/pasting/doctoring existing pics lol.
Seems like a false economy for big studio films. The photoshop stuff is often negative marketing that puts people off whereas this is a boost for a small fraction of the overall studio budget as you say. I used to collect large posters of classic films but it became pointless for modern films.

I love how dark the poster is. Is not colorful or shiny but moody and old school.

I think painted posters are less to do with cost (as compared to a marketing budget, a painted poster is likely pretty cheap) and more to do with how posters became simpler and more immediate.

So much detail is lost on a streaming thumbnail, on phones, etc.

A digital poster with a large face/image or a collage of recognizable faces, done in the most cleaned-up way possible for peak recognition, is far more desirable for a major film studio.

Film posters became cheap looking but what we see a majority of the time is much more easily digestible for a wandering eye.

That new trailer is pretty awesome and has actually gotten me kind of hyped to finally see this. Damn, now I'm really looking forward to revisiting those first four movies in June.

I haven't rewatched any of them in a very long time.

Anybody else find it refreshing how there's not many new shots in this trailer? They're clearly keeping a lot under wraps for this film and I find that exciting.

a perfect sweet spot. and the longest film in the franchise too!

Literally saw someone say Indy falling out of that plane with Helena is too over the top and silly while defending the inflatable raft sequence from TOD. This series has always had over the top moments.

Jumping out of an airplane with a parachute?

Too far fetched - I mean, who does that? And LIVES??

The raft is faaaaar more believable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"