James Bond In Skyfall - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the most awesome one. :o:up:

I'll never be happy until Radiohead does a Bond Theme...

Yeah, but then we'll have to hear her whine about it in interviews for the next two years.

I don't know if she has been chosen or if she was just working on something to present to them in hopes of getting the nod. But I've heard the producers say they'd love to have her and Forbes reported that she was working on the theme so we shall see

Jamiroquai should've made a Bond theme long time ago.

Adele has said she is working on the theme....
No she hasnt. Only thing she has said on any movie theme matter is on the Jonathan Ross show last winter where she said she had auditioned or something like that to do a theme.

No she hasnt. Only thing she has said on any movie theme matter is on the Jonathan Ross show last winter where she said she had auditioned or something like that to do a theme.

Which lots of people do. Blondie did one for "For Your Eyes Only" but it wasn't used in the end. You can still hear it on one of their albums or youtube though.

yeah that's what I meant...guess I should have been a little more clear. Just because she is working on one, doesn't mean it will be used...

Muse *was* my pick but their latest album with all that dubstep **** has turned me off. Dont get me wrong I like dubstep. However this recent trend of nearly every band wanting to include dubstep in their material is getting annoying. Dubstep isnt meant for everyone and everything.

I like Muse and Dubstep....to an extent. Not sure I'd like the two together....

May I say the song for the Quantum of Solace main titles was crap?

^ Yes you may, and I for one wholeheartedly agree! It was way over produced and would have been alot better if they had just scaled back all the tracks used in it I think. Just a guitar and one person singing would have done wonders with that song.

Well Olga Kurylenko looked like she could've been one of the hottest Bond girls. As an actress she is very hot. But her actual role was rather bland and didn't really make the best use of her. I think "hottest Bond girl" depends on a lot more than just the actress playing them when it comes to the actual film.

Her role was not bland. It actually had some depth unlike most of the Bond girls. What, it was bland because she didn't get naked and actually had a role outside of making those attracted to females excited?

In terms of simple beauty however, there is Olga and then there is everyone else.

Last edited:
Actually, thinking about it, I'd be inclined to say that James Bond probably *is* the "original action hero." Or at the very least, I suspect that James Bond and the spaghetti westerns between them provided the foundation of what we would now recognize as the action movie.

Actually, I am inclined to suggest watching film made before the 1960s. The serials that inspired Star Wars and Indiana Jones are two places to start.

Come to think of it, great as Adele may be, I think I'd rather hear Florence and the Machine do a Bond theme... I'm just loving everything I hear from her these days. :up:

Come to think of it, great as Adele may be, I think I'd rather hear Florence and the Machine do a Bond theme... I'm just loving everything I hear from her these days. :up:

That's a good shout that...

I absolutely loathe that crooning witch.

/personalopinionobviously

iXr7XzEzoMvLl.gif

Actually, I am inclined to suggest watching film made before the 1960s. The serials that inspired Star Wars and Indiana Jones are two places to start.

I'd say the Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers were more inspiration than actual foundations of action hero movies.

Isn't that what he wrote? And what's the difference, anyway?

Nevermind, they did help make the foundations.

But I will admit in terms of the modern action hero, yeah, James Bond is up there.

A lot of action movies owe itself to Goldfinger which did raise the bar for all eventual action movies.

M: Where the Hell have you been?

Bond: Enjoying death.

Me: :woot:

May I say the song for the Quantum of Solace main titles was crap?

As a duet, I agree. Remove Jack White and the song is a million times better as evidenced in this video:

[YT]L-UNKqDGfTM[/YT]

It should've been a solo song from Alicia Keys to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"