Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many times Geoff Boucher's name has been mentioned in the trades (none) and he's leaps and bounds the most credible and important geek-centric journalist.

Didn't they credit him for all the TDKR scoops he got from Nolan (like the title of the movie)? Seems weird if they didn't.

Didn't they credit him for all the TDKR scoops he got from Nolan (like the title of the movie)? Seems weird if they didn't.

Doubt it. They credited LA Times, not him personally. The only reason Captain Maybe was NAMED in the trades is because he hounded them over and over until they added it in. Anyone can email/call the writers at Variety, THR and Deadline their contact info is right n their sites.

Try to find other instances where the trades cite someone's name with a scoop/rumor. It doesn't happen unless the writer insists on it. It also doesn't happen because the best journalists care more about promoting their sites, not themselves.

But what do I know, I'm not getting "six figure offers" like some people.

Timeline (latest version):

(A) -> Best sources (well-known trades like The Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, Variety)
(a) -> Other great sources (other trades, magazines, newspapers, newswires, reliable persons like Geoff Boucher)

March 10, 2010
(a) Christopher Nolan takes flight with Superman: ‘We have a fantastic story’ [UPDATED]
June 4, 2010
(a) Christopher Nolan on Batman and Superman
March 29, 2011
(a) Justice League, the movie? Warner chief sets sights on team-up film and ‘reinventing’ Batman
June 5, 2012
(A) Beall writing 'Justice League' for Warner Bros. (page not found)
July 9, 2012
(a) Christopher Nolan says no to 'Justice League' film
November 26, 2012
Exclusive: Is Joseph Gordon-Levitt already set to play Batman in 'Justice League'?
November 28, 2012
(a) Christopher Nolan Says 'The Dark Knight Rises' Is "The End Of The Batman Story" He Wanted To Tell
December 12, 2012
Batman Cameo Rumors Bring Cheshire Smile To Christopher Nolan's Face At Hugh Jackman Salute
December 15, 2012
(a) Jonathan Nolan On Constructing The Dark Knight Rises, Robin, Justice League And What’s Next...
December 27, 2012
(A) "The prospect of shepherding Warners’ promised Justice League film holds no allure. 'I want to direct another movie before too long, probably ’cause I get bored very easily,' Nolan says. 'But I’ll take my time in figuring out what it is. I know I’m done with Batman.'"
January 28, 2013
(A) "...and a 'Justice League' film wouldn't likely be in theaters before 2015, as Warner's top brass has indicated that they are awaiting the results of "Man of Steel," which opens June 14, before moving further ahead." (page not found)
February 1, 2013
(a) Will Legendary CEO Thomas Tull Quit Warner's? Tension High Over NYT Piece (Exclusive)
February 7, 2013
JUSTICE LEAGUE May Be Looking For New Writers
March 3, 2013
EXCLUSIVE: The DCU Takeover & HUGE Developments on ‘Justice League’
March 5, 2013
CBM SCOOP: Nolan In, Bale Out Of JUSTICE LEAGUE (Google it)

Last edited:
LOL CBM, they make **** up as they go along. It's the equivalent to one of us hearing a scoop that a site posted beforehand and then writing "Nope, it's not true"...acting like they have inside information.

I stand by ElMayimbe's scoop, he's been dead on when it comes to his insider info for DC. Marvel is a bit iffy but he's always had a good track record for DC. Another thing that im not getting is Planet Hulk has been debunked? How do we know it's not true?? People deny everything these days. Studios, filmmakers, actors, deny it all.

Even if Snyder or Nolan deny this tomorrow, i wont believe them. Not until MOS comes out and everything is announced officially.

Abrams denied Star Wars, Cotillard denied Talia, Snyder denied Zod.

Doubt it. They credited LA Times, not him personally.

Yeah that's what I meant. Crediting the site they work for is the norm anyway. For me, if they credit your scoop (either by name of the journalist or the paper/site they work for), then it's a point for you/your employer.

Timeline (latest version):
(A) -> Best sources

March 10, 2010
(A) Christopher Nolan takes flight with Superman: ‘We have a fantastic story’ [UPDATED]
June 4, 2010
(A) Christopher Nolan on Batman and Superman
March 29, 2011
(A) Justice League, the movie? Warner chief sets sights on team-up film and ‘reinventing’ Batman
June 5, 2012
(A) Beall writing 'Justice League' for Warner Bros. (page not found)
July 9, 2012
(A) Christopher Nolan says no to 'Justice League' film
November 26, 2012
Exclusive: Is Joseph Gordon-Levitt already set to play Batman in 'Justice League'?
November 28, 2012
Christopher Nolan Says 'The Dark Knight Rises' Is "The End Of The Batman Story" He Wanted To Tell
December 12, 2012
Batman Cameo Rumors Bring Cheshire Smile To Christopher Nolan's Face At Hugh Jackman Salute
December 27, 2012
(A) "The prospect of shepherding Warners’ promised Justice League film holds no allure. 'I want to direct another movie before too long, probably ’cause I get bored very easily,' Nolan says. 'But I’ll take my time in figuring out what it is. I know I’m done with Batman.'"
January 28, 2013
(A) "...and a 'Justice League' film wouldn't likely be in theaters before 2015, as Warner's top brass has indicated that they are awaiting the results of "Man of Steel," which opens June 14, before moving further ahead." (page not found)
February 1, 2013
Will Legendary CEO Thomas Tull Quit Warner's? Tension High Over NYT Piece (Exclusive)
February 7, 2013
JUSTICE LEAGUE May Be Looking For New Writers
March 3, 2013
EXCLUSIVE: The DCU Takeover & HUGE Developments on ‘Justice League’
March 5, 2013
CBM SCOOP: Nolan In, Bale Out Of JUSTICE LEAGUE (Google it)

That's going to be a looooong list by the end of the year. :hehe:

LOL CBM, they make **** up as they go along. It's the equivalent to one of us hearing a scoop that a site posted beforehand and then writing "Nope, it's not true"...acting like they have inside information.

I stand by ElMayimbe's scoop, he's been dead on when it comes to his insider info for DC. Marvel is a bit iffy but he's always had a good track record for DC. Another thing that im not getting is Planet Hulk has been debunked? How do we know it's not true?? People deny everything these days. Studios, filmmakers, actors, deny it all.

Even if Snyder or Nolan deny this tomorrow, i wont believe them. Not until MOS comes out and everything is announced officially.

Well Whedon when asked said he shouldn't comment but said it was nonsense.

Though going by what you say about Snyder or Nolan, I'm guessing you're going to treat Whedon the same.

I created the best TDKR pre-release wiki. This is easy! :oldrazz:

Good times. :up:

I'm still blown away by how you found out all the info about Joey King and her shoot in India/London. :awesome:

This is THE last time I'm going to say this: legitimate news is quickly confirmed by the trade papers. You can believe whatever you want, but it makes you look foolish, especially when the trades haven't touched this thing and aren't likely to do so.

BTW, JJ Abrams didn't deny being involved with Star Wars; he flat-out said that they approached him and he turned them down. What changed his mind was Kathleen Kennedy's persistence.

Although to play Devil's Advocate, Heath Ledger as Joker was not picked up until nearly two weeks after it was leaked. Trades usually wait for official confirmation.

BTW, JJ Abrams didn't deny being involved with Star Wars; he flat-out said that they approached him and he turned them down. What changed his mind was Kathleen Kennedy's persistence.

Bingo. He turned them down, then months later Kennedy and Spielberg's persistence paid off. It's not like he said he passed on it on Monday then Tuesday the news broke that he signed on.

Well Whedon when asked said he shouldn't comment but said it was nonsense.

Though going by what you say about Snyder or Nolan, I'm guessing you're going to treat Whedon the same.
Absolutely. Whether something is true or not, these people are not allowed to say anything or if they're the ones in charge they're definately not going to let the cat out of the bag. Planet Hulk could be bogus but the ones saying that these scoops are officially debunked? They don't know what they're talking about.

Well that happened because JJ Abrams lied to himself.

Although to play Devil's Advocate, Heath Ledger as Joker was not picked up until nearly two weeks after it was leaked. Trades usually wait for official confirmation.

No they don't, they report it if it's viable. The reported the Han Solo/Boba Fett scoop from EW immediately for example. How many Captain America/Star Lord/Marvel character-action auditions do they report on? All of the ones that are credible, even when offers haven't been sent off. But they didnt' touch the Sandler/Carrey thing or the Momoa thing that LR posted this year.

Variety ran with the Ledger story immediately then were asked to pull the story later that day. Deadline ran with it later that day as well. THR didn't report it at all.

Well that happened because JJ Abrams lied to himself.

He was really scared of pissing off Paramount. Star Trek is their ONLY solid franchise right now and him dumping it for Star Wars is the equivalent of leaving your wife for the hottest Victoria's Secret model.

If we're being technical, El Mayimbe's scoop didn't say Bale is definitely coming back. He said the project is being "shaped" for Bale to reprise the role. That's fairly vague, so he did give himself a bit of back peddling room there.

Neither case would surprise me at this point. I would think that IF this indeed true, WB wouldn't have wanted this to leak before Man of Steel because it denies them the opportunity to make a huge bombshell announcement right when Man of Steel premieres. We'll see.

Oh, and just for hell of it here's Jett's latest tweet:

"Talked to to folks I RESPECT. Got one foot on the "Word's Finest" ship, not totally on board...yet. Stay tuned."

Last edited:
Variety ran with the Ledger story immediately then were asked to pull the story later that day. Deadline ran with it later that day as well. THR didn't report it at all.

So why they'd take it down? Did WB say their report was 'inaccurate'?

I'm not going to bother doing direct quoting, but this is addressed to the 'trades wait for official press releases' crowd: go take a look at the amount is scoops that the trades reported on, note the dates and times of those reports, and then look at the times and dates of when official confirmation of those same scoops was released. I'm willing to bet that you'll find that in the majority of these instances, the reports from the trades were posted before the official announcements, not after.

You guys are right that the trades wait for confirmation before posting something, but they get that confirmation from contacts at the various studios, not from official press releases.

Absolutely. Whether something is true or not, these people are not allowed to say anything or if they're the ones in charge they're definately not going to let the cat out of the bag. Planet Hulk could be bogus but the ones saying that these scoops are officially debunked? They don't know what they're talking about.

Which seems to be the go-to fanboy argument these days. They're lying because it's convenient for my argument and I'd like it to be true.

So barring the WW fanfilm BS 'scoop', hasn't Mayimbe's WB/DC track record been very good? I still think there's truth to it, despite LR's attitude and swagger.

Which seems to be the go-to fanboy argument these days. They're lying because it's convenient for my argument and I'd like it to be true.
Like i said, if it's not true then it's not true. But i dont believe anything that comes out of anyones mouth until i see it myself. If CBM debunks something, i dont trust it, because they're ridiculous. I trust ElMayimbe even if you guys don't, i also trust a few people on here who have their own sources and i believe Jett (sometimes). So im going to continue to believe this rumor is true until WB issues a detailed bit of info that says they're rebooting Batman for this Justice League, etc.

If people can't deal with that, it's not my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"