Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superman is going to get revived by Flash using a giant sling shot to shoot his coffin into the sun.

Green Lantern cameo confirmed. :o

iBtMohO.jpg

Ohhhh the feels...

Just curious, would you guys be surprised if we didn't get some sort of sequences showing Superman in the afterlife? I seem to notice that a lot of posters here are expecting for us to get something like that in the film.

Just curious, would you guys be surprised if we didn't get some sort of sequences showing Superman in the afterlife? I seem to notice that a lot of posters here are expecting for us to get something like that in the film.

I'd honestly be surprised if we did. This movie has a lot to do and I honestly don't see why we would need an afterlife sub plot with Supes.

I'd honestly be surprised if we did. This movie has a lot to do and I honestly don't see why we would need an afterlife sub plot with Supes.

Same and even though I'm a big Superman fan, even I understand that there might be too much going on in the film to fit a arc like that into the film. So if that ends up being the case, then Superman fans will then have to wait till near the third act of the film before we get a glimpse of him in the film.

Same and even though I'm a big Superman fan, even I understand that there might be too much going on in the film to fit a arc like that into the film. So if that ends up being the case, then Superman fans will then have to wait till near the third act of the film before we get a glimpse of him in the film.

My problem with it is, what arc will he go through? He died as THE Superman, his arc is complete. It's all up to the world now to accept him in JL.

My problem with it is, what arc will he go through? He died as THE Superman, his arc is complete. It's all up to the world now to accept him in JL.

Well I've seen some mention on how he could go through an arc where he's given a choice on whether he wants to rest forever in the afterlife or resume his duties as Superman. Plus, he wouldn't know about the world having accepted him after his death.:huh:

development into a leadership role or some kind of ambassadorship, a la KINGDOM COME.

Well I've seen some mention on how he could go through an arc where he's given a choice on whether he wants to rest forever in the afterlife or resume his duties as Superman. Plus, he wouldn't know about the world having accepted him after his death.:huh:

Eh, I'm good.

I know Zack's favorite movie is probably Excalibur, but it seems that every member of the League except for Superman will be wearing armor.

What if they did it in a "For the Man who has everything" style?

A "For The Man Who Has Everything" thing where it's revealed he's been being brainwashed by Granny Goodness to be one of Darkseid's lieutenants is tempting. Probably a bit too much.

I'm honestly good with not seeing him at all until his resurrection. Just have everyone talk about him and how he inspired them. Build it up!

I was chatting with another member here about "the man who has everything" and Supergirl had an episode "the girl who has everything" as well

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?p=34692289&highlight=#post34692289

So the story's actually gonna be pretty straight forward, the only issue is if there's gonna be too many subplot?

1. Bat/WW searches for other metas
2. Cyclops/dad plot?
3. Gotham investigation into the kidnapping
4. Superman's dream and revival

I don't know how to summarize it properly but there don't seem to be much subplot on offer, JL's just Bat looks for meta, metas join and fight, Superman resurrect, and climax, the end - rotten 25% =P

Yeah, I posted this a few threads ago:

"I could see the afterlife scene start as if Clark is waking up from a dream. He and Pa Kent are standing in the barn, looking towards the house. Jonathon says "You were all she had left, Clark. I couldn't be there to comfort and share in the pain of losing you. You are a lot to lose." Then it switches to Jor and Kal on Krypton, and they're both wearing formal Kryptonian attire. They're joined by Lara, and they tell him that "you are not finished yet. You have so much left to accomplish and so many to inspire. You reminded the world that good still exists. They're waiting for you. She's waiting for you." He pulls the armor off, revealing his black Super suit. Revitalized and ready for round two, he flies up to leave the dream with a smile on his face."

I'm honestly good with not seeing him at all until his resurrection. Just have everyone talk about him and how he inspired them. Build it up!

That would be acceptable too, but you'd still have that group of people complaining about his screentime. In some ways, understandable, but others would be completely hyperbolic about it.

Yeah, I posted this a few threads ago:

"I could see the afterlife scene start as if Clark is waking up from a dream. He and Pa Kent are standing in the barn, looking towards the house. Jonathon says "You were all she had left, Clark. I couldn't be there to comfort and share in the pain of losing you. You are a lot to lose." Then it switches to Jor and Kal on Krypton, and they're both wearing formal Kryptonian attire. They're joined by Lara, and they tell him that "you are not finished yet. You have so much left to accomplish and so many to inspire. You reminded the world that good still exists. They're waiting for you. She's waiting for you." He pulls the armor off, revealing his black Super suit. Revitalized and ready for round two, he flies up to leave the dream with a smile on his face."

Stop reading my mind, dude. :funny:

The "You are my world, Lois" Superman doesn't quite earn that THE yet. It's sweet, romantic, noble... but there's a larger wisdom that's missing there. When Jor-El gave him the job of inspiring hope, he didn't intend it to happen only by Supes dying, yet that's how they present it. The "Superman was never real" Supes, the "People don't stay good" Supes, isn't entirely contradicted by "You are my world" Supes. There are still gaps to fill, and they can approach that as an asset, an opening for meaty character content in Clark's arc. A journey-while-in-limbo is a clever pathway for it.

I have a feeling JL will be more like MOS, set ups at the start then it's all action from the middle, so having a Superman dream state might break up the action scenes a bit and slow it down.

I hope they don't have to race to stop another freaking bomb at the climax.

I was chatting with another member here about "the man who has everything" and Supergirl had an episode "the girl who has everything" as well

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?p=34692289&highlight=#post34692289

So the story's actually gonna be pretty straight forward, the only issue is if there's gonna be too many subplot?

1. Bat/WW searches for other metas
2. Cyclops/dad plot?
3. Gotham investigation into the kidnapping
4. Superman's dream and revival

I don't know how to summarize it properly but there don't seem to be much subplot on offer, JL's just Bat looks for meta, metas join and fight, Superman resurrect, and climax, the end - rotten 25% =P

I'm just glad that the characters seem to be interacting for the whole film. That bugged me with BvS's unattached subplots. You had;

- Bruce on his own investigating the White Portuguese, which seemed like it had nothing to do with the main story and just another "dirty bomb in Gotham" until like, an hour in.

- Lex trying to bring the Kryptonite to Lexcorp.

- Clark dealing with how to be Superman and investigating the Batman.

- Lois investigating the bullet.

They should have had some of those subplots joined together so the characters actually interacted for once in the movie.
Have Lex and Bruce working on the Kryptonite or something. While Lois and Clark, together, are trying to free Superman's name while investigating Batman.

The "You are my world, Lois" Superman doesn't quite earn that THE yet. It's sweet, romantic, noble... but there's a larger wisdom that's missing there. When Jor-El gave him the job of inspiring hope, he didn't intend it to happen only by Supes dying, yet that's how they present it. The "Superman was never real" Supes, the "People don't stay good" Supes, isn't entirely contradicted by "You are my world" Supes. There are still gaps to fill, and they can approach that as an asset, an opening for meaty character content in Clark's arc. A journey-while-in-limbo is a clever pathway for it.

I agree but I have a feeling that Snyder/Terrio already think they did a bang up job and don't need to fill those gaps.

I know Zack's favorite movie is probably Excalibur, but it seems that every member of the League except for Superman will be wearing armor.

Read my post above^^
I think it's possible that he comes back wearing the armor instead of (or over) the black suit. Maybe the armor gets ripped off, revealing his black suit.

I didn't find the Cyborg daddy issues remotely interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"