Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
We getting Steppenwolf and parademons.

You bald bastahs really think it wont involve some huge city action scenes? Put on yo disappointed hats on now. You better believe we is getting some destruction too, but with heroes actually saving them nobodies that you all cry about. Boo hoo for fake faceless ppl dying.:o

15220117_556321737897109_5226922672380951861_n.jpg

We getting Steppenwolf and parademons.

You bald bastahs really think it wont involve some huge city action scenes? Put on yo disappointed hats on now. You better believe we is getting some destruction too, but with heroes actually saving them nobodies that you all cry about. Boo hoo for fake faceless ppl dying.:o

Salty Narcissus

http://heroichollywood.com/hbo-airs-batman-v-superman-dawn-justice-tonight/

Tonight, the Zack Snyder-directed film will make its premiere on premium cable on HBO (also owned by Time Warner). The film will premiere tonight at 8 p.m. EST. For those who have yet see the film or have been aching for a re-watch, they’ll have the opportunity to see it tonight if they’re subscribed to HBO. The film will also likely be available to stream on the HBO GO app.

I read somewhere that it will be the TC. TC shouldn't exist.

And it was a stupid pitch that shouldn't have been part of the film.

I really don't see how or why that would make sense. The only threat that could justify the recruitment of criminals would be an existential threat. Otherwise, why wouldn't the U.S. government and other world powers use more conventional means?

The only threat that could justify the recruitment of criminals would be an existential threat.

Not really. Just make it a dangerous mission that happens to suit the team's specific skill set or that has some murky legality that the government doesn't want to get involved in. Thus the Skwad become the perfect tool since if they're discovered or captured, they can easily be hung out to dry with the explanation that it was just a random group of supervillains acting independently.

Not really. Just make it a dangerous mission that happens to suit the team's specific skill set or that has some murky legality that the government doesn't want to get involved in. Thus the Skwad become the perfect tool since if they're discovered or captured, they can easily be hung out to dry with the explanation that it was just a random group of supervillains acting independently.

The Skwad does operate in this way. It just so happens that the only missions that the government is willing to take such a risk is one in which they literally have no other options. Besides, if the public knows that dangerous criminals like Harley Quinn and Deadshot are behind bars, then any public expose that places them in a situation they have no real motive for being in would raise a lot of eyebrows. Would it make sense for random supervillains to fight other supervillains or enemies of the United States, for example? The escape of random supervillains doesn't look good on the government either.

You mean the basic story concept from the film just released then...

Please explain to me how Harley Quinn is supposed to fight the next Superman. Or any member of the team besides Enchantress.

Please explain to me how Harley Quinn is supposed to fight the next Superman. Or any member of the team besides Enchantress.

Yeah, you need metas for that, and the only one with powers was Diablo. These people are not like Batman who has the resources to go against Superman.

The movie made it clear that Waller had been trying to get Task Force X off the ground for some time now, so she used Superman as an excuse to finally get permission. My question is, are those high ranking military and government guys stupid or brain dead? They have been denying her requests all this time, but the premise of Harley Quinn beating a near invincible, flying alien with a baseball bat puts it over the edge for them? That is purposefully making your characters oblivious and stupid to suit your forced piece of world building that wasn't necessary in the first place.

You mean the basic story concept from the film just released then...

The Skwad does operate in this way.

And then the movie has it turn into some bull with them fighting evil demons for the fate of mankind. That was the whole point of this line of discussion in the first place. They could have kept to a gritty, military black-ops sort of film but instead they chose to have it turn into the same generic "The heroes fight an army of CGI somethings to save the world" that 99 percent of all superhero movies seem contractually bound to include.

Like Greens said, the idea of these characters legitimately being seen as the type of characters who could take on Superman and the Justice League is laughable both in and out of universe. How did that pitch meeting go?

"General, I'm putting together a team to take down Superman and other god-like metahumans."

"Great. Who do you have?"

"A clown with a baseball bat, a martial artist with a samurai sword, some guy with guns, a tall guy with a skin condition, and a guy who throws boomerangs."

"...."

"I forgot to mention the bat also has a nail in it."

Last edited:

She's not. That's the point of making her part of a team made up of criminals with a range of strengths and abilities. And the government isn't kidding itself that criminals like Harley Quinn are the ideal solution. The Suicide Squad is only the government admitting that it should have some sort of trick up its sleeve if a Superman-level threat happened and there were literally no other options.

The movie made it clear that Waller had been trying to get Task Force X off the ground for some time now, so she used Superman as an excuse to finally get permission. My question is, are those high ranking military and government guys stupid or brain dead? They have been denying her requests all this time, but the premise of Harley Quinn beating a near invincible, flying alien with a baseball bat puts it over the edge for them? That is purposefully making your characters oblivious and stupid to suit your forced piece of world building that wasn't necessary in the first place.

I agree with all of that, and this is why having Harley on the team never made any sense in the first place. And I'm not just talking about the movie here; it was a ridiculous concept in the comics that was only done to cash in on her popularity. Having a volatile psychopath on your team with dangerous albeit limited fighting skills who doesn't even wear any kind of protection when going into battle is the definition of a liability. At least in Boomerang's case it's kind of meant to be a wink to the audience that despite his lack of prowess, he somehow always manages to survive.

I'm of the opinion that characters like Harley and the Joker work better on their own, with the one exception obviously being each other.

Well unfortunately to most people, it's the only version of the film they saw and the only version they are aware of

WB needs to literally abort the TC like a bad habit. People need to be watchibg the UC to see the full movie.

I agree with all of that, and this is why having Harley on the team never made any sense in the first place. And I'm not just talking about the movie here; it was a ridiculous concept in the comics that was only done to cash in on her popularity. Having a volatile psychopath on your team with dangerous albeit limited fighting skills who doesn't even wear any kind of protection when going into battle is the definition of a liability. At least in Boomerang's case it's kind of meant to be a wink to the audience that despite his lack of prowess, he somehow always manages to survive.

I'm of the opinion that characters like Harley and the Joker work better on their own, with the one exception obviously being each other.

I thought Harley worked well on the team. Even if she's crazy, she is also a brilliant psychologist. The moment in the bar where she insists that Chato (El Diablo) own his s*** ended up being vital to his role in going up against Enchantress's brother. Chato is the first one to break Enchantress's spell because he understands, "I can't change what I did," when presented with the illusion of his family back together as if he never killed them at all. Harley Quinn is also a master manipulator and her masterful manipulations helped her convincingly get close enough to Enchantress to cut out her heart.

I still need to watch the UC but the TC left such a bad taste in my mouth that the prospect of watching a longer version of it, no matter how much better it might be, has just felt like too daunting a task.

I still need to watch the UC but the TC left such a bad taste in my mouth that the prospect of watching a longer version of it, no matter how much better it might be, has just felt like too daunting a task.

Don't watch. It's worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"