Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, and I haven't disputed what you are saying regarding that. What I am saying now, is that the Marvel films will at least be profitable for Disney/Marvel, if not major hits. Whereas something like Green Lantern financially fell on its face because of how it was handled.

Well, they were already profitable based on merchandising, which is where the real money is. So yeah, they're profitable for a good long while.

I can buy that Nolan and Bale was never really on the table but come on! Your're telling me their not focusing on TRYING to get JL going. WE know they are going to keep working on a script. How can they leave all that money on the table? Baffles me. I hate to tell WB but I don't see how MAN of Steel makes a billion like some are saying. It's sad to say but Superman is not Batman these days. Every kid I've talked with including my own think Superman sucks! Avengers, spider-man Batman? Awesome. Superman? Lame. However, I do hope I'm wrong.

If Man of Steel is well received critically and commercially, you can pretty much take it to the almost absolute bank that the sequel will make a billion.

3D alone will help that. This first film? 650 to 750 million worldwide, I personally think.

I can buy that Nolan and Bale was never really on the table but come on! Your're telling me their not focusing on TRYING to get JL going. WE know they are going to keep working on a script. How can they leave all that money on the table? Baffles me. I hate to tell WB but I don't see how MAN of Steel makes a billion like some are saying. It's sad to say but Superman is not Batman these days. Every kid I've talked with including my own think Superman sucks! Avengers, spider-man Batman? Awesome. Superman? Lame. However, I do hope I'm wrong.

This is why MoS needs to show people why Superman is not the lame, boring and omnipotent boyscout they think he is. After MoS, ask those friends what they think of Superman. And I personally do see MoS hitting a billion, but maybe that's because it's one of my most anticipated movies.

As I said, they want to get a "team up" film going, but right now they want to see how Superman pans out and they're developing a sequel. I'm not saying they have blackballed Justice League.

Of course they're developing a sequel to it. They also tried it with GL. Not saying MoS will be a failure, because I don't think it will be at all, but this is tyical behavior for a movie studio that intends to start a franchise.

Of course they're developing a sequel to it. They also tried it with GL. Not saying MoS will be a failure, because I don't think it will be at all, but this is tyical behavior for a movie studio that intends to start a franchise.

The difference here is that they've had a pretty close to final cut for Man of Steel for a good long while. They know what they have. Personally, I think they've known since December, which was the original release date.

They were still putting the final touches on GL up until release day.

The only reason why they haven't just gone ahead and started real work on the Man of Steel sequel is because they're obviously waiting on reception.

We'll know where WB is after that first weekend's worldwide box office total is in.

All for hits. We should've taken Nolan and Snyder at their word when they original said that like Nolan's Batman, Superman exists in his own world with no other heroes around. They weren't kidding.

Right. Superman needs to be successful that is the bottom line.

They were/are working on a JL movie.

More enthusiastically however because they thought Nolan was going to continue with TDKU for the movie.

The point is, they are working and focused on that, not a fictional Nolan & Bale Justice League film.

WB need some long term plans,

I am sure that the next thing for DC movies will be a MOS 2 in 2016, followed by a Batman reboot in 2017.

And a Justice League / Worlds Finest movie in 2018.

The problem would be introducing a Batman in a world where various Superheroes and Super Villains exist, something which hasn't been done so far.

WB should also look at other DC properties, why not ? If that can adapt Young Adult Novels, adapting different comics based material is not that different.

After all, DC comics also can serve as a basis of making movies, something that many other Studios have been doing.

WB need some long term plans,

I am sure that the next thing for DC movies will be a MOS 2 in 2016, followed by a Batman reboot in 2017.

And a Justice League / Worlds Finest movie in 2018.

The problem would be introducing a Batman in a world where various Superheroes and Super Villains exist, something which hasn't been done so far.

WB should also look at other DC properties, why not ? If that can adapt Young Adult Novels, adapting different comics based material is not that different.

After all, DC comics also can serve as a basis of making movies, something that many other Studios have been doing.

But you act as if they haven't. Since 2004, they've done Superman Returns, V for Vendetta, Watchmen, Catwoman, Jonah Hex, and the Losers. I'm sure I'm forgetting something else besides Batman but it's not like WB's been totally asleep at the wheel.

It's just that they haven't made the comic book properties that a lot of you want to see; Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Justice League.

Marvel/Disney's been making comic book yearly issues. WB's been making graphic novels.

The point is, they are working and focused on that, not a fictional Nolan & Bale Justice League film.

I know they aren't working on a Nolan and Bale JL. I've doubted that for a while. JL, though? That's another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"