Lionsgate "Power Rangers" - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting theory going around that has Elizabeth Bank's playing Trini's Mom/Step-Mom/Ect and she gets possessed by Rita's spirit.

I'm neutral on this....

I would not be happy about this.

The only way I could be neutral is if we actually see a mexican dad or something. I've seen studios try and whitewash characters before by making their family white and it's always really uncomfortable (i.e. Sarah Shahi's brother in Fairly Legal)

going through this thread its good to know

- Man Of Steel created city street battles
- rita is copying loki by holding a staff/scepter(something she has always held) and controlling the bad guy minions(something she has always done)
- spiderman created freaking out over your powers
- zords running together towards the screen was stole from 1 of bay's transformers movies(even tho they did the same thing in tv show from the 90's)

raw

Aha, there have been a billion movies over the course of the last 100 years or so, it's impossible at this point to do something that feels original and like you've never seen it before.

going through this thread its good to know

- Man Of Steel created city street battles
- rita is copying loki by holding a staff/scepter(something she has always held) and controlling the bad guy minions(something she has always done)
- spiderman created freaking out over your powers
- zords running together towards the screen was stole from 1 of bay's transformers movies(even tho they did the same thing in tv show from the 90's)

raw

Lol. Certain posters here seem to be getting more and more desperate. They have shifted the goal post from the Fantastic 4 comparisons. What ever will they think of next.

They are still rooting for this to fail, just so they could say 'I told you so' .

Just saw the trailer. Definitely looks way better than expected.

And the suits are GLORIOUS. I don't get the hundreds of pages of debate on it looking like the Iron Man suits. These suits definitely feel different and more alien.

Looks freaking awesome. Originally I was planning on seeing it a couple of weeks after release. Now I will definitely check it out in the first weekend.

^ Yeah, I still really like the suits. The Megazord and Goldar however...

Mm so I don't really know what to think.
First thoughts.

The dialogue is a bit weird, they seem to narrate everything going on in front of them.

There was lots of weird laughter in the trailer that somewhat felt forced to give the idea this movie is fun.

Suits look better in motion but still not a fan but whatever, I think I had already created my ideal suit in my head so they had no chance.

CGI looks fine to me, no issues there.

The music choice is fine I guess, I don't really listen to pop so it doesn't stand out to me as anything. Just seems like something teens would be into which works for me and the concept of this film.

Zordons design is a bit boring but once again whatever.

Overall I can't remember the last time I actually enjoyed a big superhero film as its all pretty samey and underwhelming to me.

I do hope to catch it in the cinema if I can afford it.

Aaand totally nailed the idea that Rita sticks her spear in the ground and makes putties from it.

Lol. Certain posters here seem to be getting more and more desperate. They have shifted the goal post from the Fantastic 4 comparisons. What ever will they think of next.
It moved on from Fant4stic to Suicide Squad.

They are still rooting for this to fail, just so they could say 'I told you so' .
Both movies entertained me, I won't oppose this one if it entertained me as well.

can we all agree that anything is better than Mystic Force and Operation Overdrive uniforms

BUTT CAPES!

This is gonna be a weird gripe, but am I the only one not digging Cranston's voice as Zordon? He sounds like he's speaking normally not even trying to put on a different voice. I was hoping for the way he sounded in the Injustice announcement trailer-- an experienced, hardened alien warrior. Instead he just sounds like himself

Sadistic villain wanting to take over the world by summoning aliens, wears lots of green, and wields a magical sceptar? I don't necessarily think she's a Loki knockoff but I can certainly see the comparisons.

All of that is pretty much Rita's MO, and has been since the beginning. Well except for wearing green, but that's hardly unique to Loki either.

This is gonna be a weird gripe, but am I the only one not digging Cranston's voice as Zordon? He sounds like he's speaking normally not even trying to put on a different voice. I was hoping for the way he sounded in the Injustice announcement trailer-- an experienced, hardened alien warrior. Instead he just sounds like himself

I get the feeling the voices are unfinished. Much like the CGI, they will probably fine tune it. I don't expect it to sound completely different however but refined. Even Alpha sounded normal (non-robotic/alien).

That's like something her Hunger Games character would wear

To be fair to Rita, I always criticized Loki in The Avengers for looking like a cheesy Power Rangers villain. :funny:

Dam man haven't been following the discussion in this forum didn't really want to say anything when toys were revealed I wanted to see the live action now I have

WTF WERE THEY THINKING WITH THAT GOLDAR DESIGN

it's so awful

best part of trailer is seeing Banks in tight green :sly: I'll leave it at that

Oh, it still looks like FF. FF after they started deciding to cut "fun" trailers. But then again, FF was another derivative flick trying to be other superhero flicks. It still has the FF and MoS desaturated look.

And this reaction is the same as the one for FF. Talking about how those worrying it wouldn't be good were wrong, because look the trailer is fun. Same happened with the last BvS trailer. Batman is destroying people in a building, best Batman action ever, the film is going to be fun. Same for Suicide Squad. That doesn't mean it won't be, but lets not act like there wasn't a tone shift here in the marketing, a reaction to the first trailer's reaction.

And since when was I rooting for this to fail? If it is a good movie, what do I lose? I gain a good movie of something I like. But this is the tact taken often here. If you don't think something looks good, you are rooting for it to fail. Yes, I wanted the Hobbit, BvS, Warcraft, Assassin's Creed, FF, and now Power Rangers to fail. Because I hate all those things. :funny:

Last edited:
Let's be real fellas, the old movie with Ivan Ooze mostly looks better than this one. Except for Rita's costume, which I like.

Let's be real fellas, the old movie with Ivan Ooze mostly looks better than this one. Except for Rita's costume, which I like.
I did like the "ninja" outfits from back in the day. Wore one for Halloween. Ivan Ooze also did look better then Apocalypse. :o

A huge part of me wishes that the Green Ranger was in this movie but I guess this could be good to build up to the sequel with him in it.

Not really. It looks just about the same, quality wise. The only differences being that that movie was meant to be much closer to the show, while this movie is reinventing alot of it. At least, visually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"