Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Two things 1. I hate when powerhouse practically impervious characters resort to wearing armor/pads,. Just a gripe. 2. I just shake my head when one characters rogues are used to lift anothers because they don't have an interesting one on their own.

1) Does Thor count?
2) Yeah... sometimes its unavoidable though.

so...while we're talking costumes, how about the one that would inform Carol's...

Planche_bd_11460_MARVEL%20UNIVERSE.jpg

Left or right Mar-Vell?

Neither!!!

Mahr_Vehl.jpg

(So, the one on the left, basically)

What if it was a full body suit that resembled the blue costume but with the would-be bare leg (and perhaps arms) areas covered by yellow or red material like the Binary costume did?
tumblr_m5n338T7761rxbn1bo1_500.jpg

Although I like the bare midriff, that's not the most common variation on the costume. That was her original look but one without the bare midriff has been around longer. They should just go with the version they used in A:EMH for the movie. That was perfectly fine, still far more attractive and sexy than the butch Captain Marvel costume she now has, and probably more acceptable than the Warbird costume.

What's "butch" about Danvers' current costume? That it doesn't show acres of skin and ride up in the crotch? It's skintight and doesn't hide an inch of her (drawn, not real) assets. She is actually dressed to kick some ass, not show hers. Considering that a female writer is now helming the title, that makes sense as well as being sensible.

What if it was a full body suit that resembled the blue costume but with the would-be bare leg (and perhaps arms) areas covered by yellow or red material like the Binary costume did?
tumblr_m5n338T7761rxbn1bo1_500.jpg

Take the top half of the one on the left and give it the bottom half of this one -

captmarvel0qmuo1500.jpg

And you'd have a great costume for her, imo.

I'd be fine with the new costume, but with the colors inverted (blues > Reds and reds> blues) so it would match Mar-Vell's costume.

She needs long hair though, no bob or short haircuts.

Back to story for a bit.

What if the story of a Ms. Marvel film is about the start of a Kree invasion, and instead of Mar-Vell being a part of that invasion, and turning good (which would gobble up tons of screen time / detract from Carol), he is already a part of a rebel alliance that opposes the Supreme Intelligence's ways.

The Captain Mar-Vell costume could be a symbol of hope to that alliance, and after Mar-Vell's inevitable death (likely at the hands of Ronan the Accuser) Carol would agree (after much convincing, and struggling with the concept) to become the new Captain Marvel.

Back to story for a bit.

What if the story of a Ms. Marvel film is about the start of a Kree invasion, and instead of Mar-Vell being a part of that invasion, and turning good (which would gobble up tons of screen time / detract from Carol), he is already a part of a rebel alliance that opposes the Supreme Intelligence's ways.

The Captain Mar-Vell costume could be a symbol of hope to that alliance, and after Mar-Vell's inevitable death (likely at the hands of Ronan the Accuser) Carol would agree (after much convincing, and struggling with the concept) to become the new Captain Marvel.

This idea definitely has merit, though it does make me think: presuming that the Shi'ar are tied up with the X-licenses sufficient to be basically unavailable? It wouldn't be a horrible thing if they imported some parts of Gladiator's characterization to Ronan, as "Supreme Lawful Neutral Fist of the Kree. . . But Ultimately Loyal to the *Kree* More Than The Kree's Ruler." Its not *that* huge a shift from what Ronan eventually became like post-Annihilation.

This idea definitely has merit, though it does make me think: presuming that the Shi'ar are tied up with the X-licenses sufficient to be basically unavailable? It wouldn't be a horrible thing if they imported some parts of Gladiator's characterization to Ronan, as "Supreme Lawful Neutral Fist of the Kree. . . But Ultimately Loyal to the *Kree* More Than The Kree's Ruler." Its not *that* huge a shift from what Ronan eventually became like post-Annihilation.

Meh. Gladiator is his own character, who if Marvel does hold the rights to the Sh'iar, I'd like to see down the road.

What's "butch" about Danvers' current costume? That it doesn't show acres of skin and ride up in the crotch? It's skintight and doesn't hide an inch of her (drawn, not real) assets. She is actually dressed to kick some ass, not show hers. Considering that a female writer is now helming the title, that makes sense as well as being sensible.

It's the schizophrenic nature of her hair post-Captain Marvel promotion that gives it a butch vibe. Lots of early promotional artwork made her look like Bridget Neilsen, and since then we've had pictures going back & forth between portraying her hair as being still shoulder length but tied back in a weird faux hawk style that just looks awkward and some Power-Girl-ish cut offs, while in some other pics it appears her hair is still reasonably long in her civilian down time, as seen here -

Something-Secret.jpg

Now she's not quite as butch looking here -

tumblr_m1qvdfUfaC1qzkltpo1_500.jpg

Or here -

Captain_Marvel_Vol_7_5_Textless.jpg

Or even here -

tumblr_m57s5eWNoY1r37boko1_400.jpg

But there's still a certain awkwardness in this new approach to styling her hair, made all the more apparent by an inconsistency in both interior and exterior art. Frankly I'm starting to wish they would just put the space gladiator helmet on her when she's doing her superhero thing because that looks a lot less awkward.

KangConquers said:
Back to story for a bit.

I could see that working.

It's the schizophrenic nature of her hair post-Captain Marvel promotion that gives it a butch vibe. Lots of early promotional artwork made her look like Bridget Neilsen, and since then we've had pictures going back & forth between portraying her hair as being still shoulder length but tied back in a weird faux hawk style that just looks awkward and some Power-Girl-ish cut offs, while in some other pics it appears her hair is still reasonably long in her civilian down time, as seen here -

Something-Secret.jpg

Now she's not quite as butch looking here -

tumblr_m1qvdfUfaC1qzkltpo1_500.jpg

Or here -

Captain_Marvel_Vol_7_5_Textless.jpg

Or even here -

tumblr_m57s5eWNoY1r37boko1_400.jpg

But there's still a certain awkwardness in this new approach to styling her hair, made all the more apparent by an inconsistency in both interior and exterior art. Frankly I'm starting to wish they would just put the space gladiator helmet on her when she's doing her superhero thing because that looks a lot less awkward.

I could see that working.

I can do without the black costume, but no substitutes on the hair: it needs to be long.

Last edited:
I can do without the black costume, but no substitutes on the hair: it needs to be long.

I would prefer her hair to be long as well.

It's also inconsistent between pics but I think the bulk of the new suit is meant to be dark blue rather than black, though the last one makes it look black.

I really think the colour scheme of the original Ms Marvel outfit looks better than the current Captain Marvel one. I prefer more of the red with the blue shoulders and gloves than vice versa.

I really think the colour scheme of the original Ms Marvel outfit looks better than the current Captain Marvel one. I prefer more of the red with the blue shoulders and gloves than vice versa.

If you take the current Captain Marvel outfit, and change the reds to blues and the blues to reds, it's perfect imo.

Mar-Vell.jpg

basically this on a woman.

Last edited:
Honestly, who's gonna want to watch a movie centered around Ms. Marvel? Not many people...Not to mentio that female superhero movies all suck so far.
No disrespect but I'd say Ms. Marvel movie is pretty pointless.

They all suck because no one has bothered to try and make a good one. Taking your attitude ensures that will remain the case.

My point is that most people never even heard of character named Ms. Marvel.
People have heard of Captain America, Thor and Iron Man through various of media like games and cartoons.
And I'm sorry but I just can't see female superhero stand alone movie being actually good.
Wonder Woman would be like the only female superhero people would actually give a damn about since she is the most popular female superhero.

Ms Marvel has been in as many cartoons and games as Thor was before his movie?

My point is that most people never even heard of character named Ms. Marvel.
People have heard of Captain America, Thor and Iron Man through various of media like games and cartoons.
Wonder Woman would be like the only female superhero people would actually give a damn about since she is the most popular female superhero.
I hadn't heard of any of these before the movies came out/were anounced and that didn't stop me watching and enjoying them! Really, it's the same rubbish excuse as DC uses and it fails to realise that there is an interested audience out there at the moment and that a little think called "marketing" and some good reviews are all you need!
Also, we all know that DC are fairly lazy and incompetant at non-Batman films (possibly Supes as well) so it's down to Marvel to do a good one.
P.S. If anybody wants to know my current opinion on what she should where I think it would work best in film if she just wore Captain Mar-vell's costume, a straight continuity between the two when he dies.
P.P.S. I think Sif's costume was not the best. Leave the cut but it should have been coloured red and silver and she should have had a headress because she just did not stand out against the distinctive others.

Last edited:
Well to each on their own I guess.
I'm just not fan of not well known superhero characters on movies nor spinoffs.
And unless they actually come up with a female superhero movie that's actually good, I'm just not interested on female superhero movies.

The suggestion that people will only see a movie if they're familiar with the character is a new one.

True, but it's being peddalled like crazy :hehe: ! I have just heard that the Ultimate Graphic Novel Collection is CRAZY popular so at least people in the UK will know who Carol Danvers is. It might help getting a film going :) !

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"