No Time To Die (Bond 25)

Oh dear. Poor Claudine. She is one of my favourite Bond Girls. RIP.

Know this isn't strictly related but thought this would be the best place to post the first ever French Bond girl Claudine Auger sadly passed away, I envy Connery very much in this picture lol.

RIP Claudine. Also, dayyyyyuuummmmm.

cLN6tjQ.jpg

Know this isn't strictly related but thought this would be the best place to post the first ever French Bond girl Claudine Auger sadly passed away, I envy Connery very much in this picture lol.

That’s a damn shame. She was probably my favourite of the classic Bond girls :( RIP

That’s a damn shame. She was probably my favourite of the classic Bond girls :( RIP

She beat out the likes of Raquel Welch, Julie Christie and Faye Dunaway for that role. Definitely the best of the classic Bond girls.

Also Luciana Paluzzi tried out for the role of Domino as well before landing the role of Fiona Volpe (which was originally Fiona Kelly but changed to accommodate Paluzzi's nationality). Domino was actually Domino Palazzi but was changed to Derval because Claudine Auger was French.

12 movies we can't wait to see in 2020, from Tom Cruise's 'Top Gun 2' to Harley Quinn

83328FAF-C361-4D95-8666-50019EB0938D.jpeg

"Bond isn’t programmed for a tranquil life in retirement. The need for action runs deep," says director Cary Joji Fukunaga. Rami Malek brings "depth, intelligence and a spine-shivering stillness" as the newest new Bond villain Safin, and Lashana Lynch is a "young, athletically precise and ambitious" double-0 agent named Nomi. While a rivalry exists between her and Bond, "we see their relationship become closer, and come to understand how new generations respect but also need to outdo their predecessors."
DFB7CB48-29AD-4733-B802-3DE9DC52D1AE.jpeg

‘No Time to Die’: Hans Zimmer Takes Over as Composer on Bond Movie (EXCLUSIVE)

The composer of “Gladiator,” “Inception” and “The Da Vinci Code” is already believed to be working on “No Time to Die,” the 25th film in the 007 franchise starring Daniel Craig. He replaces Dan Romer, the American composer who had previously been announced as scoring the film.

“Creative differences” are said to have been the reason for Romer’s dismissal last month by Eon Productions, the Broccoli family enterprise that has made all of the Bond films dating back to “Dr. No,” the first 007 adventure in 1962.

A spokesperson for MGM, Bond’s domestic distributor, had no comment on the matter. A spokesperson for Eon did not immediately return Variety‘s request for comment.

Rumors have been swirling for weeks about the status of music for the film, now in post-production in London. Director Cary Fukunaga brought Romer into the project last summer, having previously worked with him on “Beasts of No Nation” and the miniseries “Maniac.”

Speculation has been that Zimmer – who also has “Wonder Woman 1984,” “Top Gun: Maverick” and “Dune” on his plate for 2020 – may need to enlist help to finish on time, as the film is slated for an April 10 release and recording will likely need to be completed by mid-February.

Reports, so far without confirmation, have suggested that the short time frame may necessitate the addition of such past Zimmer collaborators such as Benjamin Wallfisch (who worked with him on “Blade Runner 2049” and “Hidden Figures”) or Lorne Balfe (who last year rescued “Ad Astra” in post-production and in 2018 scored another high-grossing spy thriller, “Mission: Impossible – Fallout”).

Zimmer doing this, WW84 and Dune all next year :wow:

i bet people who work for Zimmer and his company are doing the music. This is not like Zimmer working on a Nolan movie or Dune. He is so big that they use his name for marketing. IMO

Bond is bigger, so I’d imagine Zimmer wouldn’t turn down working on it directly.

I honestly wonder how desirable of a job a Bond movie would be for a high profile composer like Zimmer, on account of the fact that a good chunk of the movie will be variations of the classic theme. It's not like Batman where Zimmer was free to create his own themes. I mean, I'm sure it's still awesome to have that job on your resume but I feel like a lot of the score that you're actually creating is just a collection of ominous tones.

Still waiting on the artist announcement for the official song.

Maybe Hans Zimmer can get Tina Guo to do a version of the Bond theme on the electric cello.

Still waiting on the artist announcement for the official song.
They may be changing the artist and/or the theme song. Zimmer has different sensibilities than Romer and they fired Romer which tells me whatever he was doing with the score wasnt meeting the director's or studio's approval.

I cant wait to hear what he dies with the Bond theme!
Freudian slip?

I honestly wonder how desirable of a job a Bond movie would be for a high profile composer like Zimmer, on account of the fact that a good chunk of the movie will be variations of the classic theme. It's not like Batman where Zimmer was free to create his own themes. I mean, I'm sure it's still awesome to have that job on your resume but I feel like a lot of the score that you're actually creating is just a collection of ominous tones.

When you look at it, there hasn’t really been much variation in composers for the series. Most of them were done by John Barry, with the odd fill-in here and there when he was unavailable until his retirement. After that David Arnold almost seemed to have been groomed to be an in-house composer for them until Mendes came along with Thomas Newman.

Last edited:
If Zimmer was the original composer announced I would be very excited. But knowing what I know about the film's production, another replacement at the last moment at a very small time frame (it is reported they need it ready by mid February) smells like a paycheck job. I've seen both Zimmer's sides and I hope he doesn't create something quick and bland this time.

If Zimmer was the original composer announced I would be very excited. But knowing what I know about the film's production, another replacement at the last moment at a very small time frame (it is reported they need it ready by mid February) smells like a paycheck job. I've seen both Zimmer's sides and I hope he doesn't create something quick and bland this time.

You never know. He might have always had a Bond soundtrack in his mind anyway just waiting to be used. Even something quick can still be good whereas sometimes something you've worked on for ages can be uninspired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"