• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Time To Die (Bond 25)

If EON try to get artists to sing the songs while they're still popular, why did they wait until the Beatles had disbanded to get Paul McCartney? They could've had him and his previous band instead of Wings.
Because apparently, we shouldn't listen to The Beatles without earmuffs would be my guess.

According to TheBond Live Fan Twitter Account, the pretitle sequence for No Time To Die is the longest ever for a Bond film.it clocks in at 20 minutes
20 minutes? Wow, that does sound long. (not that I dislike it)

20 minutes? Wow, that does sound long. (not that I dislike it)

Makes sense. From the trailer, it seems like we're going to be catching up with Madeleine and Bond living their lives together in bliss. I'm sure the moment Bond feels "betrayed" by her, is when the theme song starts.

Makes sense. From the trailer, it seems like we're going to be catching up with Madeleine and Bond living their lives together in bliss. I'm sure the moment Bond feels "betrayed" by her, is when the theme song starts.

I doubt that. From the trailer it looks like he already feels betrayed during that car chase, if that happens in the opening pre-title sequence. The theme song isn't going to suddenly start playing during that scene where he's obviously betrayed.

I doubt that. From the trailer it looks like he already feels betrayed during that car chase, if that happens in the opening pre-title sequence. The theme song isn't going to suddenly start playing during that scene where he's obviously betrayed.

I think it’ll start with their idyllic romantic getaway, they’ll get chased by goons, he’ll think she didn’t tell him something and feel betrayed, and she might supposedly die in this opening judging by how shocked he looks to see her in the clip in the trailer. Cue opening song.

I think it’ll start with their idyllic romantic getaway, they’ll get chased by goons, he’ll think she didn’t tell him something and feel betrayed, and she might supposedly die in this opening judging by how shocked he looks to see her in the clip in the trailer. Cue opening song.

That's how I think it will probably play out too.

I'm betting the scene right before the titles is that shot of him burning the letter that says forgive me. I wonder if that's Madeline's grave or Vesper's.

I'm betting the scene right before the titles is that shot of him burning the letter that says forgive me. I wonder if that's Madeline's grave or Vesper's.

Maybe it's Tracey's, and then Blofeld uses a remote controlled helicopter to attack Bond before Bond drops him down a chimney.

It was leaked a few months ago that it was Vesper’s grave.

I didn't mean it would literally start playing as soon as he feels betrayed. I meant it would take place after that moment. Judging from the trailer, it'll be when he jumps off the bridge.

I didn't mean it would literally start playing as soon as he feels betrayed. I meant it would take place after that moment. Judging from the trailer, it'll be when he jumps off the bridge.

I would hope that as soon as he feels betrayed on the car journey, he breaks the fourth wall and looks at the camera with a pained look and says "this never happened to the other fella". Then there's a freeze frame and the music starts. :p

I would hope that as soon as he feels betrayed on the car journey, he breaks the fourth wall and looks at the camera with a pained look and says "this never happened to the other fella". Then there's a freeze frame and the music starts. :p

If Tarantino did a Bond film, I could see it happening ;)

NINTCHDBPICT000565434513.jpg

porter-2020-february-24-single.jpeg

I have complete confidence in Cary. True Detective, Beasts of No Nation, and Maniac are all examples of this man's versatility. I'm really curious how Safin is going to one up even SPECTRE.

My transcript of the most important parts

CARY FUKUNAGA: For me as a writer and a director, it was essential to rediscover Bond - where is he? After five years of retirement, who has he become? He's sort of a wounded animal struggling with his role as a double-0. The world's changed. The rules of engagement aren't what they used to be. The rules of espionage darker in this era of asymmetric warfare. The people close to Bond, those he considers to be family, are at great risk. And now there's someone new out there, more dangerous than anybody he's ever encountered - and whoever they are - is smarter and stronger than SPECTRE.

The moment he's called to action to the end of the film is a race - not only to save the world, but their lives. No Time To Die is the culmination of that all that Bond has become, with all that he's seen, all the trauma, the loss. What is that mission that could be his most challenging and most difficult? That was our target. We aimed to do something extraordinary with this one. Every Bond film has that thing - the danger - but also the emotional punch. Everything that was left unsaid will finally be said.

This will be the final chapter for Daniel Craig [as James Bond].

Reminds me of
The Dark Knight Rises
in a way. As Fukunaga has said in the past, there's been Bond imitators out there over the years.

Hope Ana is playing the surprise end villain if that's the case.

It interesting he brings up something worse than SPECTRE because the Empire magazine scene excerpt did bring up SPECTRE in the February 2020 issue.

Empire said:
THREE SIMPLE SYLLABLES. TWO SIMPLER words. But their cultural significance is huge. We've heard them plenty of times over the years. Sometimes there's a variation on a theme - "Goodbye, Mr. Bond" most often - but the basic gist remains the same. A megalomaniacal villain with designs on taking over the world has lured James Bond, the world's greatest agent, into a trap, and is about to bump him off.

Today, those words are being delivered in Cuba by Christoph Waltz's Ernst Stavro Blofeld, head of evil organization SPECTRE and Bond's adopted brother. Well, not quite. To be completely honest, Empire isn't in Cuba, but a soundstage at Pinewood Studios that's pretending to be Cuba, while outside the October wind rages and howls. And we're not listening to Christoph Waltz, but a member of the production team on No Time To Die, the 25th James Bond movie, repeating lines, for the benefit of the actors, that will later be dubbed by Waltz. With, we fervently hope, a little more feeling than the monotone mumblings currently emanating apologetically from loudspeakers on set.

Anyway, the gist. At some point in No Time To Die, Bond finds himself in Cuba where, along with an associate called Paloma (Ana de Armas), he's wrangled himself an invite to the hottest party of the year - a gathering of SPECTRE's unfinest, the bad and the beautiful, the eye-catching and eye-gouging alike. And as he and Paloma wander around, talking to each other on those little Bluetooth earpieces that come in handy in movies like this, a voice can be heard, broadcasting to the throng.

Blofeld may be in prison in London, but he's still making an appearance of sorts. And two things become rapidly apparent: this is a big old birthday bash for the bloviating bellend. And he's fully aware that Bond has crashed the party. "Enjoy the spectacular end to our pariah," he tells the commingled. And then, those aforementioned words. "Goodbye, James."

What is Blofeld up to? Will Bond survive? And what will be left of him? Empire is not at liberty to say.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure Ana de Armas only exists in this film for sex appeal. She’s the Gemma Arterton/Berenice Marlohe/ Monica Bellucci of the picture, basically.

Exclusive: Bond Villain Rami Malek On 'No Time To Die' | Esquire (February 12, 2020)

But nor was he, in fact, free: he was shooting the fourth and final season of Mr Robot in New York. Dates were jiggled, then re-jiggled, then re-jiggled again, until finally a couple of weeks were found right at the end of the Bond production schedule during which Malek could come to Pinewood Studios, just west of London, and film the bulk of his scenes.

“When someone tells me something’s a possibility, I just start to think, ‘Let’s make it work’,” says Malek, who is engaging and cheery in person, his eyes widening boyishly (because — whaddyaknow! — they can do that too). “I kind of just get laser-focused on it, especially when it excites me.”
Because Malek joined so late into the production of No Time to Die, there was no time for rehearsal. Malek had to head straight to set. “They were under time pressure,” he remembers. “I don’t know how much they loved the idea of fresh Rami coming in… Well, not so fresh, I was just finished on Mr Robot, but at the same time I’d been thinking about this all along.”

Craig, for one, seems to have been impressed. “I have a responsibility on these films,” he says. “All I want to do is make him feel as comfortable as it’s possible to be, for him to feel like he’s welcome, because it’s a huge machine and I don’t want it to feel overwhelming. There aren’t many films bigger than Bond, so I want to make sure that when someone like Rami walks onto set, he can hit the ground running. But he was ready. He was ready to go.”

You know how there are those actors and actresses out there that are so impossibly gorgeous that they literally HAVE to be famous, because if they weren’t, it would defy the bounds of reality or something? Ana is in that group. Good Lord.

Well, they (mostly) aren't there only for sex appeal. They're villains or victims of the villains or damsels in distress, or they work alongside Bond.

Not only for sex appeal, I agree but only pretty actresses are casted even if they are not Bond love interest. It's a observation not a complain mind you, it's part of Bond movies to have pretty women.

So , favorite Bond girlls? I always had a soft spot for Natalia.from Goldeneye..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"