• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

No Time To Die (Bond 25)

Is this the first time Craig's Bond has ridden a motorcycle?

I guess it's too late to have him skiing in this film. He missed his chance in the snow in Spectre.

If EON try to get artists to sing the songs while they're still popular, why did they wait until the Beatles had disbanded to get Paul McCartney? They could've had him and his previous band instead of Wings.

Is this the first time Craig's Bond has ridden a motorcycle?

Motorcycle yes. His Bond has rode dirt bikes twice. I guess we forgot "Quantum of Solace"

SKYFALL bikes at Bond In Motion | James Bond 007

Iz31cOJ.jpg

VrBvgaW.jpg

Well that could be a better poster.

It does seem like Madeline is gonna play a substantial role in this movie if she shares the damn poster with him.

It does seem like Madeline is gonna play a substantial role in this movie if she shares the damn poster with him.

It looks like someone was lazy and just took a film still and stuck some words over it. I'd prefer them going back to some kind of artwork like the early Bond posters.

I mean, the trailer pretty much told us that. She isn’t getting fridged or written out.

It did, but it seems I underestimated it. The song is even about them for God's sake.

Swan's role early in the movie:

"A child [Swan] shoots an intruder. She is chased by another intruder [Malik] and runs onto a frozen lake" ... " We get to know the young Madeleine Swann (Léa Seydoux's character, journ. Note). She visits her mother in the cottage. There are some dramatic events that will affect her life" ... "The scenes that take place inside the house were also recorded on Pinewood. We also built the house in the English countryside. Léa Seydoux returns to the house when it is summer. Unfortunately, we did not have time to go back to Norway to film these scenes." "We had to hurry to film in Norway because of the snow. We filmed there for just over a week. These scenes are very important in the film and form the beginning of the traditional opening sequence, which lasts a total of 20 minutes, Wilson says of "No Time to Die," which premieres April 3."

672a97e3-d042-4cf8-8e68-db3d5425d28d

James Bond-skaperne: Derfor valgte de Norge

And (this part I'm typing has zero to do with the spoiler/article above) the best hope for Ana's Paloma rookie 'CIA agent' role is she winds up being an Elektra King or Miranda Tate (The Dark Knight Rises), someone they downplay in the official marketing because spoiler femme fatale reasons (and Ana's name is not even listed in the poster cast billing but received her own personal character poster.) Though that also happens because they do not in fact have a big role or the role got cut down in editing! :)

As Craig claims here:

Daniel Craig: “I should always be so lucky to work with a woman like [Ana de Armas]. This is a movie where there’s a lot of **** going on, a lot of big acting, myself very much included, but she shines through because she’s the real deal. She’s got very good comic timing and we’re not offering her a huge part. But she came in and just nailed it. She had very little to go on, the scripts are being rewritten, you’re changing things all the time or throwing them at her, and she’s not fazed by it.” (February 18, 2020)

Other (older) articles w/ Ana:
Bond Women: How Rising Stars Lashana Lynch and Ana de Armas Are Helping Modernize 007
From ‘Knives Out’ to Bond, Ana de Armas is on the rise
All About Ana
How ‘No Time to Die’ could evolve the concept of the 'Bond girl'
Ana de Armas on Shooting a Havana-Set Bond Film in London: "I Wish We Were Actually in Cuba"
'Knives Out' Star Ana de Armas on Declining to Audition and 'Bond' Chemistry with Daniel Craig
Ana de Armas Is Conquering Hollywood in Record Time
'Knives Out' certifies Ana de Armas as a star, just in time for 007 and Marilyn Monroe

Ana de Armas: “I wouldn’t say [Paloma]'s ordinary, because when she needs to perform her job, she does. But [she] is flawed. She says what she feels, she’s nervous, she’s scared. It’s human. When I read it, I was like, ‘Oh, wait — I can be a Bond girl. I’m that. I’m that messy.’ That’s what felt so attractive, on top of what she’s actually doing in the story, which is another step toward giving women a more powerful and strong place in the films.” (November 22, 2019)

Cary Fukunaga: "What are the things the audience expects? Cars, gadgets, fun action scenes. And then who is gonna be the new female that's going to be a friend or enemy? It was very exciting to try to figure out a character [with Ana de Armas's Paloma] that would subvert expectations." (December 4, 2019 - Slide 9)

Cary Fukunaga: "[Paloma] sort of [occupies more of a traditional femme fatale role]. We tried to subvert that as much as possible. The character was there when Phoebe Waller-Bridge came on board. But Phoebe and I spent a lot of time discussing: 'How do you make what people expect out of this iconic Bond character, that we see in these Bond films, surprising but fun, intelligent and a person in their own right?' Ana was someone I wanted to work with for a while. We almost did a project together the year before. So when this was coming about, that character didn’t even exist in earlier drafts. I just texted her. I was like, 'Hey, Ana, do you want to do a cameo?' And basically, I created a character around her, and tried to do something that Ana hadn’t done before." (December 4, 2019)

Last edited:
"No Time To Die" is the UK's number one song, this marks the first number one for Billie in the country and is the biggest opening week of all time for a Bond theme

Back then the Beatles were just some silly band that upperclass or stiff english class didn't really get. They probably expected the band to break up in a year.

Bond being a well versed middle aged gentleman wouldn't care about the Beatles.

They weren't taken seriously.

What is up with the posters and marketing for this film? Did everyone at marketing just give up? Was this a mandate by the higher ups? Did they just hire a third party to do it?

It’s like no one except the cast and crew working on this film franchise cares anymore.

You’re absolutely right, instead of Daniel Craig’s vampiric blue eyes we should have gotten...a giant ass again.

9dhjuntlnnn7.jpg

According to TheBond Live Fan Twitter Account, the pretitle sequence for No Time To Die is the longest ever for a Bond film.it clocks in at 20 minutes

According to TheBond Live Fan Twitter Account, the pretitle sequence for No Time To Die is the longest ever for a Bond film.it clocks in at 20 minutes

That info is from an official source and is in the spoiler article I posted above. :) Guess I didn't need to spoiler tag that part.

Well, 6 minutes more than TWINE.

If that's true it doesn't surprise me. The opening is probably in Rome with Bond and Swann, establishing their idyllic lifestyle before it gets interrupted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"