RoboCop Reboot - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks pretty cool! Hopefully it's touched up a bit in post production.

i just dont like the color really but other than that it looks fine

That must be SWAT mode, because Social mode is not as black if I remember correctly. Additionally, I did forget one thing that I was slightly iffy about was the fact that there is one human hand intact.

But I'm liking the look, I wonder how it will look on screen.
Wait......that's how it's gonna be in the movie? I don't think I like that.

That must be SWAT mode, because Social mode is not as black if I remember correctly. Additionally, I did forget one thing that I was slightly iffy about was the fact that there is one human hand intact.

But I'm liking the look, I wonder how it will look on screen.
So youre saying the suit has more colors to it? How is the colorcheme described in the script? What parts break up the black sotospeak?

Apparently his car was there too. My dad walked past it but didn't knew what the fuss was about and didn't take a picture. I later had to tell him when he got home that he walked past the new Robocop car. His face, ":wow:". He described it as almost Knight Rider-ish and full black.

So youre saying the suit has more colors to it? How is the colorcheme described in the script? What parts break up the black sotospeak?

Ya Social Mode is describes it as more grey/bluish if I'm not mistaken.

I do really like the design of the suit though, a lot of black I admit. But the actual structure of the Helmet and suit is pretty darn good.

...not sure if I'm digging the one-human-hand thing. Looks odd.

Looks cool!! But why is one hand bare in the pic I ask? hmm must have left it bare for the other human abilities he may still have.. lol

Last edited:
I dig the helmet, but I don't like the plain black of the suit. Looks bland. But, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up looking a bit different on film.

Some people have said it looks like the bat suit but with a visor..if anything that's a failure on the bat suit side of things.

I like that this is different, however it seems a little on the post modern bland side of things. It's almost like producers looked at bat's and tron and made the safe logical choice. Ironmans approach would have been more robo cop than this imo. And the matte texture(if it is that) is a tres bad idea, it just means the cgi will suffer.

see ironman's suitcase armor bith with black instead of red and a mouth piece.

It's a very meh suit in that shot, but I can see it looking much, MUCH better in action. You see this is why you release a promo shot before filming.

KMBw8.jpg

The only thing I don't like about this is that whenever a Mass Effect movie is made, they'll be saying how Shepard is a rip-off of the new Robocop... :o

It's actually interesting. I want to see this in context though.

Looks a lot better than what I was expecting, don't like the exposed hand though, makes it look more like a suit than an android body. Does anyone know what version this is since there's meant to be upgraded versions throughout the film isn't there?

Haven't finished reading the script yet, so can anyone say which version of the suit this is?

Looks a lot better than what I was expecting, don't like the exposed hand though, makes it look more like a suit than an android body. Does anyone know what version this is since there's meant to be upgraded versions throughout the film isn't there?
I think it's the last one, where it changes colors depending on what Robocop is doing. If he's just patrolling, the suit is supposed to look like a blue cops uniform, but when he goes into "intimidation" mode, the suit changes to all black to look like a SWAT uniform.

Overall, I'm not a fan of the way it looks. I wish they stuck with the silver/chrome look.

The only thing I don't like about this is that whenever a Mass Effect movie is made, they'll be saying how Shepard is a rip-off of the new Robocop... :o

I was trying to figure out what it reminded me of and you got it.

5840196116_3860e47a49.jpg

I really just don't like the matte black of the Robo outfit. The chrome is just as iconic as the visor, IMO.

Thought of Mass Effect the second I saw it. Granted I need to see it in its proper context, but my initial reaction is that I hate it :)

First thought – it's alright, while nowhere near as iconic and striking as the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"