RoboCop Reboot - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think in the context of the movie he will look more like a robot.

i have one complaint . i dont like that the swat color is only one color. there is no contrast. some parts should be IMO 8% darker and some brighter. they could visually seperate torso,arms,legs,.....

That's the problem with most designs in movies today. If they go for a one color only its all monochromatic. The color(s) are all matte and identical instead of having different shades (minor patterns, different parts of body,etc) so the design can pop out and offer a slight variety.

i think it would be great if in the final fight he loses the right hand. could be emotional.

No it is exposed in the film. The script talks about many times how he has one human hand intact.

Seriously ?

Well then I hope they saved his johnson as well so he can at least fap while he's recharging his batteries.

I just don't see the point of saving the hand other than a lame nod to the 80's movie.

And in that movie they spoke of saving his entire arm. So why not expose his entire arm then ?

It's really not just a nod, in the script it does seem to have a bit of symbolism, and to the company in the story, they want some human aspects of him so that people don't feel he's just a scary killing machine like they do with the ED-209's and EM-208's. It's not just a nod, it does go a little deeper then that.

Does Ed 209 change colors too? I hope he's not just black.

You'd think his face would make him human enough.

Half ton of bulletproof armor and an exposed human hand unable to withstand a cut made with a sheet of paper. Genius.

OCP can't afford a Kevlar/nomex glove?

Is there a scene where Robocop saves a boy, and he gets frightened so Robocop pats the kid on te head with his human hand. "It's okay..see I'm human."

Really dig his SWAT look. Seems pretty functional especially if he's in a fire fight. Love the new visor too. But I do agree I wish they would've had different shades of black.

Maybe you should read what I said again. OCP knows it can make the hand robot easy, if something ever did happen to it. The reason OCP keeps the hand is to give them good PR, and make the Robocop series seem human enough where people won't reject the idea of having machines domestically protecting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"