RoboCop Reboot - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of a different coloured suit, what if Alex Murphy's damaged body gives OCP even more incentive to erase his memories and eliminate his ethics?

What is this obsession with destroying all possible character development in the movie?

What is this obsession with destroying all possible character development in the movie?

:doh:

Since when was my comment implying that I wanted to erase character development? I'm more interested in the fact that OCP realizes that it's a problem to keep Alex Murphy's consciousness alive in the suit, as it's overriding their program. Moreover, Michael Keaton's character's plan seems to be to use RoboCop as a front for what he really wants: to "mechanize" America.

As for character development, last time I checked, 1987's movie erased Alex Murphy's consciousness and had him revisit his past in order to move beyond simple machine logic, that doesn't sound like "destroying possible character development." I'm not saying the reboot will follow that story ad verbatim, but if OCP is concerned about their product, you can't expect them to not take action (even if it's drastic).

Last edited:
peeeerfect

pazGY88.jpg

^ Holy freaking cow man :wow:! That suit is so beautiful and badass in that pic, I think I have an idea to what I finally want to do as cosplay.

in 2012 ( or was it 2013) when i found out that they will replace the grey suit in the middle to change it to black i prayed......i prayed that the the grey suit will look bad. that they will make it on purpose look bad so that the black looks more advance and cooler. but NO.

they made the grey suit look like a robot and the black like rubber. hollywoooooooood

in 2012 ( or was it 2013) when i found out that they will replace the grey suit in the middle to change it to black i prayed......i prayed that the the grey suit will look bad. that they will make it on purpose look bad so that the black looks more advance and cooler. but NO.

they made the grey suit look like a robot and the black like rubber. hollywoooooooood
I'm not sure if you've been reading our thoughts but I think the black suit is part of the satire of the whole thing and they made it look cheap and platic like on purpose, hence why the silver suits we've seen look so much better made and sleeker.

That would be one expensive cosplay!
I think I'm actually going to go for it, I've debated on what character to do for so long and I am just so in love with that design.

i can accept a design that looks bad because of satire. but i dont understand why it looks like plastic. soft plastic that bends. it doesnt look like a car material.

peeeerfect

pazGY88.jpg
I prefer his old gun but that suit looks seriously incredible. I really hope he does end the film in this suit some how, it looks fantastic compared to the black one.

I really do have high hopes for this movie, I cannot stress enough how badly I want this to be good it could be a potential new franchise.

I don't think the black one looks like rubber, at least not in the scenes from the film I've seen. The set pics made it look that way, but so far, from what I've seen of it in the movie, I like it. I like the silver suit better though.

I'm almost certain he's ending with an iteration of the classic suit by the end of it. The black suit is the physical manifestation of Padilha's new themes and something that is done by Keaton's character by the end of it Robocop regains a metaphorical freedom by donning a version of the classic silver/blue suit we all know.

Anyone holding onto the hope that we will get to hear the classic theme reworked at some point in the film?

Hearing the theme would be amazing I haven't even thought about it, I have a feeling if we were going to hear it it would've been in the trailer.

Holy crap the silver suit is incredible. So badass. Damn i wish we were getting that the whole film

That looks damn cool! Here's hoping it's his actual final suit.

My feelings aside (I can't wait for this movie!) I just wonder why they wouldn't have just blacked out that exact silver suit design? It's not the color that we have trouble with, black with a red visor is badass, but it's that it doesn't look as heavy hitting or mechanical as the silver. The silver looks like a serious cyborg, I wish they would have friggin painted the silver suit jet black and threw the red lights in his visor!

Anyway, with those stupid fanboy feelings on the table, I do understand the direction they are taking with the existing black suit. It's more streamlined and LOOKS like a man inside a suit for a legitimate reason, unlike the silver suit. The team behind this movie obviously could have made the black suit more mechanical looking or just a repaint of the silver, but there is a lot more to its than that. He cant be a mechanical monster, or a prototype cyborg out there on the streets.

The movie will be GOOD, I know that, nothing groundbreaking, but it's certainly the best thing for Robocop since 1987 bar none. Remember the only reason any of us loves Robo is because of the original film, and this remake is a contemporary take on that classic movie we all love, there's no harm at all in making it, and in NO way does it damage the original film. Trust me that would have happened with robocop 2 and every single thing after that! (3,the pg series, the embarrassing prime directives, ....alpha....commando............)

It puts Robocop BACK in the positive spotlight and on people's minds. He needed a modern update. The character is TOO good to be stuck with such a crap legacy after the first masterpiece.

This is a FANTASTIC time to be a RoboCop fan, wether your anticipating the remake or not. It benefits us all.

I would wait to see the movie before saying anything like that.

I would wait to see the movie before saying anything like that.

Say what? No matter what the remake is a good thing for Robocop. Even if it's a mediocre movie, In no way will it be worse than Robocop 2 or 3 or anything else that followed them.

It will be a good movie though. Early impressions have been great. It's hitting the right notes. Not everyone will like it, some will hate it, and some have already made up their minds. But that's how movies are. this much passion and care doesn't go into something that will be an absolute embarrassment. The designs are great, the cast is amazing, and the director is even better. I understand the skepticism, but talented people can actually pull off decent movies if the care enough. It's extremely evident that the people involved care this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"