RoboCop Reboot - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just not a fan, cause he doesn't look like a robot. He just looks like a regular guy in futuristic SWAT uniform. The exposed hand doesn't help, either.

I'm sure it'll be fleshed out with lots of post-production cg gewgaws.

Looks very Iron-Man-ish, will reserve judgment until I've seen more of it as well as Kinnaman's movements in it (which will help sell it, imo). I don't hate it at all, but it will need a bit of getting used to. The original suit is so iconic that it's hard to see anything else but that suit (and that is not a bash on the new suit, just a general feeling).

I'm just not a fan, cause he doesn't look like a robot. He just looks like a regular guy in futuristic SWAT uniform. The exposed hand doesn't help, either.

A feeling that could easily change in context, with cinematography and physical acting. These are still just spy-photos.

I like the visor but otherwise the whole suit looks too bland with just the use of the colour black. Hopefully it'll come together better on the finished product when there's more to judged with aspects like sound design is added like on how he moves and CG if it's needed.

Umm, his hand won't be exposed in the movie. The actor just isn't wearing the glove in this shot.

How stupid would it be to keep his hand like that in the film.

No it is exposed in the film. The script talks about many times how he has one human hand intact.

A feeling that could easily change in context, with cinematography and physical acting. These are still just spy-photos.
Of course, but I'm going off of what we have right now.

I like it alot. It looks like Murphy will actually be able to be agile and can run. It's much better than the original suit, which has dated tremendously. It's like the Nolanverse Batsuits or Captain America's suit in The Avengers. They look bland in stills, but on film, they look great. This will be the same.

It's funny how derivative games are to movies, and now how movies are dervivtive of games (at least visually). This Robocop looks like he just step out of a PS3/Xbox game.

I wish they could have worked some silver into it. It looks too plain all black.

I wish they could have worked some silver into it. It looks too plain all black.

According to set reports, this is his "SWAT mode." He has more color in "social mode."

According to set reports, this is his "SWAT mode." He has more color in "social mode."

That's interesting. The helmet is good; the rest I can take or leave.

The best part is probably that they actually built the damn thing, rather than using a CG-storm.

i think in the context of the movie he will look more like a robot.

i have one complaint . i dont like that the swat color is only one color. there is no contrast. some parts should be IMO 8% darker and some brighter. they could visually seperate torso,arms,legs,.....

Well the one human hand intact/exposed is certainly one way to differentiate this Robo from the previous films/versions for the neutrals, seeing that was the hand Clarence blew clean off. :cwink:

Well the one human hand intact/exposed is certainly one way to differentiate this Robo from the previous films/versions for the neutrals, seeing that was the hand Clarence blew clean off. :cwink:

It may be that part of the costume was just removed for whatever reason; actors walking around and even filming in incomplete costumes is pretty common.

The colour changing of the armour depending on his mode is cool. Throw in some hints of the grey/silver/metallic blue, etc. and it will make it a lot more visually interesting, imo, as well as throwing a nod to the original in appearance terms.

"We were able to save the right hand" :lmao:
i hate homages like this. ''hey lets make a 180 and make it the other way around. in the original movie they didnt keep the hand. in our movie the didnt remove it. ''

ohohohooh :whatever:

It may be that part of the costume was just removed for whatever reason; actors walking around and even filming in incomplete costumes is pretty common.

Quite true. Although Solidus has read the script a few times I believe, and mentions the exposed human hand is present in the story. I haven't finished reading the script myself yet, so can't confirm at this moment.

Quite true. Although Solidus has read the script a few times I believe, and mentions the exposed human hand is present in the story. I haven't finished reading the script myself yet, so can't confirm at this moment.

Eh, that would be unfortunate--looks weird to me. Shrug.

What would be the point of saving his right hand, when the rest of his arm is cybernetic? Unless they saved the whole arm and part of his torso.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"