Suit, Muscle.. is Brandon the problem?

Discussion in 'Superman Returns' started by Saph, Sep 9, 2005.

1. agreed great picture :D

2. \S/JcDc\S/ Registered

You mean the one that isn't just pretending to be a mod? ;)

3. LOL!!!

No i mean EXCELSIOR! :cool:

4. \S/JcDc\S/ Registered

5. M.E.H.Z.E.B Banned Usèr

Thank you JcDc... :up:

I shall merge them at once :cool:

:rolleyes:

6. \S/JcDc\S/ Registered

Somebody ought too though :rolleyes:

7. afan Registered

I too was struck by the impact of the manip, and wondered why.
    As many posters have done, I totally bought, and cherish Christopher Reeve's portrayal of Superman, my ultimate hero. Reeve's heroic battle after his tragic accident re-inforced my admiration for him, and increased the sentimentality I hold for his role as Superman. My fanboy dream was to see Reeve walk again, but alas that was not meant to be.

I believe very strongly it is that emotional attachment that caused my immediate positive reaction to the manip. Not only have I yet to see Routh as Superman I have yet and hopefully never will see Routh react as a human being to as great a personal tragedy as Reeve did. Reeve's shoes are awfully big ones to fill, both as an actor and a man. It is unfair then IMHO to hold a Reeve mirror up to Routh.

Also perhaps as the description of the scenario that this shot appears in indicates; a powerless Superman is being hunted by Luthor, which calls for a performance from Routh that effects his demeanor and expression creating a somewhat anxious Superman. Whereas the photo of Reeve used in the manip appears to show the sure and confidant Man of Steel that we more readily associate with the character.

8. Milkman95 Movie Extra & Actor

I'm immature because I see the darker red as being satisfactory for Superman? That's hilarious. I think complaining about a shade of red that happens to be a bit darker than the so-called "classic" red more childish than anything I've ever read on these boards. I view you as the one that is childish and not acting like an open minded adult should, but whatever.......

And I have proven with my posts with all the different pictures of Superman that the suit has indeed changed through the years, which proves my point of there being no supreme definition of what Superman should look like, as long as it's not to the extreme like the suit being black with no cape................

9. supesfan80 Registered

finally, a rational, well-thought, and logical post. You are right. Lokking at Reeve in Roth's suit...it looks absolutly fantastic. That's because my mind associates Reeve with the role. I like Routh in the new pics, i really do, but with Reeve there it just confirms that the suit is better than fine and that the only thing required to make this movie my favorite is a simple adjustment in my psyche. That, I am sure, will come in the theater.

10. muscaremy Registered

one way to find out who "looks" more like superman is to find some poor schlump of soul whos been living under a rock and has never seen nor heard of the superman movies with reeve and then show them that same pic with routh and reeve.

and see who they say

11. Venom71 Registered

Wait...I thought the ones who like the suit are The Dark Side. :D

12. not on my shift there not.

:D

13. Showtime Your Friend In Time

Thanks for your compliments and I am glad we agree.:up:

14. dark_b Registered

i dont know how but i realize something. a lot of people think that reeve is the greatest superman. istn it crazy that some people think that reeve is a better superman than routh? but lets not forget that this people didnt even see the new movie.

fact is that acting in the 70s was different than it is now.
    people FACT is that routh will not act like reeve.
    fact is that superman returns will be very different than the old superman movies.

a lot of you must realize that brandon routh will not be a copy of reeve. he is a new actor in a new movie for the new kids.

so what can you do ? you have 4 ............ yes four superman movies with reeve as superman. watch them.
    but please stop saying that reeve was the best superman.

fact is that he was the only superman...................... UNTIL NOW :)

last fact: a lot of fanboys will not like the new movie........... why? because reeve will not play superman.

my english is very bad.... so if you didnt understand me.......... than we have a problem.

peace :up:

15. Scooter Registered

How can any of you ***** about the colors?! You haven't seen the movie yet! If it turns out that by some gross under-utilization of modern film-making techniques digital grading is not used to make a difference post production, then all of the suit-haters can whine about it for the rest of their lives. The suit-likers need to stop saying it's right or "it fit's with Singer"s Metropolis" because it's muuuch more than likely to change from the photos we've seen to the actual film footage. Everybody pick something else to argue over! And welcome me to the Hype! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!:down :up: :supes:

16. dark_b Registered

welcome to the hype....... but i think that the suit must fit in.and it fits in singers vision.

17. Scooter Registered

You haven't seen Singer's vision yet. You've only seen tidbits, morsels of a finished product, and yet somehow, in your mind, you have cobbled these tablescraps into a fully prepared meal. I for one will not be sitting down to the table just yet...and thanks for welcoming me.

Dammit, I'm hungry.

18. superhey Registered

Agree!
    I real fan of Superman accept Brandon Routh, HEY, it could be worse, we almost have Nicalas Cage or the Russell Crowe to do the Man of Steel.[​IMG]

19. muscaremy Registered

or brendan frasier.... wasnt he rumored once or was that for sumtin else

20. superpal2 Registered

you are right. routh just doesn't have 'it'. at least not from all the pics we have seen. his acting ability??? i doubt so... look at all his pics, his serious looks are all the same expression...

but who cares...

he gonna be superman... and the new generation will gladly accept that. (dean cain as an example)

21. Thunder Emperor Registered

yes i think have a point.

22. M.O.Steel Wayne Inc. Tech Support

This is what i said in another thread:

I find it kinda sad how Christopher Reeve tried his entire life to break out of the typecast as superman. He didn't want to be forever known as superman, but as a great actor. That's why he never got any other major roles, because there are people out there who see him as Superman, not the great actor who convincing looked like superman. I think it's almost a spit in his face saying that he is superman, not an actor. Dean Cain has the same problem.

Chris Reeve was a great superman and a great actor. Don't ruin his legacy. He's gone now, and we have a new superman. Brandon is NOT replacing CR, just picking up where he left off. We certainly shouldn't put his face on brandon's body. It almost seems like he can't freaking get away from it even after he's passed away. I think those pictures of CR's face on BR's body should be removed because it is mocking CR, even if it was made with the best intentions. He passed away, and we should respect him, not paste pictures of him on other people.

Dana Reeve thinks brandon looks just like her husband, yet you guys can't. She's moved on, and wishes Brandon luck as the next guy holding the torch, not saying that he is ruining her husband's legacy. Sometimes you guys need to just grow up.

23. drknight With Kung Fu Grip!

AHEM--

24. Orko Is King Registered

Give this guy a cookie.

25. Pickle-El Registered

Not even a shout out......I must be slippin. :rolleyes: