Superman Returns Suit, Muscle.. is Brandon the problem?

bale is shorter than freeman and neeson definitely.

ive been lookin at these threads now for the past four years without ever signin up! i have now n how could someone blame brandon routh for the fact that it isnt ur superman?? someone makes a manip of christopher reeve and all of a sudden its the perfect superman? because he has a bigger head and because of the fact that he has been THE superman for three generations!!!! how ridiculous is that? i am absolutely buzzin at the fact that a new superman film is bein made! the special effects, the story, the cast n the music make this film worth seeing! brandon routh looks the part, whether or nor he can act the part remains to be seen but comic con swayed a lot of peoples minds and bryan singer hasnt really dropped the ball yet has he? i cant wait for this film to come along so that nearly every person who finds something to complain about shuts up! this will be one of the biggest films ever and i think it will go the way of batman begins. no one has complained about that film because it is very very good but you find the same people moanin about the same things! the suit! the emblem on the suit! the cape! oh my god hes not big enough when hes about three times the size of most people writing on this board!!!! im sure that people will find loadsa stuff to complain about when it comes out though..... like why was supermans hair parted on the right hand side when it should have been on the left or whatever? WHO CARES!!!! could you direct a 200 million dollar film and make it entertaining to the masses? didnt think so....

well said, bp.

but one thing... personally i don't think BB is a very very good. i prefer more tim burton's batman.

bts0070uv.jpg

we said this is a pre-production shot. it's just a trial. we will hardly see it in the movie.
but after seeing some of his superman shots... i still fail to see he has 'it'. is that my problem or his?

the 'it' returns.

sf2 said:
bts0070uv.jpg

we said this is a pre-production shot. it's just a trial. we will hardly see it in the movie.
but after seeing some of his superman shots... i still fail to see he has 'it'. is that my problem or his?

the 'it' returns.
I would say that it is your problem I see Superman in Routh
:up: :supes:

sf2 said:
...after seeing some of his superman shots... i still fail to see he has 'it'. is that my problem or his?
Neither. For those that don't see "it," it's Warner's problem.
shrug.gif

<- feels the pain.

AgentPat said:
Neither. For those that don't see "it," it's Warner's problem.
shrug.gif

<- feels the pain.
:up: i was so worry and almost want to get my eyes checked. that's right. it isn't my problem. it's WB's problem. what's a relief.

Venom71 said:
I would say that it is your problem I see Superman in Routh
:up: :supes:

LOL The only way Routh will have "superman in him" is if he shares the sort of love that we dares not speak its name in these forums with TOM WELLING! :o

sf2 said:
bts0070uv.jpg

the 'it' returns.

It's not you my friend it's BRANDON... He just simply doesn't have the "IT" Factor.. HE just doesn't look like SUPERMAN!
Funny story I just recently started a new job, and today I was training with this supervisor whos 27, stright, married with kids, and he was telling me how he needed to go home early on thursday cause he didnt want to miss Smallville.
I didn't even bring it up the whole convo started because he said he was going to be late tonight, and that his wife was going to be mad because his wife wanted to see her favorite show... He takes her to work, and picks her up everyday, he then told me that the only 3 shows he watches is Surface, Lost, Smallville.. I said "cool you like Smallville?" He was like "Oh man I F'in love that show! That s**t is awsome!" I asked him if he was going to watch the movie, and his exact words were "Yea ill eventually see it but im not excited about it, and probably won't see it in theaters.." I asked him if he had seen the guy who plays Superman, and his exact words were "Yea that's the reason im not excited about the movie.. He is the bad part of the movie..." He also went to say that he hated the suit, and thought it made a joke out of the character, and he said he almost threw up when he read that Singer said that this is his most romantic, and funny movie ever.
I swear on my kids life on this... I was laughing my behind off, and safe to say today I made a new friend at my new job.
The guy's right on the money with his thoughts, and again only proves my point even if only to me that im not the only one upset about the casting in this flick.
The general opinion is that Routh, and the Suit are all wrong.... The WB, and Bryan Singer have not only let the fans down but they have let the character of SUPERMAN down...
So yea it's not you.. It's BRANDON.

FEAR THE KNIGHT said:
LOL The only way Routh will have "superman in him" is if he shares the sort of love that we dares not speak its name in these forums with TOM WELLING! :o

You must have missed the casting wars.....there was anything BUT love for Tom Welling when everyone was attacking him last June-August. :rolleyes:

Troll, be happy, you're getting your loving man wearing a suit on Smallville's final episode. You'd think that would be enough for you to stop your *****ing about Routh.

Which WB did btw, as a way to satisfy current Smallville fans AND as a way of doing it only AFTER Superman Returns hits the theatres next year and Routh is plastered EVERYWHERE as Superman.

FEAR THE KNIGHT said:
It's not you my friend it's BRANDON... He just simply doesn't have the "IT" Factor.. HE just doesn't look like SUPERMAN!
Funny story I just recently started a new job, and today I was training with this supervisor whos 27, stright, married with kids, and he was telling me how he needed to go home early on thursday cause he didnt want to miss Smallville.
I didn't even bring it up the whole convo started because he said he was going to be late tonight because his wife wanted to see her favorite show he then told me that the only 3 shows he watches is Surface, Lost, Smallville.. I said "cool you like Smallville?" He was like "Oh man I love that show! That s--t is awsome!" I asked him if he was going to watch the movie, and his exact words were "Yea ill eventually see it but im not excited about it.." I asked him if he had seen the guy who plays Superman, and his exact words were "Yea thats the reason im not excited about the movie.. He is the bad part of the movie..." He also went to say that he hated the suit, and thought it made a joke out of the character, and he said he almost threw up when he read that Singer said that this is his most romantic, and funny movie ever.
I swear on my kids life on this... I was laughing my behind off, and safe to say today I made a new friend at my new job.
The guy's right on the money with his thoughts, and again only proves my point even if only to me that im not the only one upset about the casting in this flick.
The general opinion is that Routh, and the Suit are all wrong.... The WB, and Bryan Singer have not only let the fans down but they have let the character of SUPERMAN down...
So yea it's not you.. It's BRANDON.

Excuse excuse, Wellingite. I'm not believing you about this guy you mention, especially when it sound laughable about how you made it up. And you claim WB & Singer let down the fans? Please! They only let down those whiny fanboys who demand what they want. They didn't let me down yet & I'm a fan. And the general opinion is all wrong? More like your opinion, not what everyone is feeling. And you don't know nothing if they let the character down 'cause you haven't seen the damn movie. :rolleyes:

FEAR THE KNIGHT said:

I didn't even bring it up the whole convo started because he said he was going to be late tonight because his wife wanted to see her favorite show he then told me that the only 3 shows he watches is Surface, Lost, Smallville.. I said "cool you like Smallville?" He was like "Oh man I love that show! That s--t is awsome!" I asked him if he was going to watch the movie, and his exact words were "Yea ill eventually see it but im not excited about it.." I asked him if he had seen the guy who plays Superman, and his exact words were "Yea thats the reason im not excited about the movie.. He is the bad part of the movie..." He also went to say that he hated the suit, and thought it made a joke out of the character, and he said he almost threw up when he read that Singer said that this is his most romantic, and funny movie ever.
So yea it's not you.. It's BRANDON

I could have sworn you made this exact same post about 1 month ago when you were at work and you brought up Smallville in front of the water cooler :rolleyes:

FEARTHEKNIGHT.......give it up man. You're fighting a losing battle.....Routh hasn't even given his performance yet, and he has you ****ting your pants because you think in 2 hours he and Singer might just be able to very quickly restore the name of Superman to heights never seen before (including ALL incarnations)...and you don't like the thought of millions upon millions of people seeing Brandon Routh as Superman in 06' and beyond.

IS that what bothers you so much? Because, I'm pretty you won't be able to convince the millions of kids who see this movie that your boy is a better pic when Brandon Routh is the one with the S on his chest flying across the silver screen. :o

AND, you better hope that nothing close to the 57 Million people who saw Superman:The Movie in theatres in 1978 come out to see this new one.......oh boy, wouldn't that to happen!!!!

J

Pickle-El said:
You must have missed the casting wars.....there was anything BUT love for Tom Welling when everyone was attacking him last June-August. :rolleyes:

Troll, be happy, you're getting your loving man wearing a suit on Smallville's final episode. You'd think that would be enough for you to stop your *****ing about Routh.

Which WB did btw, as a way to satisfy current Smallville fans AND as a way of doing it only AFTER Superman Returns hits the theatres next year and Routh is plastered EVERYWHERE as Superman.

The only troll is you Pickle...Your a troll because you keep coming here, and picking fights, and started flame wars.
STOP REPLYING to my posts, and put me on ignore if you don't like my opinions... But STOP TROLLING!

P.S
I doubt welling will ever wear the suit since he would make Routh look like a fool in a bad costume... Oh wait! He already looks that way lol... :o

Pickle-El said:
I could have sworn you made this exact same post about 1 month ago when you were at work and you brought up Smallville in front of the water cooler :rolleyes:

FEARTHEKNIGHT.......give it up man. You're fighting a losing battle.....Routh hasn't even given his performance yet, and he has you ****ting your pants because you think in 2 hours he and Singer might just be able to very quickly restore the name of Superman to heights never seen before (including ALL incarnations)...and you don't like the thought of millions upon millions of people seeing Brandon Routh as Superman in 06' and beyond.

IS that what bothers you so much? Because, I'm pretty you won't be able to convince the millions of kids who see this movie that your boy is a better pic when Brandon Routh is the one with the S on his chest flying across the silver screen. :o

AND, you better hope that nothing close to the 57 Million people who saw Superman:The Movie in theatres in 1978 come out to see this new one.......oh boy, wouldn't that to happen!!!!

J

Well if you must know the story I told a month ago was about my friend SETH who was in my old job who's a comic nerd, and he came over to my desk, and saw this very site up, and I has the "Caption this" page up, and he saw the picture of brandon, and his words were "dude thats the new superman? man this movie's going to lose so much money..." he doesn't care about SMALLVILLE, and doesn't care for the older movies.
He likes the comics cause he's a comic nerd, and he even said Welling would be a better Superman.
Now this story is diffrent from the one that happened to me TODAY!
I don't give a rats behind if you believe me or not pickle I will live thank you very much...Your opinions, and stupid comments don't mean anything to me.
As for me fighting a dying battle guess what! IM NOT FIGHTING ANY sort of battle you twit!
Im only expressing my opinions on here, and since you didn't actually put me on ignore like you said you would dude It shows that your getting a kick out of starting flame wars... SO YEA STOP TROLLING, and LEAVE ME ALONE!

Oh, and trust me this movie is going to do nothing but make Singer, the WB, and Brandon Routh into the laughing stock of hollywood...

You know kind of how you are in your own house hold.... :o

Nightwing1977 said:
Excuse excuse, Wellingite. I'm not believing you about this guy you mention, especially when it sound laughable about how you made it up. And you claim WB & Singer let down the fans? Please! They only let down those whiny fanboys who demand what they want. They didn't let me down yet & I'm a fan. And the general opinion is all wrong? More like your opinion, not what everyone is feeling. And you don't know nothing if they let the character down 'cause you haven't seen the damn movie. :rolleyes:

I don't care if you believe me or not.. It's the truth, and that's the bottom line.
You are allowed your own opinion, and unlike others here I wouldn't argue with you on your opinion.
If you like the movie good happy someone does... Enjoy it.
No hard feelings here cus I don't care what you do with your life.

FEAR THE KNIGHT said:
The only troll is you Pickle...Your a troll because you keep coming here, and picking fights, and started flame wars.
STOP REPLYING to my posts, and put me on ignore if you don't like my opinions... But STOP TROLLING!

P.S
I doubt welling will ever wear the suit since he would make Routh look like a fool in a bad costume... Oh wait! He already looks that way lol...
:o

^^^^^^^^^^
And,
I'm the troll....this is the Superman Returns board and look at what you are typing out. Right, I go to the Smallville board and pick fights and backhand the show every chance I get. :rolleyes: Don't get mad because I call you out on your 'opinions' that are nothing more than disguises to bash Routh/Singer/SR by saying, 'oh i know so many smallville fans that won't watch the movie because it's stupid. They all think Welling should have been Superman.'

Am I wrong, is that not your defense everytime you get called out? It's hilarious, someone on your side of the fence tends to call someone like me a 'sheep'. When in fact, all YOU do is praise a show that has no bearing on SR, bash the principal actors, bash the director, and pretty much bash everything you get the chance too. While on the other hand, I pretty much am taking a wait-and see approach. One which, seems to not be an option anymore on this board. So, while I am waiting and seeing (and liking so far) what I see, and you, bash whatever you can while bringing up and praising certain TV show and it's principal actor, I must ask........Who's the sheep here, who's been the sheep all along?

OH, and I can't wait for Thursday...you know why?!?!? Because, I'm waiting and seeing, and I like the commercials I've seen so far. NOT BECAUSE, someone else was cast as the lead for the motion picture, and I feel the show is a throwaway waste of time. If I was like you, I would done the exact opposite and never even bothered after S4 was over.....

You may be opinionated, yes. But, you really reach sometimes with the logic.....that's where it gets you in trouble with all the others posters here.

***** about brandon all you want when you can name somebody whode be better that is an unknown and is not tom welling. when the trailer comes out your all going to be eating your words.

Excel said:
***** about brandon all you want when you can name somebody whode be better that is an unknown and is not tom welling. when the trailer comes out your all going to be eating your words.

MIKE OHEARN is better then both Routh or Welling, and he is an UNKNOWN! :o

MainDrive-17.jpg

MainDrive-4.jpg

MainDrive-7.jpg

Superman.jpg

SUPERMANASGCover.jpg
cdrom-superman.jpg

^

Better, as far as what? Which one has the biggest roid' induced head this side of Barry Bonds!?!?

Pickle-El said:
^

Better, as far as what? Which one has the biggest roid' induced head this side of Barry Bonds!?!?

Roids or not the guy simply looks the part, and that's something that Routh doesn't have going for him... :o

Pickle-El said:
^^^^^^^^^^
And,
I'm the troll....this is the Superman Returns board and look at what you are typing out. Right, I go to the Smallville board and pick fights and backhand the show every chance I get. :rolleyes: Don't get mad because I call you out on your 'opinions' that are nothing more than disguises to bash Routh/Singer/SR by saying, 'oh i know so many smallville fans that won't watch the movie because it's stupid. They all think Welling should have been Superman.'

Am I wrong, is that not your defense everytime you get called out? It's hilarious, someone on your side of the fence tends to call someone like me a 'sheep'. When in fact, all YOU do is praise a show that has no bearing on SR, bash the principal actors, bash the director, and pretty much bash everything you get the chance too. While on the other hand, I pretty much am taking a wait-and see approach. One which, seems to not be an option anymore on this board. So, while I am waiting and seeing (and liking so far) what I see, and you, bash whatever you can while bringing up and praising certain TV show and it's principal actor, I must ask........Who's the sheep here, who's been the sheep all along?

OH, and I can't wait for Thursday...you know why?!?!? Because, I'm waiting and seeing, and I like the commercials I've seen so far. NOT BECAUSE, someone else was cast as the lead for the motion picture, and I feel the show is a throwaway waste of time. If I was like you, I would done the exact opposite and never even bothered after S4 was over.....

You may be opinionated, yes. But, you really reach sometimes with the logic.....that's where it gets you in trouble with all the others posters here.

blah blah blah... blah blah blah... :o

By the way im not trolling you twit look at the topic in this thread... :o

FEAR THE KNIGHT said:

I don't disagree with you that O'Hearn looks like a comic book hero come to life. His acting just sucks major suck. As for him being better than Routh or even Welling, I think you may have been smoking the Bat-Pipe too much as of recent. It seems as though we'd have to agree to disagree. On a different note, does anybody else find it odd that Sandy Collora's (I know the spelling is different) last name is also a disease? How lovely is that?

ohern does look the part. but youd be being ignorant if you say that looking the part is more important than acting the part, my friend. and you cannot say that-for a fact-routhe is a bad superman in terms of acting. so your arguments dead in the water.

FEAR THE KNIGHT said:
you are joking, ain't you?

Excel said:
ohern does look the part. but youd be being ignorant if you say that looking the part is more important than acting the part, my friend. and you cannot say that-for a fact-routhe is a bad superman in terms of acting. so your arguments dead in the water.
Definitely. We have no idea how Routh will ACT as Superman. I've heard most of the prophecies of doom surrounding the movie based on looks alone. This is the kind of reaction I heard at comic shops when Keaton was cast as Batman (and being eight years old at the time I'd only remembered him from movies like The Dream Team, Beetlejuice, and Mr. Mom so I was puzzled too), only to have many people (including my old man) recant and repent upon their first viewing of the film. Am I skeptical on the choice of an unproven unknown? A tad. But if Routh is as good a find as Jackman was, then a new "custodian" of the Superman mythos will be born next June. Besides, Reeve looked like a complete turbo-nerd before people had the chance to watch him fly. Major turbo-nerd. :supes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"