Survivor: Blood vs Water

Monica made the right play in sticking with her alliance, she had nothing to gain by switching at this point. The time to make a move is next episode and even then it wouldn't be a good move since you'd most likely end up with two people who are very bitter at you in the jury and can poison other peoples opinions.

It was a shame that the RI player didn't return this episode but the producers have to follow the pre season plan for how things play out.

I think that Tyson has the game pretty much won if he makes it into the final 3. Gervease and Monica really should take the risk of going with Ciera or the RI player rather than going with him if Tyson doesn't win the final immunity challenge.

It seems like the entire jury has a reason to dislike the alliance, so I think if Ciera or the RI winner make it to the final 3, they will win. If Tyson's alliance makes it to the end, I predict Tyson will get every vote, because Gervaise is a dick who didn't do anything, and no one will vote for Monica because she didn't flip. If Ciera AND the RI winner make it to the final 3 (which can only happen if one of the alliance (i.e. Monica) flips, then it could get interesting. Likely Ciera would win against anyone except proabably Hayden.

I agree with most of the posts; if Hayden or Ciera make it, they will win. If both make it, Hayden would take it. When Katie arrived at Ponderosa, all four of them (Aras, Vytas, Caleb and Katie) made comments about how Gervase killed his chances at winning with the way he was acting.

Unfortunately the only way either Hayden or Ciera make it is if Monica switches and I just don't see that happening. She has this idea in her mind that the jurors are going to give her credit for being loyal, etc. It's baffling to me that after 27 seasons, people still cling to that notion. Sure it's a warm, fuzzy feeling in your gut, but in the end it doesn't amount to much.

The final 4 will include at least 1 non-alliance member, and that person can get into the final 3 by winning the final immunity challenge. If Hayden is the RI winner, he's got a real shot at it, though he will probably have to win the final 2 immunity challenges to do it, unless he can convince the alliance that Ciera deserves their hatred (might be one of the reasons he kept telling Ciera to go after Monica by herself, so she would get all the animosity, if he was planning that far ahead).

Gervase has just been bizarre this season. Even from the beginning, he was physically performing like **** and yet decided to hoot and holler when the rest of his tribe pulled it out and, in fact, placed a target on his niece's back. Now, he still has done virtually nothing noteworthy that wasn't carried out/thought up by Tyson first, and yet he's mouthing off at Tribal like he's King of the goddamn island.

He's honestly just a huge combination of factors that will ensure he doesn't walk out of this game a winner.

Sad to see [blackout]Hayden[/blackout] lose the R.I. challenge. It was to be expected. These types of challenges favor small women. I think [blackout]Tina[/blackout] has the best chance of flipping Monica. So that's something.

I will say one good thing: Hayden will probably get asked back. After proving to be one of the best tribal council players ever (maybe second only to Brian Heidik in that aspect of the game) and probably the front runner for America's choice, he will definitely get asked back.

I think if Laura flips, she could win. Tina has no chance. It would be Ciera vs. Laura. I think Ciera would probably take it, but I think Laura has a better chance against her and Tina than as Tyson and Gervase's puppet.

Well, provided Gervase doesn't flip in the final 4, Tyson wins. If he plays the idol on Gervase, even if Laura flips, it doesn't matter.

Of course Tyson is going to play the idol for Gervase. He'd be insane not to, especially after the flip out from Laura.

He said it to Katie, I think. Which is odd. Why would you provoke a juror who has not one but two votes in her pocket (her and her mom) and her mom has some sway over Aras and Vytas. Why Tyson would provoke her and lose maybe 4 votes is beyond me. I see it as his ego. Tyson has a massive one and he lost all control last night. He was bitter, lashed out and it might've cost him.

Wow, what a foolish move. If it was Ciera I could understand it...heat of the moment and all that, but Katie?! The arrival back at camp and Katie's arrival at Redemption will be interesting next episode.

Katie brought it up. Came back to bite him.

I think Monica is going to win this. Wow.

I dunno if this jury is bitter or it is just a clever edit. I think it'll be Aras, Hayden, Caleb, Tina for Tyson. Probably Ciera too. That's a majority.

Its hard for me to get too excited about Tyson winning for the exact reason Probst just said...you've played three times. And he's played terribly twice. He's made one of the most boneheaded moves in Survivor history. Its hard to think of him as a deserving winner.

Also, I hope Probst puts Colton through the ringer tonight, though I'm guessing he'll just snub him. Probst clearly doesn't think that Colton deserves the attention he gets.

Last edited:
Probst just gave Hayden and Ciera huge props. Guaranteed we'll see both of them back in the future. I hope next time Hayden plays, he takes a more aggressive role from the beginning. Same with Ciera. Hayden played a great game. In the end he just didn't have the numbers. Ciera showed potential. I'd like to see both again.

Meh, Ciera voting out her mom gets pimped up as such a big move but her mom was going home regardless. It didn't change anything. Jeff acts like it was the biggest move he's ever seen.

I'd love to see Hayden again, him and Vytas are probably locks to come back.

Oh Kat. I don't know whether to laugh or face palm her.

I kinda feel sorry for Kat, I think she said Hayden's the only guy she's ever dated that hasn't been embarrassed to be with her. No wonder she's so insecure. Not sure what was funnier: that she got a boob job to try and stop Hayden breaking up with her, or that Probst had no idea what she was talking about. :funny:

Yeah... She definitely have self confidence issues.

Congrats to my fellow Utahn Tyson for winning. I quit watching BvW when Arrow started its second season in October, but am glad to see another winner from the state that I love and call home.

It seems like the entire jury has a reason to dislike the alliance, so I think if Ciera or the RI winner make it to the final 3, they will win. If Tyson's alliance makes it to the end, I predict Tyson will get every vote, because Gervaise is a dick who didn't do anything, and no one will vote for Monica because she didn't flip. If Ciera AND the RI winner make it to the final 3 (which can only happen if one of the alliance (i.e. Monica) flips, then it could get interesting. Likely Ciera would win against anyone except proabably Hayden.

I should've thrown in the caveat that "unless someone has a personal issue with Tyson, he will win every vote." Vytas proved to be that one vote. Can't say I remembered the "promise" he made to Tyson, but I guess he wanted to show that he wasn't making an empty threat when he was voted out by not voting for Tyson. Good job, Vytas, I guess.

In fairness, Vytas tweeted this last night:

Tyson played the best game. I'd have voted for him had it been in question. Luckily, I had room to vote for 2nd place.

So you were kinda right. :funny:

Ho hum. Yet another winner who was obvious from the merge on. The other survivors seemed to know it too, and were perfectly comfortable playing for second place. :whatever:

Thank heavens we're getting an all-newbie season next year. I'm excited to hear there will be three teams of six since that worked out well in Philippines. What's the producers' obsession with themed seasons though?

Tyson is a deserving winner, he played the best game and managed to stay in control pretty much the whole time.

Not sure about next season, the whole Brawn vs brains vs beauty seems like a weird way to go since the tribes would presumably be very unbalanced at the start of the season. Hopefully they will manage to make it interesting, I´m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt since "Blood vs Water" actually turned out really well.

As much as I got to really dislike Tyson, he deserved to win. Him or Hayden.

If Cierra had won, that would have pissed me off a lot more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"