Survivor: Blood vs Water

After tonights episode I´m rooting for either Tyson or Hayden to win.

Ciera made a bad play imo in going with Tyson/Gerv/Monica since in that alliance she could easily by out in fourth. With Hayden/Caleb/Katie it would almost certainly be Katie who was fourth out.

Hopefully Hayden will manage to shake things up next week.

Ciera did indeed make a dumb play, but I think she is guaranteed final 3. Whole jury but her mom will dislike her now. IMO, Gervease has this game locked up. For some reason Tyson seems to think that being a total jerk is some charming strategy. Gervease is just sitting back and letting him take the heat. Ciera will be seen as the turn coat who was scared to make the big play and rode stronger players to the end. Tyson will be this year's Russell. Gervease will win.

I actually think that Tyson is playing a "good" being a jerk game. He gets away with voting out people without angering them because people kind of expect him to do it, and he gets all the credit for playing the strategic game.

Gervease will take a lot of heat from Aras and Vytas and that will most likely spill over unto Tina's and Katie's vote. But then again Aras might decide to be the bigger man and still vote to give his friend a million dollars even though that friend stabbed him in the back.

Yeah, I think the jury will still vote for Tyson if he makes it. We saw Vytas talking about how Tyson's got the game on lock and everyone needs to make a move on him, he'd love nothing more than to prove himself right. Hayden seems to be going the same route.

This episode pretty much confirmed Gervase isn't really doing anything except following Tyson's lead. Notice how it's always Tyson they go to for strategy conversations, and Gervase just gets filled in later. He'd be so clueless without him.

Last edited:
Wow, someone at CBS needs to be fired for the latest promo. It was just featured on the NFL today and revealed two major spoilers:

1) [blackout]Caleb[/blackout] loses the Redemption Island duel and joins the jury.

2) [blackout]Tribal Council will be resolved by drawing rocks after a deadlock[/blackout].

WTF, CBS? You basically just told me the whole episode. I could literally tune in for the last two minutes and see everything of note.

After tonight, IF Hayden makes it to the end, there is no way he loses. That said, he is gone next week unless he wins immunity. I hope that the producers have the good sense to bring in the RI winner next week. It would be silly to wait until another tribal council (at which point, they will be voted out immediately). Production on this show needs to be fluid and next week is when it needs to happen.

Wow, someone at CBS needs to be fired for the latest promo. It was just featured on the NFL today and revealed two major spoilers:

1) [blackout]Caleb[/blackout] loses the Redemption Island duel and joins the jury.

2) [blackout]Tribal Council will be resolved by drawing rocks after a deadlock[/blackout].

WTF, CBS? You basically just told me the whole episode. I could literally tune in for the last two minutes and see everything of note.

I'm glad I didn't see that promo. Tonight was a really fun episode. I can't imagine Tyson losing but I'm sure Gervase and Monica wouldn't want him as final two.

^^^ Me as well. what a great episode, Ciera proved she isn't worthless with that big move she attempted. Wish it worked out for Hayden.

I'm glad I didn't see that promo. Tonight was a really fun episode. I can't imagine Tyson losing but I'm sure Gervase and Monica wouldn't want him as final two.

The funny thing is, I don't think that they have a choice anymore. The jury does not want any of them to win. After tonight, Ciera could conceivably beat Gervase or Monica. She finally made her big move. ESPECIALLY if she flips Monica. Hell, after tonight, she might be able to beat Tyson.

Nine jurors. She definitely gets her mother's vote. She probably gets Katie's vote (and with that, Tina's vote). She needs two more. After tonight, I could see her getting Hayden if she plays her cards right back at camp (and with him, Caleb, depending on who she is against). The brothers have no love for Tyson and Gervase. If they were to backstab Monica and take Ciera to the finals, she will get Monica's vote (Monica is just too temperamental to backstab without loss of her vote).

Yeah, I could see a scenario in which Ciera gets five votes. Plus she has a huge advantage that no one else but Katie or Tina (assuming either get back in the game) will have. She has her mother at Pondersoa lobbying for her. Quite a bit of lobbying goes on at Ponderosa. Guess who is going to be calling out every lie Tyson told. Guess who is going to be pointing to how Gervase rode Tyson's coattails. Having someone at the Pondersoa advocate for you is HUGE. Yep, I could actually see Ciera winning if she makes the finals.

Honestly, tonight really shook things up. Ciera made a much needed big move that could give her the win if she gets to the end. Tyson, Gervase and Monica all performed TERRIBLY at Tribal Council, the jury saw them completely play into Hayden's hand and lose the swing vote. They had to lose some of the jury's respect. Conversely, Hayden had one of the most masterful tribal councils in Survivor history. He played his opponents and Probst like a fiddle. Good players know not to say anything that can compromise you during tribal council. Great players know how to say just enough to invoke a response and play tribal council to your advantage. Hayden did just that by bringing Big Brother theatrics and drama to Survivor and it worked beautifully for him. It is unfortunate that Tyson didn't get voted out, because his play probably won't get the kind of respect in Survivor history that it deserves as a result....but it was beautifully done. He probably gained a lot of respect from the jury tonight. Not enough can be said about Hayden's play tonight. He earned the million dollars if he can find a way to make the end.

So yeah, big winners tonight - Hayden and Ciera...the play didn't work out for them, but Tyson has been exposed as a major threat, Gervase has lost all respect of the jury (they were laughing at him during his flip out). Either now has a legitimate case to make to the jury. Plus, after tonight, both have ensured that they will be invited back to play again. That is the big win for both of them.

Other winner tonight - Monica. She performed the best during tribal council of the big three alliance. She kept her composure and didn't tip her hand (much, her four is better than six line was bad, but Gervase's antics overshadowed it). She has how many immunity wins going for her? She has a strong case if she makes the finals and unlike Tyson the jury doesn't hate her and unlike Gervase the jury doesn't disrespect her. If she has a strong final TC, she could conceivably beat either.

Losers tonight - Katie, obviously. But the big losers are Gervase and Tyson. Tyson let Boston Rob levels of control slip through his hands and Gervase had the single worst tribal council performance I've ever seen outside of players like Naonka, Brandon Hantz and Phillip Shepard. I figured Tyson was a lock, but he might've blown it tonight.

Tyson and Gervase have one move at this point...get the R.I. player to join them. They can beat Katie, they can beat Tina, they can beat Laura M.. That is their play. Get whoever returns to join them and play the, "We didn't get voted out," card at the final TC.

Man, what an episode.

Last edited:
Gervase was comically bad at that tribal. It was probably his fault entirely they had to draw rocks.

CIERA: Oh Jeff, I wasn't offended by Gervase's choices, he probably figured I'd had a lot of rewards already.
GERVASE: Nah, that wasn't the reason. I'd just been with the other two longer.
CIERA: ....

GERVASE: Nobody's flipping in this alliance! It's 1, 2, 3, 4.
JEFF: You just counted Ciera last again.
GERVASE: I was counting them in a completely random order, Jeff.

And what better way to win votes than to call the jury a bunch of bitter losers, right? The only way he could've been worse is if he openly antagonized someone still in the game. Oh wait, he did!

Loved last nights' episode. Matt laid everything out so there's no need to rehash it. Have to say I was laughing out loud during the immunity challenge when the camera kept panning to the ball falling on Katie's head. Between that and Probst schooling her at tribal, I was in heaven.

I was too busy laughing at the outcome of tribal to hear it but did Tyson make some smart*** comment to Ciera or someone after the rocks were drawn? Something about "that's your chair over there" or something to that effect?

He said it to Katie, I think. Which is odd. Why would you provoke a juror who has not one but two votes in her pocket (her and her mom) and her mom has some sway over Aras and Vytas. Why Tyson would provoke her and lose maybe 4 votes is beyond me. I see it as his ego. Tyson has a massive one and he lost all control last night. He was bitter, lashed out and it might've cost him.

He said it to Katie, I think. Which is odd. Why would you provoke a juror who has not one but two votes in her pocket (her and her mom) and her mom has some sway over Aras and Vytas. Why Tyson would provoke her and lose maybe 4 votes is beyond me. I see it as his ego. Tyson has a massive one and he lost all control last night. He was bitter, lashed out and it might've cost him.

Wow, what a foolish move. If it was Ciera I could understand it...heat of the moment and all that, but Katie?! The arrival back at camp and Katie's arrival at Redemption will be interesting next episode.

I didn't get why both Tyson and Probst told Katie she made a big move. WTH? It was ALL Hayden and Ciera. Katie was just a cog. (A cog that drops balls on her head lol)

I respect Katie for making that move. she was 100% safe that tribal but knew she had to take a chance to avoid being booted out 4th/5th. A lot of players wouldn't have taken the risk of drawing rocks in her position.

The whole drawing rocks bit is stupid. Probst should have set up a mini-challenge between Hayden and Monica with the loser going home.

Best tribal council ever :)

Hayden really managed to play that well and I now hope that he will go all the way and win this season.

Shouldn't the returning player thing happen next week? If so then another three way tie could easily happen since I don't see any of the three on Redemption siding with Tyson/Gerv/Monica.

Edit: The rock thing is brilliant since it forces people to take a risk by sticking to their vote. In this case a safe player went home because she didn't change her vote.

Man, Katie fails at everything. Even drawing rocks. It would have been so epic if Tyson went.

Didn't Probst make a comment about how this was only the 2nd time in 27 seasons that they drew rocks? But the drawing rocks thing wasn't always the tie breaker. It used to be fire building. He should only count the number of seasons in which drawing rocks was a possibility.

Fire building is only the tie breaker once your down to four players...

Two huge mistakes tonight:

1) Ciera should've dropped the "they talk **** on you," after Gervase flipped out at tribal. He flipped out about how someone needs to be in control and instantly, Ciera goes back to: "They said mean things about you Monica!" Instead she should've let Gervase's actions speak for themselves. I sensed that was what Hayden wanted to do, but was cut off by Ciera. They should've really pushed, "he sees himself as the one in control of the dog on the leash, he just said it." Really twisted his words against him (which would've caused Gervase to go irate and put his foot deeper in his mouth).

2) The second mistake is that of the producers. For the first time since...well...its inception, Redemption Island actually could've mattered if they brought the person back this week. That would've caused real drama. Instead, the producers held it over for another week, when we will just see the redemption island person instantly get voted out. They are coming back into the minority. Who gives a damn? Big mistake.

^^^ I agree. Was shocked that they didn't bring back someone this episode. Its meaningless who gets brought back next week, the producers should have called an audible and ended redemption island back this week. Poor foresight from them.

The only way I can see RI mattering is if Monica grows a brain.

Gervase is too arrogant to realize that he can't beat Tyson, so he won't make a move.

Monica basically needs to use the RI person to blindside Tyson (but he would be stupid not to play the idol, so she missed her chance to make a move this tribal council). In that case she just needs to take out Gervase and then Tyson next and try her luck against Ciera and the returning player. Its her only way to even have a chance. The only reason she was right to not make a move yet is because she would still be on the outs. RI player comes back, Monica is gone if Tyson plays the idol. The majority isn't Hayden, Ciera and Monica. It is Hayden, Ciera, and RI player. Now, they are stuck in the final three with her. She needs to make a move to have an argument to make to the jury (who already isn't a huge Culpepper fan and probably won't be moved by "I won a lot of challenges"). She cannot beat Tyson. No one but Hayden beats Tyson. So yeah, regardless of who comes back, Monica needs to take out Gervase and carve her own path to the finals rather than count on Tyson's. It is the only way she will have any chance of making an argument to the jury.

Other than that, odds are as follows:

Tyson - If he gets to the finals, he most likely wins, there are a few ways he doesn't but if it is Tyson vs any combination of Monica, Gervase and Tina, he's got the game wrapped up.

Monica - Can only even have a shot if she does what I described above, but even then, it is a long shot for her to beat Ciera or the RI player.

Gervase - Probably can't win. His game has all of the advantages and drawbacks of Tyson's, yet the dude was a straight, unlikable dick. He cannot win. Only think he has going for him is the fact that he is pretty tight with Aras in real life (though that could work against him since he backstabbed Aras, but Aras seem the type to take the game personally).

Ciera - IF she gets to the finals against anyone but Hayden, she probably wins. The jury isn't riding high on Tyson, but they will give it to him over Gervase, Monica and Tina. I don't think they will give it to him over Ciera. She will have Hayden's vote, Katie's vote (and with that Tina's vote), her mother's vote (assuming she isn't sitting next to her), probably Aras and Vytas's vote (swayed by Katie and Tina) and MAYBE Caleb (if he Hayden can sway him). She has the big move on her resume (drew rocks). If she gets to the finals, it will be a result of either brilliant manipulation or a good challenge streak. If she gets there, I think she wins.

As for the R.I. players:

Laura - She'd have an argument. She has been a beast at Redemption Island. That at least gives her some grounds to make a claim that she is deserving of the title. I'm not sure it would win the game for her, but if she sold it right, she'd have a chance. Downside, she's been helping Tina during challenges (for the sake of keeping the player she can most easily beat on RI). Therefore she has pretty much sent every juror to the jury. That's gonna create some bitterness.

Tina - Can't win. Its that simple. Even assuming that her daughter, Aras, Vytas, and Laura M. vote for her, I don't think she can win that one other vote needed. She just has too much going against her. She hasn't played a great game. She was voted out. She already won the million dollars. She came in second at every RI challenge she was in (except the last, assuming she is back in the game). If she is in the finals, she can't win. In fact, I don't even think she'd get Aras, Vytas and maybe not even Laura M. She'll probably get one to two votes.

Hayden - If he gets back in and makes the finals, he wins. End of story. There's no one who can beat him. He has played a great social game and won the jury over with his performance at the past two tribal councils. It was clear the jury was rooting for him. Hell, even Tyson, his opposition, seems to respect him. If he gets back in, he will be up against some combination of Tyson, Gervase, Monica, and Ciera. He will get Caleb's vote, Aras's vote, Vytas's vote, Tina's vote, Katie's vote, probably the votes of whichever two remaining players do not make the final three, and if Ciera isn't next to him, Laura M's vote. Hayden wins in a land slide if he makes it, probably 8-1 or 9-0. That said, I don't think he'll get back in (its an endurance challenge, which generally favors small women...though he is currently well fed, having eaten the day before, something neither Laura or Tina can say). So he probably won't win.

However, I gotta say, Hayden really came alive late in this game. His Big Brother skills have translated well. Big Brother is far more of a social game than Survivor (you are stuck in close quarters, you can't take a walk and cool off, you can't vote the person who annoys you off three days later, hell due to the HOH system you might not be able to vote them off at all and may need to kiss their ass...alliances are always shifting). Hayden has shown the ability to play the game in an intense manner (like the last two tribal councils) and then just shut it off and go back to the nice, soft spoken guy. And more importantly, people don't seem to hold his big moves against him. He is one of the rare players who can make huge moves without pissing anyone off. That is a very valuable skill in Survivor. I hope we see him back at some point.

Last edited:
Ciera is 1000% team Hayden. Bet she wishes he hadn't thrown him and Caleb to the wolves just a couple of days ago lol.

Love how Monica knew they'd target her, then believes every word they say. Didn't it cross her mind they they might be lying, or at the very least, greatly exaggerating? Also, Ciera trying to sway her by telling her to be the strong, independent woman she is. Tyson should've mentioned that Hayden and Ciera don't consider her that strong since they immediately targeted her as the "crack" in the alliance.

It's a shame the returnee is just going to get revolving door'd again, but it is what it is. There's already enough complaints about rigging on Survivor, changing a pre-established returnee spot wouldn't really be fair to Tyson.

I don't think Monica had much chance of winning either way, but if she'd gone with Ciera/Hayden she probably would've been dumped in favour of the returnee anyway and then not even make the end. Even at this point, any of the returnees would be tough to beat. (Hell I don't think Monica had much of a chance of winning from day 1 to be honest, since she is married to a millionaire)

Also I 100% believe that Gervase/Tyson did say those things about her. They never flat-out denied it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"