Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't call her Captain Marvel, he said she is called "Miss Marvel" in the script. Also, Danvers took up the title of Captain Marvel in the current Marvel NOW comics.

And on top of Mayimbe and Faraci, Drew McWeeny also believes there's a very good chance Miss Marvel will be in Avengers 2, and he's the most trustworthy of them all. So yeah, seems like a foregone conclusion that Danvers will be in the movie with 3 well connected people saying people have told them she is.

Just when I thought I can't get anyone excited for this movie!

Balancing all of these characters is going to make or break the movie. 6 characters was tough, now we have possibly 10. That is still without Ant-Man, Wasp, Black Panther and possibly Doctor Strange joining.

I just don't know right now.

Many of the newer characters will have Sitwell like cameos in this film to set up for bigger appearances later, much like how The Winter Soldier is introducing Sharon Carter for a bigger role in Cap 3.

I'm just curious...maybe I'm crazy (most likely scenario), but for the longest time whenever I've seen KIA grills it always makes me thinks of Ultron...looks like Ultron's mouth:

...does this happen with anyone else here?

Last edited:
Balancing all of these characters is going to make or break the movie. 6 characters was tough, now we have possibly 10. That is still without Ant-Man, Wasp, Black Panther and possibly Doctor Strange joining.

I just don't know right now.
It's definitely a lot and handling them all will be one of the toughest parts of making this and future Avengers films work. But a suited up team member is just a character at the end of the day and some characters lead, some support and some have lesser roles as with any ensemble entertainment. Just because they suit up doesn't mean they need a bigger slice of the action than a lesser FOTR member for eg or that every suited up character needs a huge arc in every film. Especially when many have already featured in multiple films and had their personal stories told. I think if Whedon couldn't do it he wouldn't ,or he would want to stay with just the original 6 or just one new Avenger. That he's been obviously excited when talking QS & SW in the past gives me some confidence that he'll be able to handle all the characters appropriately. But yeah, not an easy job, and will get tougher with every new film as more characters are added to Avengers film lore.

I'm just curious...maybe I'm crazy (most likely scenario), but for the longest time whenever I've seen KIA grills it always makes me thinks of Ultron...looks like Ultron's mouth:

...does this happen with anyone else here?

:woot: Are you insinuating something?

It's definitely a lot and handling them all will be one of the toughest parts of making this and future Avengers films work. But a suited up team member is just a character at the end of the day and some characters lead, some support and some have lesser roles as with any ensemble entertainment. Just because they suit up doesn't mean they need a bigger slice of the action than a lesser FOTR member for eg or that every suited up character needs a huge arc in every film. Especially when many have already featured in multiple films and had their personal stories told. I think if Whedon couldn't do it he wouldn't ,or he would want to stay with just the original 6 or just one new Avenger. That he's been obviously excited when talking QS & SW in the past gives me some confidence that he'll be able to handle all the characters appropriately. But yeah, not an easy job, and will get tougher with every new film as more characters are added to Avengers film lore.

If Carol Danvers is in this movie, it'll be to introduce her to the MCU and to the General Audience so that she can have a bigger role later on. Also, there's no need for a backstory on Rogers, Thor or Stark as it's already been told. It's already been said that this film will delve more into Romanoff, Barton, Banner, Vision, Wanda and Pietro. Rhodey played a prominent role in the Iron Man films.

As for Carol? I want Yvonne Strahovski, but Marvel's been trying to get Emily Blunt and Jessica Chastain for some time now.

The Avengers are going to need more than the current team (Cap, Thor, Stark, Hulk, Romanoff and Barton), Wanda, Pietro, Vision and any of their allies (Rhodey, Falcon, Maria Hill, Agent 13, Nick Fury etc) to defeat Thanos in Avengers 3. Besides, Stark, Widow, Hawkeye, Rhodey, Falcon, Hill, Agent 13 and Fury don't have any superhuman powers although Stark, Falcon, Rhodey and Hawkeye have special weapons and suits. Banner, Cap and Thor are the only ones with extraordinary abilities beyond any mortal human (until Wanda, Pietro and Vision are introduced).

Regarding the balancing of the characters, I hope Thor gets a bigger role and more development this time.

Although I thought the first film did a great job balancing its characters overall, I took issues with the way they incorporated Thor. To me, he never felt like an Avenger, but more like someone who was helping out the Avengers. I can't really explain it, but I never felt like I got in his head as much as I did with Tony/Steve/Natasha/Bruce. He felt "just there" because Loki was there. With the four other Avengers I just brought up, I not only felt I more I was in their head but I also felt they had more of an established relationship and dynamic.

Even Hawkeye felt more like a team member than Thor did. He kinda had the same problems I just brought up, but I gave him more of a pass because 1) He isn't as major of an Avenger as Thor is and 2) He had an established relationship/dynamic with the Black Widow, which made him feel more "in" the team.

:woot: Are you insinuating something?

The age has begun, my friend...

:ninja:

but seriously, whenever I see those grills (even before the Avengers sequel announcement) it's reminded me of Ultron.

If Carol Danvers is in this movie, it'll be to introduce her to the MCU and to the General Audience so that she can have a bigger role later on. Also, there's no need for a backstory on Rogers, Thor or Stark as it's already been told. It's already been said that this film will delve more into Romanoff, Barton, Banner, Vision, Wanda and Pietro. Rhodey played a prominent role in the Iron Man films.

As for Carol? I want Yvonne Strahovski, but Marvel's been trying to get Emily Blunt and Jessica Chastain for some time now.

The Avengers are going to need more than the current team (Cap, Thor, Stark, Hulk, Romanoff and Barton), Wanda, Pietro, Vision and any of their allies (Rhodey, Falcon, Maria Hill, Agent 13, Nick Fury etc) to defeat Thanos in Avengers 3. Besides, Stark, Widow, Hawkeye, Rhodey, Falcon, Hill, Agent 13 and Fury don't have any superhuman powers although Stark, Falcon, Rhodey and Hawkeye have special weapons and suits. Banner, Cap and Thor are the only ones with extraordinary abilities beyond any mortal human (until Wanda, Pietro and Vision are introduced).
Agreed. They're going to need everyone and their cousin in Avengers 3. I think these guys can handle it. By then most of the stories of the main players will have been told and A3 will be like a climax to that whole 3 phase arc.

Carol might cameo here and I'm sure she'll fully feature in Avengers 3. We'll need some more powerhouses like her and it will be great to have a woman on the front line.

Regarding the balancing of the characters, I hope Thor gets a bigger role and more development this time.

Although I thought the first film did a great job balancing its characters overall, I took issues with the way they incorporated Thor. To me, he never felt like an Avenger, but more like someone who was helping out the Avengers. I can't really explain it, but I never felt like I got in his head as much as I did with Tony/Steve/Natasha/Bruce. He felt "just there" because Loki was there. With the four other Avengers I just brought up, I not only felt I more I was in their head but I also felt they had more of an established relationship and dynamic.

Even Hawkeye felt more like a team member than Thor did. He kinda had the same problems I just brought up, but I gave him more of a pass because 1) He isn't as major of an Avenger as Thor is and 2) He had an established relationship/dynamic with the Black Widow, which made him feel more "in" the team.
Exactly right on Thor. Probably natural given him coming from outside and having Loki being central to the plot, but hopefully he feels like a real team member rather than ally in this one.

If Carol Danvers is in this movie, I will lose my mind. I've been dying to see her introduced since the MCU became a thing.

If Carol Danvers is in this movie, I will lose my mind. I've been dying to see her introduced since the MCU became a thing.

And I'm expecting just a cameo from her, nothing than a hint of what we will see in the future - I mean her own standalone movie. There must be this first time when a film focusing on female superhero becomes a financial and/or critical success. So far all of attempts of bringing to the screens this kind of characters ended as a flops (Elektra, Catwoman).

And I'm expecting just a cameo from her, nothing than a hint of what we will see in the future - I mean her own standalone movie. There must be this first time when a film focusing on female superhero becomes a financial and/or critical success. So far all of attempts of bringing to the screens this kind of characters ended as a flops (Elektra, Catwoman).

That's fine with me. Whatever gets me a Ms. Marvel movie in Phase 3.

I've never really liked Danvers. And it seems not many other people did until Bendis made her into his pet and gave her a push.

I'd rather Monica Rambeau. She's a more interesting character to me plus we'd get a female and a black superhero to add more diversity. 2 birds with 1 stone and all that.

Why should it matter when someone becomes a fan of a character? Does that make them less of a fan, or somehow less worthy to see a character they like onscreen?

And Carol made her debut in March 1968. She had fans long before Bendis started writing her.

I've liked Danvers since I first got into comics, but DeConnick made me love her. If they can figure out a way, they need to get her involved with the script.

Why should it matter when someone becomes a fan of a character? Does that make them less of a fan, or somehow less worthy to see a character they like onscreen?

And Carol made her debut in March 1968. She had fans long before Bendis started writing her.

You could probably count those fans on one hand :D

But it doesn't matter, it's just an observation. And I prefer Monica Rambeau as i find her a more interesting and unique character.

Carol Danvers, sure. To introduce her with powers and as a full fledged superhero will be tough.

Is it generally accepted that Captain America is the leader of the Avengers?

Both Captain America and Iron Man are leaders. Cap is the leader in terms of tactics and keeping the team together during battle. Iron Man is the leader in terms of team funding, the way things run in the Avengers Tower, and things like that.

Iron Man's line in Avengers "Call it Captain" was about the only clue that Cap's the leader :(

He didn't even get to say "Avengers Assemble!" Iron Man will prob. say it in AoU

He didn't even get to say "Avengers Assemble!" Iron Man will prob. say it in AoU
I think Joss knows who the fans want to see say that line. Iron Man saying it just doesn't feel right.

He may say it in this one or the next one! he really needs to say it in A3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"