Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since she's also known as Claudia Kim, I think we should just call her that instead of "Korean Actress" or Kim Soo Hyun (to avoid confusion to the Korean actor of the same name).

Other names via CBM: Madame Hydra, Jocasta, Tigra or Mantis

would being monica chang require so much secrecy?

Mantis always looked asian to me but i really doubt that's who she would be.

Just like J. August Richards' top secret role in the SHIELD pilot eventually proved to be "some guy".*

*I know he's Deathlok now, but at the time it was kept on the DL that his name was Mike Peters or whatever - that was the reveal after its initial build-up.

Last edited:
"a substantial supporting role" -- is there anyone in this film whose role isn't substantial? ;)

It could be substantial now that Scar Jo is going to be out when she's done shooting her scenes. Unless they shoot the final battle scene during the Scar Jo fast tracks next month or they CGI her face to her stunt doubles body during the final battle, SW will be the only female Avenger, which is the same as in the first movie. Sharon Carter is not in this one.

Out of all of the female Avengers I want to see in an MCU movie that we have not seen yet, Wasp, Spectrum and Captain Marvel are the only ones I want to see.

My first thought was that she could be playing Madame Hydra.

Well whoever she is playing at least we got some new news which I'm glad of

secret identity implies probably someone central to the plot or connected to someone they havent revealed yet.. wasp would be good, but i dont know anything about her acting to suggest whether it would work or not

she is doing the scarlett johansson mo-cap

The only roles that I can guess at that would require secrecy would be Madam Hydra (since Marvel still hasn't officially released that "spoiler" from CATWS yet, even though by now it's the worst kept "secret" in MCU history), or an Asian Janet Van Dyne (a la the Ultimates). Since Evangeline Lilly's character in Ant-Man seems more likely to be Janet, though, I'd bet on Madam Hydra (aka "Madam NOT Viper, Since Fox Has the Rights to That Name and Already Screwed Up Her Character Over There." Such a long name. Why the long name?)

Plus, Madam Hydra makes sense based on Von Strucker being in this movie.

Also, regarding the earlier rumor about this actress' identity:

The earliest report said that she'd be playing a doctor to Tony Stark, and would be involved with the creation of Ultron himself. I think she'll be portraying a seemingly good doctor who helps Tony "implant" Extremis armor into his body and brain --- the Extremis armor literally exists *inside* Tony. That Extremis armor later gets controlled by Ultron, who is quite literally a virus who takes over Tony Stark's body and hacks into his brain.

This is pretty much the whole premise of the earliest Mighty Avengers story arc, where Ultron took over Iron Man. I've been advancing this theory for months now, yeah, but I think this Korean actress gives this theory a lot more weight; especially if her secret character turns out to be Madam Hydra.

Also, regarding the earlier rumor about this actress' identity:

The earliest report said that she'd be playing a doctor to Tony Stark, and would be involved with the creation of Ultron himself. I think she'll be portraying a seemingly good doctor who helps Tony "implant" Extremis armor into his body and brain --- the Extremis armor literally exists *inside* Tony. That Extremis armor later gets controlled by Ultron, who is quite literally a virus who takes over Tony Stark's body and hacks into his brain.

This is pretty much the whole premise of the earliest Mighty Avengers story arc, where Ultron took over Iron Man. I've been advancing this theory for months now, yeah, but I think this Korean actress gives this theory a lot more weight; especially if her secret character turns out to be Madam Hydra.

That would make some sense. The character she's playing could be filling the role Maya Hansen played in the comics, in regards to Tony injecting himself with a modified version of Extremis.

Also, another character she could be playing is Hurricane. Hurricane is a Korean villain who was a part of 'The Liberators', the Ultimate Comics version of 'The Masters of Evil'. She possessed super speed and faced off against Quicksilver, who killed her by holding her and ran so fast she disintegrated.

Last edited:
That would make some sense. The character she's playing could be filling the role Maya Hansen played in the comics, in regards to Tony injecting himself with a modified version of Extremis.

Also, another character she could be playing is Hurricane. Hurricane is a Korean villain who was a part of 'The Liberators', the Ultimate Comics version of 'The Masters of Evil'. She possessed super speed and faced off against Quicksilver, who killed her by holding her and ran so fast she disintegrated.

Hmmm...interesting, very interesting.

cannot-be-unseen.jpg

:lmao:

I know, it bugged me out too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member