Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it's true he's an old man, he was frozen for a good bit of his life, and hasn't actually had the experience of a lifetime that a truly old man would have. In a lot of ways, Cap is still a young man.

Id say Cap is young physically, old mentally. If you were born in the early 1900s, served in WWII, youd certainly have more in common with 95 year olds than 30 year olds. Its like apples and oranges. Although Sam becomes Steves friend, but thats more about being a fellow war veteran than him just wanting to hang out with someone younger I think.

Last edited:
Yeah like his interest in music and movies would be more in line with a 95 year old than a 30 year old.

Steve's in a unique situation because while he may technically be 95, he lost about 70 years of life experiences. So while he may have certain interests and values in line with modern day 95 year olds he doesn't have some of their wisdom. But, that's part of what made Steve the right choice for the SSS, his heart.

Yeah he's definitely not a modern 95 year old or a modern 25 year old. He's an old-time 25 year old. It's true modern 95 year olds used to be old-time 25 year olds, but they've grown and experienced things in 70 years, and he hasn't, so while they may share similar values they are inactive. They have no need to adapt to the world as they're on their way out.

So youre basically saying hes a 95 year old in a 25 yr olds body. Thats what I originally said.

Steve Rogers in 2014 is basically the same Steve Rogers from 1944. Good ol guy, humble, quiet. Thats pretty much my point. Hes never going to change who he is at heart (Captain America), but he will experience new things and grow a bit more as a person of course.

Heres another idea i have on this topic:

If you sat Steve down with a table full of WWII vets (or regular old people from his era), all 95 years old. Then sat him down with a group of 25 year olds. Who would he connect with and have more of a understanding for? Id say the people of his time period. Hes not even close to being a human being from the 80s or 90s.

Last edited:
If someone froze us and took us to the far future we would still act like our current age, just lost in a time period we're not used to. We wouldn't have aged physically or mentally.

Look up how 25 year olds acted and what they were into in the 40s.

Well, we know Cap's eaten modern day food.

Serving in World War II would make you grow up beyond 25 years. Add to that the era he grew up in and the unique kind of selfless person he is. Its not like he was a regular 25 year old *****e from today.

So youre basically saying hes a 95 year old in a 25 yr olds body. Thats what I originally said.

Steve Rogers in 2014 is basically the same Steve Rogers from 1944. Good ol guy, humble, quiet. Thats pretty much my point. Hes never going to change who he is at heart (Captain America), but he will experience new things and grow a bit more as a person of course.

If you sat Steve down with a table full of WWII vets (or regular old people from his era), all 95 years old. Then sat him down with a group of 25 year olds. Who would he connect with and have more of a understanding for? Id say the people of his time period. Hes not even close to being a human being from the 80s or 90s.

That's not really a fair comparison. He'd connect with WWII vets because he is also a WWII vet. He was able to connect with Falcon initially because they're both vets, but Sam is clearly VERY different and from a VERY different era than Steve. He was also able to connect with Black Widow despite her being from a different time/circumstances. So it's not that cut and dry, black and white.

That's not really a fair comparison. He'd connect with WWII vets because he is also a WWII vet. He was able to connect with Falcon initially because they're both vets, but Sam is clearly VERY different and from a VERY different era than Steve. He was also able to connect with Black Widow despite her being from a different time/circumstances. So it's not that cut and dry, black and white.

Hes not a regular 25 year old. Hes a WWII vet in a 25 year olds body. He could get along with everyone but I think he still identifies more with people of his time (and all vets) than your average 25 yr old in 2014. Steve is being forced to adapt to his new life/make new friends that are much younger, but that wont change who he is at heart. Disagree if you please.

Last edited:
:hmm :mag

http://guardianlv.com/2014/04/the-x-men-meet-spider-man-in-latest-marvel-rights-oddity/

Marvel is allowed to use those two characters in the upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron, but due to the rights issues they are not allowed to explain the origin of their superpowers – like the X-Men, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are mutants, but Fox owns the rights to mutants and will not let Marvel use that term – which leaves the Avengers filmmakers in the odd position of having to talk around the characters’ origins. Not to be outdone, Fox immediately announced that they too would be including Quicksilver in the upcoming film X-Men: Days of Future Past - meaning fans will have the incredibly strange experience of the same character being introduced on screen within a year of each other, but interpreted in two wildly different ways.

To be fair, Magneto wasn't revealed to be their father until like 20 years after they debuted, and they have much more history with the Avengers than they do with the X-Men. So this is not unprecedented. Heck Pietro probably has closer ties with the Inhumans than he does with the X-Men.

Whedon will skirt the issue just enough and probably poke fun at the whole "non-mutant" thing in dialogue.

I am starting to question Devin Faraci's credibility over his "Wakanda in Age of Ultron" rumors big time.

But why would he bring it up at all if he didnt have a real scoop on it? Oh yeah, movie news people who lie to get traffic. Thats a possibility.

It's an interesting situation anyway, especially for the GA guys who happen to watch both films. Should generate CBM discussion amongst them and hopefully it's a case of which is best because they're both good.

Edit: Re Quicksilver

If you sat Steve down with a table full of WWII vets (or regular old people from his era), all 95 years old. Then sat him down with a group of 25 year olds.

hard to say. the 25 year olds would all be staring at their phones.

laugh-gif.gif

But why would he bring it up at all if he didnt have a real scoop on it? Oh yeah, movie news people who lie to get traffic. Thats a possibility.

The latter. I had my doubts when he said that South Africa was going to fill in for Wakanda because the shooting in South Africa was all second unit.

That would actually be a funny scene in a future movie. Steve is in a waiting room or something and the camera pans down a row of people, all with their heads buried in their phones...until it gets to Steve. Have him doing something utterly ridiculous like reading a (paper) newspaper. :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"