Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup I caught that

where u able to hear clearly which agency had implemented the robots? i saw it on a flight and couldnt catch it clearly...(i think i heard nasa, but its probably wishful thinking)

in IM3, Happy makes a reference to robots replacing humans somewhere.. wonder if its an ultron robot army reference

That didn't have anything to do with Ultron, nor did he mention any specific place.

All he said was that Tony already uses so many robots, that they should phase out the "Human" element of Stark Industries' Human Resources and replace them with robots seeing as their "humans" in human resources werent doing a good job.

It was a joke, and not a hint at ANYTHING related to Ultron or anything else in the MCU.

The scene in full goes:

Happy: "Tony has got them in his basement, they're wearing party hats, this is an asset that we can put to use.

Pepper: "Uh huh, So you're suggesting that I replace the entire janitorial staff with robots?

Happy: "What I'm saying is that the human element of human resources is our biggest point of vulnerability. We should start phasing it out immediately".

Pepper: "What? Did you just say that? Happy. Ok. I am thrilled that you are now the head of security. Ok, it is the perfect position for you"

Happy: "Thank you. I do appreciate it."

Pepper: "However, since you've taken the post..."

Happy: "You don't have to thank me."

Pepper: ".... we've had a rise of staff complaints of three hundred percent.

Happy: "Thank you."

Pepper: "That's not a compliment".

So I repeat, that has nothing to do with Ultron.

I'd say it's a subtle nod.

Barely that.

But yeah, I guess it does at least acknowledge the fact that robots that could do such a task, as a human can, exist.

Though honestly, I'd say the Life Model Decoy line said by Tony in the Avengers did a better job of that.

in IM3, Happy makes a reference to robots replacing humans somewhere.. wonder if its an ultron robot army reference

Considering that Drew Pearce and Shane Black wrote the IM3 screenplay, and it was before Joss had even conceived Age of Ultron, I'd say it's nothing more than a coincidence at best.

However, if you want to go all foreshadowing on it, I'll go a step further and say it reinforces *my* theory that Ultron literally *replaces* Tony Stark/Iron Man.

Considering that Drew Pearce and Shane Black wrote the IM3 screenplay, and it was before Joss had even conceived Age of Ultron, I'd say it's nothing more than a coincidence at best.

However, if you want to go all foreshadowing on it, I'll go a step further and say it reinforces *my* theory that Ultron literally *replaces* Tony Stark/Iron Man.

I actually like your theory. Alot.

And at the very least, I think its plausible. Now that's not to say Tony will become a woman, but I think there's a chance Tony injects himself with Extremis, only be taken over by Ultron.

Or, in a variation, Ultron infiltrates his tech and takes over JARVIS who, so far in this universe, can hack into pretty much any computer system imaginable. And as far as this universe goes, taking over JARVIS is taking over Iron Man.

Happy saw Dum-E and U cleaning Tony's lab (ineptly, in Dum-E's case) and thought they could be mass produced and used as a cleaning crew. That's all. Those two bots are so far from a sentient robot army that it's laughable. They do have a complex relationship with Tony, though I don't think that either of them lusts after Pepper. :ninja:

tumblr_m52hg2xoD51qbqozno1_500.gif

Actually, Joss already planned on having Ultron as the villain for the sequel before the first avengers film was even finished.

I actually like your theory. Alot.

And at the very least, I think its plausible. Now that's not to say Tony will become a woman, but I think there's a chance Tony injects himself with Extremis, only be taken over by Ultron.

Or, in a variation, Ultron infiltrates his tech and takes over JARVIS who, so far in this universe, can hack into pretty much any computer system imaginable. And as far as this universe goes, taking over JARVIS is taking over Iron Man.

Well he will have a decent role, when it comes to bringing Ultron into the world. Idk about replacing though

James Spader:

...and yes, actually, just this weekend I went in for them to take very extensive photographs, head scans, body scans, and all kinds of things in preparation for figuring out how the hell I’m gonna fit in this Ultron character! I think it'll be a lot of fun and it's incredibly nostalgic for me. When I was a kid my best friend had trunks of comics and I didn't have any so I used to love going for sleepovers at his house. Also I have three sons and two of them have a great interest in comics so they're excited I'm playing the role.

ScarJo:

We’ll be shooting that in January. I think we’re taking it to the streets this time, I think we’re going overseas.

Last edited:
Very interesting.

Glad to have a more exact start time, as well as confirmation that Spader's role as Ultron will go beyond vocal performance.

Overseas? Could she mean... WAKANDA?

:ninja:

Yeah I know, hopefully that's what she means. More exotic locations is never a bad thing, especially in an Avengers movie :up:

So ultron could be an actual physical armor and not just CG?

I'm thinking he'll be mocap.

Perhaps we'll see some practical bits, and maybe a full scale model for lighting and scene reference (ala the Iron Man movies), but that's it.

Happy saw Dum-E and U cleaning Tony's lab (ineptly, in Dum-E's case) and thought they could be mass produced and used as a cleaning crew. That's all. Those two bots are so far from a sentient robot army that it's laughable. They do have a complex relationship with Tony, though I don't think that either of them lusts after Pepper. :ninja:

tumblr_m52hg2xoD51qbqozno1_500.gif

Just imagine if Spader's casting was like Kingsley's in Iron Man 3: Ultron is a smokescreen and the real villain is Dum-E, who decides to enact a campaign of revenge against Stark for all of the years of threats and abuse. :oldrazz: The Age of Dum-E.

I, for one, am hoping not to see Spader in a mo-cap suit.

P.S. - LOVED him in Lincoln. He was great.

Reports of them filming in Africa and the UK have been going around for a while, so who knows.

Yeah, there's some big studio over in London that they'll be filming in, I saw in some report. I don't know if it's the same place they're filming GotG, but I think it's supposed to be pretty state of the art.

Spader oozes charisma and menace on the blacklist, this is a great choice. Ultron being mocap would be my choice, it worked out well for Hulk.

Can't wait for this film to kick into high gear, I don't think I will ever leave this thread once that happens

I honestly wonder though on how Whedon is going to be able to give every team member their due credit in this film considering on how Hawkeye kind of got the shaft in the last film since there were already a lot of things going on in the previous Avengers film.

I would imagine that the film should be at least 2 Hours and 40 plus minutes long like how the LOTR films are because they had like an average of 9 characters that needed to be given development within that time span, and considering on how we have 9 major and confirmed characters (6 Avengers, Quicksilver and Wanda, and Ultron) in this film, I would hope that whedon would go for that. But unfortunately, the problem is that Whedon has stated that he hates super long films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"