Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still thinking Howard Stark is more involved than Zola and Stark in Ultron's creation..
Shield being infiltrated by Hydra would play a role and the entire world is almost deceived into it.
Kind of like what someone posted about Ultron hypnotizing Jarvis and leading the masters.. Tricked into it, hacked. Mandarin was called "Master". And we were sort of preconditioned along with the world by certain things that happened in IM3, to manipulate Tony's subconscious and sell the Oracle predictive/analytic software to Jarvis. Killian (not Trevor), screwed up the act/plan, Trevor had to handle things.

Shield agents are trained to look at people's psychologies, so the plan had to be very complicated to fool Shield/rival spies. Many people have infiltrated Shield, with more effective doubles than LMDs. Hydra is trying to secure high level positions of power by replacing powerful people's minds and bodies. Killian lied, it wasn't all about supply and demand. Killian was also putting on a show. Showing off his brain, trying to get funding from Stark and stealing Maya's research/ideas., making himself look more presentable in the future. Killian liked to show off his big brain. Killian used Maya's research, he had been tracking Maya's research before 1999 and does a poor job of selling himself in the beginning. Killian only wants to advance ideas. He has no advanced ideas of his own besides the name Mandarin, and part of the plan to cover up Extremis failures.

Howard Stark also gave Shield the early anti-grav tech for the Helicarriers, and will be featured in CA2 in some way. Possibly alongside Zola... Howard Stark was trying to get androids off the ground back then.
We've been told Ultron is an evolution, I think many people in the world will have a hand in it, over the years, and that it did secretly end up with Pym's brain patterns.... but we're not allowed to know this yet, because Pym himself has become Yellowjacket, and Lang is Antman.... Once they gave the Trevor clone a name it was all over, killian created the name/idea, but he never lived in and brought the character to life, like the man we think we know is named Trevor did.... This man will never tell us his real name... Ever since the dragon named him and created him, there is only the Mandarin ruling the mind of "Trevor" and the "real Mandarin"...

Once you give someone a name it changes them. Maybe Pym forgets his name, has multiple personas, doesn't like the name Ant Man, and this "Trevor" is actually a clone, who wants to be called Mandarin from now on. He brought the character to life, and is based on the mind/genetics of a master Hydra spy the "think tank" collected...
Pym worked for this "think tank" before they became AIM, they were stealing brain patterns, stealing tech, and stealing the destinies of very intelligent people. Killian could not act convincingly enough in 1999 to make Maya give him the Extremis, and Tony saw through his charade at that point. Killian was trying to get his foot in the door, and wanted Stark's money and Maya's mind. Killian never created a single thing by himself. It was all Maya's research, all there in 1999, along with the fix the mechanic could provide, and they NEED Stark's mind to fix Extremis....
Stark's defensive ego has stopped them from hacking all the way into his mind, although the real Mandarin has already secretly invaded Stark's dreams, and made his old nightmares stop....

Stark thinks it's safe to sleep now, but it's not. It's a trick. that's the only way the Masters and Ultron hypnotize him and Jarvis into doing their bidding... It's not Hawkeye who the team must worry about this time, and because they are subtly manipulating his subconscious, Tony does not know why he is doing things...He's been pre-programmed... to respond in certain ways when "Trevor", Tony and Ultron fight for control over the globe...

Howard Stark once ran Shield. Tony is only a consultant right now. But what if all the upper management at Shield suddenly vacates and Howard was one of the good ones they had before he left? They might sort of trust Stark eventually if his father already ran Shield, and Fury is still rogue... Pierce is gone and Maria Hill decides to make Tony temporary director of Shield...The Masters would lose pierce but they'd gain an evil influenced Tony who is now running Shield for them. Secretly the real Mandarin is already in the President's mind, and he was strung up to be taken back after the fight the tv cameras captured. They were just making good tv, that's how you hypnotize the masses into it without them knowing... Hydra will soon have control of the minds of every powerful head of state and industry... Many heads are better than one for the Hydra and the "think tank". Many things in IM3 may get darker and funnier at the same time when we find out Killian was a clone since 1999, and the first Killian really did get off on the "ground floor" like he hoped to... The Killian we saw later is the true actor, in Mandarin's massive play... One they tested Extremis on repeatedly in the early days, who has died many times and changed shape before we saw him. Then breathed fire and had a dragon Tatoo and claimed to have created the Mandarin idea, but he never wore the costume, the name never became a part of him like Scorch's name did. IN the shield show coulson says something like, "oh no they gave him a name". When Killian says I am the mandarin it's not the same way Stark finally realizes he actually is Iron Man after saying the same thing in IM1...

Last edited:
I hope you don't think anybody is actually going to read all of that. :o

I'm not. I took one look at it, saw it was a large wall of text and skipped over it.

There is most definitely, unequivocally, a sword blade in that trailer that rips right through the mask. That's not me seeing things, that's a cold hard fact. You need to watch closer. So either the Swordsman shows up in this movie, or else Ultron goes T-1000 on Tony's ass and starts ripping open his armor.

wow. i've never seen someone be so committed to being wrong, before.:bow:

I'm not. I took one look at it, saw it was a large wall of text and skipped over it.

I could make it simpler but it's very complicated as "Trevor" says
The Master plans had to be complicated and involve many twists and turns to slip past Shield and everyone else.:yay:
What I'm suggesting in a lot of my posts is that there are many lines in IM3 that will take on multiple meanings and make even more sense after phase 2 is over... That IM3 can be looked at forwards and backwards, in a way, like the AIM/MIA thing.

Basically I think we will eventually understand that Killian and Mandarin actually have a Fin Fang foom/Mandarin type relationship and Killian feels like he created him... There are some ways I can see them still using Killian if all this "real mandarin stuff" turns out to be true...

Killian breathes fire and has a dragon tattoo... They referred to that tattoo as Fin Fang Foom, maybe there is more to that.
"Trevor" had a captain america type tattoo in some of the promos.
And maybe it's like a back and forth where sometimes the dragon was the master, and now that it gave this strange man a name, his psychology is altered. He wants the recognition for bringing the character to life..

It involves a lot of infiltration and subterfuge in the secret overthrow of Shield and other powerful organizations.
People not really being who they say they are and all that jazz.
This would include Alexander Pierce although not limited to only him, because if they somehow have a double of him that infiltrated Shield, like in the comics, then there could be more clones, doubles and LMDs we don't know about yet...

Maybe ones we've already seen who were meant to hypnotize Tony and us into believing the wrong things before AoU.

Last edited:
i'm sure that the others will tease him mercilessly about it; if that's the case.

And he'll take it all in stride. He seems to be the type who doesn't really take his acting roles seriously.

I could make it simpler but it's very complicated as "Trevor" says
The Master plans had to be complicated and involve many twists and turns to slip past Shield and everyone else.:yay:
What I'm suggesting in a lot of my posts is that there are many lines in IM3 that will take on multiple meanings and make even more sense after phase 2 is over... That IM3 can be looked at forwards and backwards, in a way, like the AIM/MIA thing.

Basically I think we will eventually understand that Killian and Mandarin actually have a Fin Fang foom/Mandarin type relationship and Killian feels like he created him... There are some ways I can see them still using Killian if all this "real mandarin stuff" turns out to be true...

Killian breathes fire and has a dragon tattoo... They referred to that tattoo as Fin Fang Foom, maybe there is more to that.
"Trevor" had a captain america type tattoo in some of the promos.
And maybe it's like a back and forth where sometimes the dragon was the master, and now that it gave this strange man a name, his psychology is altered. He wants the recognition for bringing the character to life..

It involves a lot of infiltration and subterfuge in the secret overthrow of Shield and other powerful organizations.
People not really being who they say they are and all that jazz.
This would include Alexander Pierce although not limited to only him, because if they somehow have a double of him that infiltrated Shield, like in the comics, then there could be more clones, doubles and LMDs we don't know about yet...

Maybe ones we've already seen who were meant to hypnotize Tony and us into believing the wrong things before AoU.

Shorter paragraphs are your friend.

There's no sword, dude. Screencaps or it didn't happen. The trailer clearly shows the helmet impacting from blunt force with nothing striking it several times.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr5rzSMNmRM[/YT]

Nice try, but there's nothing but a blank screen there. Pretty sure the mods won't let us link to bootleg.

Just look up "The Avengers: Age of Ultron SDCC Teaser Trailer (HD) Marvel" on YT. It's 1:07 long. Check out 0:22-0:24.

You're welcome. :yay:

*Edit: And also 0:29-0:30.

You're welcome again. :)

Last edited:
Nice try, but there's nothing but a blank screen there. Pretty sure the mods won't let us link to bootleg.

Just look up "The Avengers: Age of Ultron SDCC Teaser Trailer (HD) Marvel" on YT. It's 1:07 long. Check out 0:22-0:24.

You're welcome. :yay:

*Edit: And also 0:29-0:30.

You're welcome again. :)

No sword,
those are the Ultrons ear antennae sprouting out through ironmans helmet

We go around in circles because you change the subject rather than accepting correction, and you just refuse to answer my questions that would move the discussion forward. *shrug*

There's no sword, dude. Screencaps or it didn't happen. The trailer clearly shows the helmet impacting from blunt force with nothing striking it several times.

[YT]Jr5rzSMNmRM[/YT]

What speculation have I made? That Tony Stark is good with AI? :whatever:

Fixed. (the yt Code was incorrect) Don't think it counts as bootleg any more now that its been officially released in high quality..

And no sword ... Cs is seeing nonsense

No sword,
those are the Ultrons ear antennae sprouting out through ironmans helmet

Maybe you're right.
I'll grant you that...it's the antennae breaking through.

Still, doesn't change the fact that what's going on here doesn't in the least bit constitute a "reforging" of the Iron Man armor. Doesn't even remotely follow any known technique of "forging," which in actuality, involves melting down metal with heat and reshaping it. But here, Ultron is literally replacing the armor, ripping through it....i.e., replacing Iron Man. Again: Bendis' Mighty Avengers.

Yup.

The Swordsman. :doh:

Here's the joke, WT:

*joke*
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
:dry:

^....and there's your head. Wave bye-bye to the joke as it sails on over. :doh:

I don't see a sword.

I do agree that it looks like the ultron helmet is replacing the iron man helmet, forcefully. Whether that is story related or not, i have no clue.

TRM=LokiD. Calling it right now.

I thought everyone knew that already? He'd be a cool poster around here if he'd just post normally what he knows and not essays. But yeah TRM is LokiD for sure.

I'll grant you that...it's the antennae breaking through.

Backing down so soon? What happened to sticking to your guns, Carnac the Magnificent? I can't wait until you spot Squirrel Girl hiding in Robert Redford's closet in Cap 2 or something.

Backing down so soon? What happened to sticking to your guns, Carnac the Magnificent? I can't wait until you spot Squirrel Girl hiding in Robert Redford's closet in Cap 2 or something.

She's in his hairpiece, man. Slow down the WS trailer. :word:

The thing I like is that Sam keeps these Marvel threads really going, I mean really going instead dying. I mean not that they would but there is always something to talk about when he is around. It can be really awesome. :awesome:

Yes, they've drastically changed Ultron's origin completely, and already ****ed the whole thing up as far as I'm concerned by dropping the ball on Hank Pym, not just here, but in the Avengers proper as well as the Ant-Man movie. All I'm trying to do is figure out what origin story they *are* going to invent for him, and right now, the things they're saying in the press make Zola a far more logical choice to me than Tony Stark (and god knows Tony Stark doesn't need to turn into a Hank Pym personality).

*Wright.

If Edgar Wright hadn't taken his sweet time on Ant-Man, we probably would've seen Hank Pym in Avengers 1 or atleast before AoU.

*Wright.

If Edgar Wright hadn't taken his sweet time on Ant-Man, we probably would've seen Hank Pym in Avengers 1 or atleast before AoU.

According to Feige, the only reason Ant Man is getting made at all is because Wright wants to do it.

And Wright has come out with the reason Ant-Man hasn't been made yet, and it was a pretty good one at that as well. Wright isn't the sole reason Hank won't feature in AoU - If Joss or Kevin wanted him in there, they'd have worked something out I'm sure.

I'm confused...when the heck did Zola start working for SHIELD? I remember that he was captured by the army.

Well, its certainly credible that he basically sold out to the SSR in exchange for protection. Its not canon fact, though; for all we know, he up and ran when he got the chance. Especially after Red Skull was "killed", as the main thing that would make him want to hide from Hydra was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"