THE BATMOBILE THREAD

The Tumbler is literally designed to resemble a bat.

Some great images in this thread. I didn’t know how badly I wanted to see the new Batmobile till I read through. :up:

Last edited:
I think the Batmobile should be used to convey Batman's current character, a "comment" on Gotham's power dynamics and his spot within. Battinson's characterization remains a question mark, but if he's supposed to be a younger, physically leaner, maybe greener and more vulnerable type of Bruce who's better defined by a detective's brain than by brute force, I think a big sportscar Batmobile would detract from that a little. And be just empty coolness. Even a *wide* Batmobile feels a little wrong to me. I'd hope for something more compact and agile that looks like it can smoothly zigzag through traffic. A thin missile of a car.

And to that I'd add something that conveys Bruce's "fanboyism" over cars. There's no real reason to be fighting crime w a classic car in modern day... but maybe he likes them that way. He's not a practical man all the time, he likes his vintage, as long as you put turbo on it.

Something like this new Bugatti mixed with the Telltale Batmobile would be pretty fantastic, I think.

chantilly-2019-bugatti-la-voiture-noire-006.jpg

images
This is exactly what I want.
The thought of a Batmobile like that tearing up the streets of a Gotham that looks like this
GlasgowiStock.jpg

Hand-Luggage-Only-15-8.jpg

yes PLEASE

upload_2020-1-16_14-55-7.jpeg

I'd hope for something more compact and agile that looks like it can smoothly zigzag through traffic. A thin missile of a car.
A black modified Jeep Renegade perhaps? Hehe

The thought of a Batmobile like that tearing up the streets of a Gotham that looks like this
GlasgowiStock.jpg

yes PLEASE

View attachment 31069
GlasgowiStock.jpg

yes PLEASE

View attachment 31069
I'm sorry, I guess I'm too much of a history/architecture nerd, but that is not Gotham to me. It looks too obviously British/Old World. It looks too old and genuine. Gotham needs to look like it is pretending to be old and cultured, but underneath is all steel and fake and American. It needs to be too big and tall to be the real deal:
4975c815dbc27fa368467829c8820f7a.jpg

7235017132_144e041a60_z.jpg

20141109_3910-2_1700x1100.jpg

Oh, I know, but it is still North American Neo-Gothic rather than the real deal stuff from the Old World. The larger windows and squarer, boxier shape go hand in hand with modern steel framing and a New World aesthetic. We have a lot of great 1900s-1940s Neo-Gothic and Art Deco architecture here. That is why Toronto is usually the go-to stand-in for New York for lower budget films.

Last edited:
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but the Glasglow thing may not even be that good an indication to how the city will look.
They've used parts of Glasgow to replicate generic american cities before in other movies.

Glasgow could represent the smaller or less taller part/structures of Gotham, that is if CGI will be added to insert taller buildings. European cities are ideal for closeup shots of the architecture, but not for the wide angle shots.

Batman and Robroyston: Glasgow to be transformed into Gotham for Hollywood film

This isn't even the first time Glasgow was used for parts of Gotham; Nolan used it as well for TDKR.

In World War Z Glasgow was transformed into Philadelphia, in Cloud Atlas it doubled as San Francisco, in Melrose it doubled as New York.

So if they wanted to do so, they really could just use certain parts of the city and transform it into a more generic looking american city, especially since as far as we know they're only shooting some specific sequences in there involving the Batmobile.

I think they probably will use a bit of the city's architecture since it was mentioned in the original report: Glasgow to become Gotham City as new Batman movie to be filmed in Scotland
“Glasgow will be turned into Gotham City and, with the city’s architecture, it’s expected to look great in the new film."
but who knows how much. We should probably hold our expectations.

Any Glasgow Hype guys here?

As much as I like this one, the front end is way too long. Damn right you need "an angle!" lol
Why are we acting like it is an original design? It's just the BTAS Batmobile with the grill covered by the generic Batface from the comics.

Why are we acting like it is an original design? It's just the BTAS Batmobile with the grill covered by the generic Batface from the comics.

I'm not sure how to respond to this, as I never said it was an original design and can't really speak for the others.

I'm not sure how to respond to this, as I never said it was an original design and can't really speak for the others.
I was just being playful. I was just surprised to see it brought up without anyone acknowledge it being the BTAS design. :oldrazz:

Remember how Batman’s first car in the comics was just a bright red car?

I thought a fun way to play with that in a comic, cartoon, or movie might be to have Batman capture some rich, fugitive gangster Gordon and Dent have managed to indict with the right evidence in the guy’s own supercar, and then keep the car as a kind of parting taunt/ trophy... and then realizing he can actually modify it to be a more practical and intimidating vehicle as well.

Glasgow could represent the smaller or less taller part/structures of Gotham, that is if CGI will be added to insert taller buildings. European cities are ideal for closeup shots of the architecture, but not for the wide angle shots.
I really hope so. My all time favourite cinematic depiction of Gotham is still the one created by Anton Furst for Batman '89. The incredible built sets on Pinewood were enhanced with matte paintings. 7f5d08a393db898219519195e0fac623.jpg 4556de71829fe821b35290f223d8f40e.jpg 16843484750cd19c85e93bc852021641.jpg Gotham1989mattPainting.jpg

Had to google what a muscle car is. I like that visual a lot and I'd want them to keep it relatively simple and 70s-looking. Sharper edges, a hint of a hint of a hint of bat-fins, maybe. Have the engine poking out the hood and we're cooking.

musclecars-trrhg3-620x620.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"