THE BATMOBILE THREAD

I'd like to see a Mad Max (V8 Interceptor) style Batmobile.
And a brutal looking Bat-Ram on the front, like a twisted bullbar.

Provided the rumors are accurate, I wouldn't be surprised if this winds up being on the money... and this all reminds me a lot of those old unused Batmobile designs from the Arronofsky Year One movie that almost happened in the early 2000's. I'd be a very happy camper with something like this! :D

EDIT:

Actually, I could also see the new Batmobile resembling the one from the 1990's comics!

1996mm-batmobile.jpg

batman-526-batmobile.jpg

This would be a pretty great direction to take the Batmobile in if they're indeed going for more of a heavily hot-rodded muscle car direction with it.

Last edited:
A kind of less extreme Arronofsky Year One take is the feeling i got

We had a Batman who relied a lot on others, so i can see a Bruce who try his hand at techs. He sure could have access to the latest technology, but i could see him gaining bits and pieces, that he will work on. So i can see a muscle car (from his father, like sugested? ) that he could transform for his crusade

We had a Batman who relied a lot on others, so i can see a Bruce who try his hand at techs. He sure could have access to the latest technology, but i could see him gaining bits and pieces, that he will work on.

Not to mention, it could also be an active decision on Bruce's part to go for a less obviously advanced and armored Batmobile in this take to help deter people from suspecting the local rich bachelor that owns a massive company that makes all sorts of advanced tech. Especially if Bruce's Batsuit and other gadgets in this film are also a bit more 'home made' looking.

That makes a lot of sense :up:

I could see with Reeves and Pattinson an even more obsessionnal Bruce, more in control of all things, covering his tracks every steps all the way

Bring me that same energy, Ash Thorp.

Was never a huge fan of modified supercars, but if can follow this design aesthetic I'm all for it. This is like 1 or 2 revisions away from a pretty cool looking Batmobile already. :up:

Provided the rumors are accurate, I wouldn't be surprised if this winds up being on the money... and this all reminds me a lot of those old unused Batmobile designs from the Arronofsky Year One movie that almost happened in the early 2000's. I'd be a very happy camper with something like this! :D

EDIT:

Actually, I could also see the new Batmobile resembling the one from the 1990's comics!

1996mm-batmobile.jpg

batman-526-batmobile.jpg

This would be a pretty great direction to take the Batmobile in if they're indeed going for more of a heavily hot-rodded muscle car direction with it.

Roughly a decade later, Jim Lee blessed us with these lightly modernized renditions of a classic design. I could go for either one.

Jim%20Lee%20Original.jpg

98fa913f88e9752248d38f7df3141d90.jpg

I'm all about the "BATtering" ram on the front, the Batmobile should be able to clear a path for itself and it's a cool feature we have yet to really see on a movie Batmobile.

EDIT:

1996mm-batmobile.jpg

batman-526-batmobile.jpg

Top pic is perfect.

EDIT:

1996mm-batmobile.jpg

batman-526-batmobile.jpg

Agreed. I love those 1990s Batmobile designs!

How about something like this?
8d3139035b4ec5ea9b75b6ca3a7098e5.jpg
Yeah, I've always liked this. It's basically Burton's on steroids.

I like Matt Wagner. I wish they would let him do more of these stories like Monster Men and Mad Monk. He's got a very distinctive style.

If Bruce made the batmobile himself to avoid having accomplice it will probably be based on a real muscle car. Maybe he can have a batmobile really unique, but is it too far fetched that he build an entire car himself? Suggesting the suit is homemade looking too?

I know those are all rumors, but how much grounded do you think the actors meant during those last interviews?

If Bruce made the batmobile himself to avoid having accomplice it will probably be based on a real muscle car. Maybe he can have a batmobile really unique, but is it too far fetched that he build an entire car himself? Suggesting the suit is homemade looking too?

I know those are all rumors, but how much grounded do you think the actors meant during those last interviews?
I mean... Bruce IS a billionaire genius. Maybe he could build an entire car by himself, I dunno.

Yeah, I've always liked this. It's basically Burton's on steroids.

I like Matt Wagner. I wish they would let him do more of these stories like Monster Men and Mad Monk. He's got a very distinctive style.
Agreed 100%. Thinking about it, this part from Batman and the Monster Men feels like it could fit right in Matt Reeves's Batman:
-ZMo_WlH5E4c79Bzzx3n2g-bsJEzoTu5FblGx1ECP6zQntF9tS_v8Xls0G5k8LajXI2dDTTec2q9=s0

Not Batman in his first year, but not far removed from it. Evoking a very noir feeling.

I said months back, I felt like Gotham and it's gangs played up on the goth/spooky element of Gotham - that at night the streets were ruled by gangs and like, boy racers, illegal street racing etc - so think Fast and furious, Tokyo drift, where some kid had hulk, and all these Neo cars, well imagine the opposite, the dark, drag racers, hearses, choppers, not so much punk/goth but kids that are buying into the culture of Gotham and it's forgotten kids.
So to see a pimped out, gothic car is nothing new and that's the angle bruce takes it, as he wants to infiltrate these gangs anyways, maybe one gang is called 'the court of owls' and it's a feeder gang for the real thing - the members have owl bandana's etc

Plus, Bruce should be prepared to dump the mobile if need be, it needs to be a cheap, fast, reliable battering ram.

Imagine this, swap the silver trim for red. Then maybe swap the side glass for metal shields, with bolts and screws, rivets etc welded and merge the mad max car...Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 10.19.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 10.24.27 PM.png

I just don't want to see a Batmobile too closer to a regular car. It has to be something unique, that you say, "Yes, that's a Batmobile" without thinking too much.

One important element is the way the door open. Forget the regular door or Snyder version (which looks like a cockroach), and give us the BTAS door.

We had a Batman who relied a lot on others, so i can see a Bruce who try his hand at techs. He sure could have access to the latest technology, but i could see him gaining bits and pieces, that he will work on. So i can see a muscle car (from his father, like sugested? ) that he could transform for his crusade
If I’m being honest, the vibes and visual look I’m getting from this movie ... in combination with Matt Reeves style as the director, it’s actually feeling like a more faithful adaptation of that story / script.

Especially with casting Robert Pattinson, who is only 33 or 34 years old, and looks maybe even a few years younger than that, they’re basically doing a more respectful to the source material adaptation of Aronofsky’s Year One Batman:

Which has me incredibly excited, because beyond some of the weird twist to the script, even just reading it, was basically the most emotional I’ve ever been reading or watching something Batman related. Including the heart wrenching letters Bruce would write in the script to his dead father, taxi driver style.

And Colin Farrell already commented on how the script is really emotional. So this gives me great hope.

It’s a great read I suggest everybody take a gander at it. Not to mention it also has Catwoman, and Falcone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"