THE BATMOBILE THREAD

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by TheIronist, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Milkman95 Movie Extra & Actor

1.Burton
    2.Snyder
    3.Schumacher - Forever
    4.Nolan
    5.Reeves
    6.Schumacher - B&R
    7. '66

2. WayneMB Registered

both

3. Mindreaper21 ?????

1. Nolan
    2. Burton
    3. Forever
    4. Reeves
    5. Snyder
    6. ‘66
    7. B&R

4. Bruce Wayne obligatory anime seizure attack!

1) Burton
    2) '66
    3) Reeves
    4) Forever
    5) Nolan
    6) Snyder
    7) Batman & Robin

5. cryptic name No Limits

I’d swap Snyder and Nolan but otherwise yeah.

6. Sawyer High King

You all deserve prison for putting 66 so low on your lists.

7. shauner111 Registered

Burton
    Reeves
    Schumacher Forever
    Nolan
    Snyder
    Schumacher B&R

Two things though:

We haven't seen Reeves' batmobile in action really and it's already pretty high on a lot of our lists, which is pretty amazing. It's number 2 for me but i can see it winning once this trilogy is over, upgrades or not. Depends on the sound design and how Battinson uses it.

I love the Tumbler but I still have a hard time seeing it as a "batmobile". It always felt like it was a prototype or a first vehicle that would get trashed and then Fox would create a car for him.

8. shauner111 Registered

Speaking of Nolan and vehicles. You know what I want and don't want from this series?

I don't want any batwing. I don't wanna make it too obvious that Batman is filthy rich or funded by a rich guy. And I don't want the threats to be so huge that Bruce feels the need to create a plane for combat or convenience. You might need Lucius Fox to build it too because this Bruce is putting everything together himself. So that's a pass from me.

What I'd love to see is the bat boat that Nolan planned on using for his third movie but scrapped. Reeves' take on a bat boat would be incredible for the sequel (not even a spoiler since the dam breaks in the trailer). If not the next movie, at least give it to us by the end of the trilogy.

cryptic name likes this.
  9. Matt.S99 Formally batboy99

Such a classic! Here I was thinking it was universally beloved.
    Maybe not the most practical, but man it is a beautiful car. Those red accents are just stunning

The Lazarus Pit likes this.
  10. Art Vandelay Registered

The Batcopter is where it's at!

[​IMG]

11. cryptic name No Limits

Agreed. Keeping his equipment fairly simple and hiding any crazy tech should be part of Batman’s disguise. And I’m a fan of keeping the action smaller so there’s no place for a jet. It would be really cool to see a boat. Don’t think we’ve seen one since the two seconds before it’s blown up in Batman Forever

shauner111 likes this.
  12. Milkman95 Movie Extra & Actor

Definitely agree with this - Nolan had the perfect opportunity for it with Chicago having all the canals weave within the City and having Lake Michigan. Would be great to get Reeves take on this!

Slick and shauner111 like this.
  13. Rick190293 Registered

1-Burton
    2-Tumbler
    3-Reeves (might go to #2)
    4-Snyder
    5-Forever
    6-B&R
    7-66 (sorry :halo:)

I'd rank TAS #1 if I saw a good live action adaptation haha

14. DeadlyWest A Flare in the Darkness (he/him/his)

This might be a bit of a hot take but
    1-Reeves
    2-Snyder
    3-66
    4-Tumbler
    5-Burton
    6-B&R
    7-Forever

I love the look of the Burtonmobile, it's obviously iconic. But it's also very obviously laughably impractical given he flat out needs to use a grapnel hook to actually turn. If we're including animated batmobiles, TNBA/JL Batmobile is my number 1 and BTAS is number 2, followed by everything else

15. shauner111 Registered

Batfleck’s makes sense but is the least creative. The guns ruin it too. Clooney's was too busy. West's is cool but I just prefer a few others more. Kilmer's is great. It's almost as ridiculous as Clooney's but like with everything in Batman Forever, I prefer it over Batman & Robin. The suits, vehicles, casting just works better in every way. I went over Bale's but Keaton's is just a sleek classic that looks alien but isn't over designed. The reason why Pattinson's could top it for me is because Keaton's batmobile doesn't have much weight to it. Like all of Keaton's vehicles they look like they can break easy. And they do in the movies. Rob's is this lean machine of a car. I'll take a 70's muscle car over anything really. I love the use of red. I love how the back has a bit of a design that gives it a nod to past batmobiles, so it doesn't just look like a muscle car. But it's subtle.

cryptic name likes this.
  16. J.Drangal Registered

Well, even though I saw the trailer, the context of your sentence is quite spoilery imo... If it's something carried through the sequel, it gives an idea of the importance of that event. I could have done without...
    This is the second post I see in recent days that is deceptively vague. I'm avoding the spoiler thread like plague but it seems nowhere is safe ! :funny:
    I have pleasure to read and discuss with you guys, but yeah, I really need to leave this board until release to stay fresh.

#1141 J.Drangal, Dec 3, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  17. shauner111 Registered

It is literally in the trailer. In what world does a dam explode and not be of importance? Lol it's not a spoiler. But be dramatic I guess.

18. HarveyHarris Registered

It was a sharp turn tbf, that's why the Joker cars all skidded off when they attempted the same turn.

19. J.Drangal Registered

A pond dam. :o

20. DeadlyWest A Flare in the Darkness (he/him/his)

I'd expect the Joker cars to do that because they're trying to follow Batman, don't know where he's going and aren't exactly pro racing drivers.

I don't expect multi-millionaire Bruce Wayne to build a car that essentially can't make that turn

21. DeadlyWest A Flare in the Darkness (he/him/his)

I'm assuming that's the explosion by the train tracks after the "what have you done?!" part, right?

Because...it's not really obvious, at least it wasn't to me. It just looked like something getting blown up.

22. shauner111 Registered

There's a wall that explodes with water everywhere on the right side of the frame.

23. HarveyHarris Registered

But no car can make that turn unaided, that's the point of the scene

24. DeadlyWest A Flare in the Darkness (he/him/his)

When I think of how a multi millionaire resolves the issue of making turns that most cars can't, I think F1 brakes and aerodynamics

I don't think a grapnel hook to wrap around a convenient pole. Sure, that's not as entertaining but eh

Am I nitpicking? Yes. It's my personal preference of batmobiles, I'm allowed to.

25. HarveyHarris Registered

Of course you're allowed to just as I am to question it. There's no right or wrong here

DeadlyWest likes this.