BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite whining- at least he can move his head.

Batman and Falcon had a Lego child.

What motivates people to try and pass off fakes?

The thirst for attention that was never given to them by their mommies, daddies, or members of the opposite gender.

So, basically confirmed we'll get our first look within a month?

Perfect. :cwink:

0.jpg

It's somebodies custom-made action figure; already debunked as such elsewhere.

Why it needed debunking is beyond me; it's deeply obviously at first glance that it's an action figure. Unless Ben Affleck has some torso articulation I'm not aware of, it absolutely astounds me that anyone fell for this. It defies all reason.

It's obviously a toy, but maybe at some point someone was trying to pass it off as a real toy of the real suit. But apparently it's not, and just as well.

That is the definite expectation.

It's expected to hit when they put out their press release announcing the start of production, and the official title of the film.

AKAIK nothing of the sort has been confirmed at all. People here have just been whippingthemselves into a frenzy for weeks then disappointed when their own expectations aren't met. We'll see it when we see it, and there very well may be no warning at all.

With the exception of the black triangle on his chest behind the emblem, and the resulting grey emblem, I like it. Has a nice nod to the Arkham suits, and i think a live action version of this (redoing the chest) would look bad ass on screen.

I actually agree for the most part. That black triangle chest-plate is odd and shouldn't be there IMO. I think the cowl and cape should be joined, if not one piece entirely. Lose the rivets on the bodysuit and change it to a slightly lighter grey and I'd be pretty cool with it!

Hate the overly bulky gauntlets though; I'll be honest, I always had a soft spot for the plated gauntlets that Keaton wore.

Possibly. There isn't anybody with inside information on the forums who could answer that question.

This.

But odds are, they will all be revealed at once.

Hate the overly bulky gauntlets though; I'll be honest, I always had a soft spot for the plated gauntlets that Keaton wore.

Agreed.

I also liked the size of Bale's too, but I always felt both iterations of Bale's were poorly designed.

I think we'll get the suit's (S/B/WW) in two weeks.

Only if they unveil it in next month's issue of Empire Magazine, or reveal via a online viral, ala the TDKR Bane reveal.

Last edited:
I always thought the Begins Gauntlets were amazing... sleek, light, armor and weapon combined.

liam_neeson_batman_begins_ras_al_ghul_the_dark_knight_rises_reflection_of_batmans_persona.jpeg

The Begins gauntlets were fine, though I would prefer the "blades" to be less square, and for them to be more integrated with the gloves.

Old Brucey could just jump on the internet and get some less flashy ones for $30.

http://www.karatemart.com/combat-arm-gauntlets

combat-bracer-arm-gauntlets.jpg

Local law enforcement recently confiscated a supply of weapons that a guy was selling to teenagers, including knives, shurikens, swords and a pair of these bladed bracers. A Female DA was showing off their catch by wearing one of these bracers, the only thing being, she wore them backwards With the blades pointing AWAY from her elbow ( elbow peeking out from the wrist end and) calling it a "cestus" (which was totally wrong.) :whatever:

I always thought the Begins Gauntlets were amazing... sleek, light, armor and weapon combined.

liam_neeson_batman_begins_ras_al_ghul_the_dark_knight_rises_reflection_of_batmans_persona.jpeg

I wish the Begins gloves had been nice leather ones like the ninjas wore instead of smoothskin neoprene, with maybe a hand-plate like those had too.

The braces (we always call them gauntlets but they're really braces, right?) were a cool approach to Batman's traditional gloves, just the dumb smooth gloves ruined it.

And I wish he'd kept the braces/gauntlets for the next suit for a bit of continuity. I'd rather the TDK had been in improvement/refinement of the BB design than a wholesale switch, honestly.

Local law enforcement recently confiscated a supply of weapons that a guy was selling to teenagers, including knives, shurikens, swords and a pair of these bladed bracers.

I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids.

:shrug:

I wish the Begins gloves had been nice leather ones like the ninjas wore instead of smoothskin neoprene, with maybe a hand-plate like those had too.

The braces (we always call them gauntlets but they're really braces, right?) were a cool approach to Batman's traditional gloves, just the dumb smooth gloves ruined it.

And I wish he'd kept the braces/gauntlets for the next suit for a bit of continuity. I'd rather the TDK had been in improvement/refinement of the BB design than a wholesale switch, honestly.

Partially correct, they're bracers, actually. They'd be gauntlets if the gloves were attached. (I studied medieval armor as an adjunct to a job once.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"