BvS The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Batman go after Superman? That's a good question. As we have seen in the comic books, they both are good guys. Fighting for justice. They just have different methods.

When it comes to the Batsuit - like many I've heard there is two costumes. But ideally I would love to see a scene in the Batcave, where you see many other costumes - some in glass cabinets (like the fallen Robin), others laying discarded on the floor. And of course a crucial scene, a weary seasoned Bruce Wayne feeling he is forced to don the costume once more to confront this new alien.

Well, we aren't just talking about any being. We're talking about Superman. Who, unless he's under some magic spell or mind control is always going to hold back from using his full capabilities. This is what Batman is banking on.

In which case, armour is pointless, because it will just cause Superman to "hold back" slightly less.

In that scenario, armour is more of a danger to Batman than a defence against Superman.

Why did he gather intel and secret files on how to stop his fellow Justice Leaguers even after he had formed friendships/bonds with them after saving the world countless times over the years?

Again... That stuff is in the context of Batman's history with those characters and within a world where mind control and magic and what have you which can control others or where a figure like Hal Jordan going nuts has happened. This MOS-verse is not like that (yet). Look I don't like particularly the Iron Bat armor stuff, but more than likely we'll get some of that in this film. I am not arguing against that, I just am finding flaws as I see them in your particular reasoning brotherman. That's all.

I will agree...I think regardless of whether it's wanted or not, some bat armor is gonna show up. I think it's one of the reasons we got the bat reveal as early as we did. I think he's got more up his sleeve with the character to show.

In which case, armour is pointless, because it will just cause Superman to "hold back" slightly less.

In that scenario, armour is more of a danger to Batman than a defence against Superman.

I guess we can dance this dance forever, but the bottom line is you protect yourself in anyway you can. Seat belts have potential to save lives. If your car gets utterly demolished in an accident, you may not walk away in flawless condition, but that simple strap and buckle could mean the difference between life and death.

I'm curious, and I'll pose this question to KRYPTON as well:

Would you have him go into the battle (and this battle will happen in the movie) with his standard Batsuit? Just because you aesthetically are against the robosuit? Which suit is more logical even if it may go against your personal sensibilities?

I'm trying to understand.

Again... That stuff is in the context of Batman's history with those characters and within a world where mind control and magic and what have you which can control others or where a figure like Hal Jordan going nuts has happened. This MOS-verse is not like that (yet). Look I don't like particularly the Iron Bat armor stuff, but more than likely we'll get some of that in this film. I am not arguing against that, I just am finding flaws as I see them in your particular reasoning brotherman. That's all.

Well, now it just sounds like you're willing to throw away canon because it doesn't fit your argument.

Even if we throw away canon, MOS-verse Batman can still be untrustworthy of an alien presence here on Earth. Even if he did save the world. There is still reason for a paranoid Batman to believe he could go rogue or be turned.

What if Zod and his gang aren't the last Kryptonians? What is Kal leads more to Earth?

Now what?

Maybe I have too much of an imagination...

From what I heard one of the reasons we got the Bat-suit/Affleck reveal so soon was that the studio is very anxious to turn around the negative press (which has been enormous for this film.) Has it worked? To some degree yes. To another nope because now we have Sad-Batman going viral which itself is one of the greater ironies when it comes to Batman.

Why would Batman go after Superman? That's a good question. As we have seen in the comic books, they both are good guys. Fighting for justice. They just have different methods.

When it comes to the Batsuit - like many I've heard there is two costumes. But ideally I would love to see a scene in the Batcave, where you see many other costumes - some in glass cabinets (like the fallen Robin), others laying discarded on the floor. And of course a crucial scene, a weary seasoned Bruce Wayne feeling he is forced to don the costume once more to confront this new alien.

Why are people assuming that Batman is the one going after Superman? Maybe Batman is wanted for murder or something and Superman tracks him down. Batman learns Superman's identity and threatens to expose him, the two talk to each other and Superman starts to sympathize with Batman's position. As Superman leaves he tries to convince Batman to turn himself in, and if not then he'll come for him.
So Batman then uses his time to prepare a plan for when the two inevitably fight.

That's a really good question The Slang. But considering that the official press release from Warner Bros made it clear Bruce Wayne is the older wiser of the pair, would Batman be so reckless as to be wanted for murder in the new movie when he is the more experienced of the pair?

So when we get the next Batman suit reveal shot, say something full length and in colour.

We need to see Batman laughing and skipping through a field so that people don't think he is sad? :o

I guess we can dance this dance forever, but the bottom line is you protect yourself in anyway you can. Seat belts have potential to save lives. If your car gets utterly demolished in an accident, you may not walk away in flawless condition, but that simple strap and buckle could mean the difference between life and death.

I'm curious, and I'll pose this question to KRYPTON as well:

Would you have him go into the battle (and this battle will happen in the movie) with his standard Batsuit? Just because you aesthetically are against the robosuit? Which suit is more logical even if it may go against your personal sensibilities?

I'm trying to understand.

Well, now it just sounds like you're willing to throw away canon because it doesn't fit your argument.

Even if we throw away canon, MOS-verse Batman can still be untrustworthy of an alien presence here on Earth. Even if he did save the world. There is still reason for a paranoid Batman to believe he could go rogue or be turned.

What if Zod and his gang aren't the last Kryptonians? What is Kal leads more to Earth?

Now what?

Maybe I have too much of an imagination...

Now you are onto more solid ground, reasoning wise, for me. Why? Because you are focusing on THIS film's continuity and not source material. Just saying, it does matter for this film. But again, if Batman in the film is a great detective that finds out EVERYTHING about Clark then I still can't see why he'd be like, "let's throw down brother, cuz you might be a threat." On the other hand if Lex Luthor pulls the wool over Batman's eyes, and indeed Lex should be one of a handful of people in the world to be able to do that, then it makes more sense to me. With no history of counting on Superman's compassion, then sure, Batman will protect himself as best as he can, perhaps armor, perhaps intricate (really intricate) planning.

Again, canon will help shape this film's story but they are separate continuities that don't necessarily impact the characters in the exact same way. That's my point.

That's a really good question The Slang. But considering that the official press release from Warner Bros made it clear Bruce Wayne is the older wiser of the pair, would Batman be so reckless as to be wanted for murder in the new movie when he is the more experienced of the pair?

Maybe. Or maybe he's framed or something, I don't know. I know I keep bringing up The Dark Knight Returns, but in that story Batman at the end of his career finally kills the Joker. And that's part of the reason Superman fights him.

It's one of my favorite Batman stories.

Now you are onto more solid ground, reasoning wise, for me. Why? Because you are focusing on THIS film's continuity and not source material. Just saying, it does matter for this film. But again, if Batman in the film is a great detective that finds out EVERYTHING about Clark then I still can't see why he'd be like, "let's throw down brother, cuz you might be a threat." On the other hand if Lex Luthor pulls the wool over Batman's eyes, and indeed Lex should be one of a handful of people in the world to be able to do that, then it makes more sense to me. With no history of counting on Superman's compassion, then sure, Batman will protect himself as best as he can, perhaps armor, perhaps intricate (really intricate) planning.

Again, canon will help shape this film's story but they are separate continuities that don't necessarily impact the characters in the exact same way. That's my point.

I feel you, but you can't completely disqualify what I'm saying because it doesn't fit specifically into this films universe only because we are dealing with Snyder, who is known to be pretty faithful. So I'm expecting the paranoid old man Bats from TDKR mixed in with some other influences. I see what you're saying though.

All of that aside, I'm still curious as to why the armored suit is "wrong". Mind you, I never said it was the Superman-stopper. It's a level of protection, not thee level of protection.

Perhaps Batman will have an aerosol can of Krypton atmosphere in his arsenal of weapons and gadgets?

I mean, we have already had Bat-Shark Repellent... Am I right? Am I right? :cwink: :woot:

[YT]9dghbyBaQyI[/YT]

That will be one of the most revealing sequences within the movie; just what does Batman carry in that utility belt of his? But a nice, kind of eerie/wicked scene would be, where Superman thinks he has the upper-hand, and then Batman digs into his belt and removes something alien looking... which begins to glow as we see Superman's horrified reaction.

The thing is the armor Miller went with looked like it would render Batman so immobile that Superman's speed would make the fact it could take a hit moot. Plus it was the 80's, everything was big, now things are invented to be as sturdy and functional, but much less weighty and cumbersome.

At any rate I think the AK armor looks strong but still with enough give that it will allow Batman ease of movement.

I think the Miller armor would look like Stark's Mark I in live action.

That isn't Batman, that would be the titular Arkham Knight, the villain.

[BLACKOUT]I think it's Tommy Eliot[/BLACKOUT]

Why would he be horrified over something he's never seen or experienced before?

Why would Superman be horrified at something he has never seen before? That's an easy question to answer - because of the effect it has upon him. It levels the playing field. Makes him vulnerable in a way he has never been before - certainly not to a human.

Why would Superman be horrified at something he has never seen before? That's an easy question to answer - because of the effect it has upon him. It levels the playing field. Makes him vulnerable in a way he has never been before - certainly not to a human.

How does he know what effect it has on him? You see, it's one thing to say he has a look of pain. It's another to say he is having an emotional response like "horror".

Again... This is not the classic DCU. This is the DCCU. Adjust accordingly.

Listening to Kevin Smith's comedy show Hollywood Babble on this morning, and he mentioned that the picture of the bat-suit he saw was in full colour, and he mentioned book 3 of frank millers dark knight returns. So I'm guess that confirms (not like we didn't know) that it's black and grey, I wonder if theres any tinge of yellow on the belt (which I'd love)

^ I certainly hope there's yellow/bronze/gold on the belt. I won't FREAK OUT if there isn't, but still.

I'm taking his previous Tweet about the chest symbol and the fact that he hasn't mentioned anything saying otherwise as a sign that it is indeed black, not the same grey as the rest of the body suit. I just don't why it looks like that in the shot?

Black and white pic combined with the obvious textured nature of the material and symbol.

^ I certainly hope there's yellow/bronze/gold on the belt. I won't FREAK OUT if there isn't, but still.

I'm taking his previous Tweet about the chest symbol and the fact that he hasn't mentioned anything saying otherwise as a sign that it is indeed black, not the same grey as the rest of the body suit. I just don't why it looks like that in the shot?

Yeah I think it's time that filmmakers get the confidence to put a bit of gold/yellow back in the backsuit again.

I just realized that that AK villain armor above looks alot like the TDK suit minus the jigsaw legs.

Listening to Kevin Smith's comedy show Hollywood Babble on this morning, and he mentioned that the picture of the bat-suit he saw was in full colour, and he mentioned book 3 of frank millers dark knight returns. So I'm guess that confirms (not like we didn't know) that it's black and grey, I wonder if theres any tinge of yellow on the belt (which I'd love)

Yeah I just listened to it and he was talking about how some people don't get the photo released is in monochrome and he said that if anyone wants to see what the suit looks like (in terms of colour) look at the third TDKR book, which is ''Hunt The Dark Knight'' and he said the suit looks EXACTLY like that (obviously sans the trunks). Also says that's why he hugged Snyder then because he loves TDKR and never thought he'd see that suit on the big screen.

Which also means that whoever said that he said the suit was very Jim Lee inspired was full of s**t! He said Frank Miller.

Yeah I just listened to it and he was talking about how some people don't get the photo released is in monochrome and he said that if anyone wants to see what the suit looks like (in terms of colour) look at the third TDKR book, which is ''Hunt The Dark Knight'' and he said the suit looks EXACTLY like that (obviously sans the trunks). Also says that's why he hugged Snyder then because he loves TDKR and never thought he'd see that suit on the big screen.

Which also means that whoever said that he said the suit was very Jim Lee inspired was full of s**t! He said Frank Miller.

Yeah that Jim Lee quote seemed out of place, because Smith is massively MASSIVELY into Miller's DKR, if it looked like that, he would have said Miller, not Lee. Glad that's cleared up, i think my initial problems with the big emblem will be cleared up once he's in full colour and that emblem is all black on grey.

Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"